PDA

View Full Version : Can you buy a Treefull of Secrets??

pinkmonte
2006-10-09, 01:12 PM
Hi all, I was wondering if anyone had any info on this. I bought Floyd's Variations on a theme of absence, Pretty cool box and all. I also have the Shine on Box set. But does anyone know if you can buy, or does anyone have a legit box of A Treefull of Secrets. I've never seen it anywhere to buy, only to trade on sites such as this. Some feedback on this would be nice, thanks. Justin

Arnold_Layne
2006-10-11, 08:09 AM
Yes you can buy it from Ebay. I advise against it. A Tree Full of Secrets (ATFOS) is a fan project. Extensive research was done to find all officially released versions of tracks that were not on the full album releases. It was made freely available as there was no intent to make any money from the project. Copies have since surfaced on ebay lining the pockets of people who simply downloaded it from the internet, burned it to cdr's and sell it for hundreds of dollars. Please NEVER NEVER BUY A ROIO or VOIO. You are simply allowing somone to profit from absolutey nothing.

You can download ATFOS here on Yeeshkul.

A_L

MarchingHammers
2006-10-11, 09:12 AM
If you want to swindle yourself out of your hard earned cash, then do so but what's the point? Arnold_Layne explained it right on. People that sell unofficial recordings on Ebay are exactly the reason why we all have such a hard time getting them in the first place. Think about it..if bands knew we wouldn't record their music and turn around and sell it for cash, do you think they would want security to check for cams/recorders when you enter the building? They know they would be losing out while people would be gaining on their hard earned success.

So when you buy an ROIO/VOIO you are doing those losers a big favor and letting them win and in turn making our jobs more difficult getting what we want the most: live/rare studio recordings to distribute freely online or by mail.

-MH

sivle
2006-10-11, 11:14 AM
If you have trouble finding it somewhere to download from, maybe try requesting a trade with someone rather than flat out buying it or just offer to pay for just shipping and cost of discs to someone who's willing. I'd be curious to hear what people are charging for it on ebay or whatever.

pinkmonte
2006-10-11, 01:14 PM
Thanks all, I was just like to have big boxes of pink flloyd stuff. I was never sure if it was an official release or a roio. thanks for the help!:D