PDA

View Full Version : Help!!

pinkmonte
2006-10-12, 01:08 AM
I seem to have a problem, the same as many. I can't seem to download anything now. What happened?? I have no passkeys? Not sure what that means, I did reset the passkey option, restarted my utorrent, logged out and back in but nothing is working. The only torrent I can seem to get is the Syd Barret DVD. Nothing else works. All my NPF downoads are running fine. Please help me out, as i'm not very good at figuring stuff out. :confused:

ResiAlien
2006-10-12, 02:02 AM
I haven't tried downloading anything yet... but have you re-downloaded the torrent files since re-setting the passkey? Try that if you haven't.

tjmack
2006-10-12, 04:00 AM
I seem to have a problem, the same as many. I can't seem to download anything now. What happened?? I have no passkeys? Not sure what that means, I did reset the passkey option, restarted my utorrent, logged out and back in but nothing is working. The only torrent I can seem to get is the Syd Barret DVD. Nothing else works. All my NPF downoads are running fine. Please help me out, as i'm not very good at figuring stuff out. :confused:

Give us some details on the errors that you're getting. None of us are mind-readers.

If you're getting the 'Invalid Passkey' error then download and install ccleaner (not a typo) which is an utility that will thoroughly clean out your temp internet files such as cookies. Remove the bad torrent from your client. Log back into the site and then redownload the torrent.

T.

Dark_Side
2006-10-12, 04:18 AM
Have you tried this?: http://www.yeeshkul.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1187

It worked for me yesterday!

pinkmonte
2006-10-13, 11:15 AM
K things seem to be working correctly now. I installed the ccleaner, and ran it, that didn't work. So I tried the Passkey thing darkside wrote. that worked. can someone please explain that to me. I don't want to sound dumb, and if I do sorry. I just want to understand this stuff a little better. I posted a passkey from a working torrent to all the torrents I want to get, and they work. Is the passkey the same for evrything? Just hit me back with some info on it. And TJ, I thought everyone could read minds!! I must be the only one :D lol

theembryo
2006-10-13, 04:47 PM
This means that the tracker doesn't check anymore your logged ip in order to verify if you are logged in or registered with the tracker. Every user has a personal passkey, a random key generated by the system. When a user tries to download a torrent, its personal passkey is imprinted in the tracker url of the torrent, allowing to the tracker to identify any source connected on it. In this way, you can seed a torrent for example, at home and at your office simultaneously without any problem with the 2 different ips. Be careful, though, and don't e-mail the .torrent file you download from a site to anyone else. Whatever activity is seen with that torrent downloaded with your passkey will attribute to your account for that site, potentially ruining your ratio, etc. If you see activity for your account on a torrent that you know you're not seeding or leeching with a different ip than the one(s) you use, you need to reset your passkey. Also, Every time that you reset your passkey, you must redownload every single torrent that you are downloading or seeding at the same time. Or else the tracker will respond to you with some kind of "Unregistered Torrent Pass " error. Enough info for you to start with??