PDA

View Full Version : Yeeshkul T-Shirts

tjmack
2008-10-09, 11:38 PM
Poll now closed.

So that's the 5 Man and Vinyl LP shirts to be sold. Good choices folks.

I'll get the ordering page up tomorrow (Friday 17th Oct).

What I plan to do is have the ordering up for a week, during which you will be able to order via a simple shopping cart system which, in turn, will take you onto Paypal where the total amont due will be taken off your card. Paypal is one of the safest ways of online payment, with every checkout transaction recorded by them, not just me - that's why I'm using it

We're going to wait until the end of next week before we actually start processing any orders. I'll close down the ordering page then, and I'll collect all the orders together and send them off to the supplier as one order list. This way the supplier can order the stock and print them in one batch. So don't expect your shirt to arrive quickly after ordering - it won't.

I'm guessing we should be allowing anything from 3-4 weeks for the shirts to be delivered, but I'll give you a more definite time period once we get all the orders in. The T-shirts will be packed and sent out individually, even if you order several on the same order.

T.

linuxsupreme
2008-10-09, 11:44 PM
Most definitely. Some long sleeve selection if at all possible.

tjmack
2008-10-09, 11:48 PM
Not at this time. Perhaps on another occasion.

T.

Homerpax
2008-10-09, 11:58 PM
A GREAT IDEA! Keep up the good work TJ!

Novak
2008-10-10, 12:16 AM
They're all pretty cool, so even if the one I voted for don't make it, I'd happily buy one or both of the two that DO make it.

Thanks TJ...

Novak

kimirkim
2008-10-10, 12:19 AM
Good idea, I will deafinitelly order one. Flying Pig on white is my favourite, it's very eye-catching but I think that Yeeshkul inscription would be better if was written with the same style as one on the top of this page( I'm used to this graphic:) ). In relation to remains: 'Y' prism design on black is great but it misses web adress(which I think is integral to logo), maybe on reverse(back); Yeeshkul Vinyl LP label design on black looks cool but it might be quite indecipherable when printed on the shirt; Animals with 'www.yeeshkul.com' banner on black looks quite ordinary, you need to watch carefully to spot Y;
5 Man on 'Sand' coloured T-shirt is interesting because first impression is that it's another PF shirt. Than it turns out that it's a drawing with some strange(for those not familiar with this site) inscription.
I think there should be another proposal with Her :sexy: She's a VIP here so why not to put her on the T-shirt.
All in all I'm keeping my fingers crossed for this project.

theembryo
2008-10-10, 12:29 AM
I realize the vote on a single favourite, however; is a vote on more than one reserved for future shirt offerings? I cannot be alone in wanting more than one design for differing family members. I believe you will sell all the shirts you make available in no time at all. An excellent idea whose time was long in coming....well done, and thanks!!

fingercuffs
2008-10-10, 12:33 AM
Why not have a competition/poll to come up with some designs?

linuxsupreme
2008-10-10, 01:26 AM
Not at this time. Perhaps on another occasion.

T.

Cool. I really dig the 5 man sand and the vinyl Y.

oldpink
2008-10-10, 01:30 AM
I like all the designs, but to me it is no contest: The 5 man on "sand" colored shirt.
The images of each of the boys are excellent, and I especially like how whoever created it gave it dimension.
I would definitely buy at least two, so that I would have one as backup.
;)
Great idea!
:worthy:

linuxsupreme
2008-10-10, 01:32 AM
They're all pretty cool, so even if the one I voted for don't make it, I'd happily buy one or both of the two that DO make it.

Thanks TJ...

Novak

Yah, they all look very nice indeed. Tough choices.

buffalofloyd
2008-10-10, 01:40 AM
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

buffalofloyd
2008-10-10, 01:45 AM
Great, I am very glad this is finally coming to fruition. I'll prolly order a few. I know it prolly won't happen right now but some very quality hooded sweatshirts would be a real treat. Here in Buffalo during the winter it's cold as hell and I want to look stylish in my new Y hoody ;)

Jim

plains203
2008-10-10, 02:02 AM
I love the 5 man Floyd but the web address looks to big and would look better imho if it was not overlaid over the image. But that's the one I like the most. Is this design up for a bit of tweaking?

kbrubaker
2008-10-10, 02:07 AM
I've always admired tj's Y-Prism. It's a very simple, but powerful graphic. Clearly Pink Floyd related without being too obvious. I'd be proud to wear it.

djaspuhr
2008-10-10, 03:22 AM
I can't wait to get one. What a blast! I also really like the the banner at the top of the page...of the choices, i like the vinyl the best. it seems the most original..and well...pigs don't need wings to fly.

mpar1
2008-10-10, 04:01 AM
Very cool. I will order one even if my favorite doesn't win.

y1999jas
2008-10-10, 06:39 AM
OK, to be fair I only voted once, and with my primary account (this one).

Here are my thoughts, for whatever they're worth:

1) Love the "five man" shirt. It has the site's graphic (and I think is important that its an artist's conception and not a photograph) and name (URL) large and clear, although I would prefer that the URL be below the likenesses and level. It will make great advertising for the site for its intended audience. It's low key and not blatant. People who see it who are not Yeeshkuligans will have to either recognize the young likenesses of the band members (i.e., be Floyd fans) or be interested enough in whatever "Yeeshkul" might mean in order to check out the site. I think its an ingenious design. (Hmmm, wonder which one I voted for)

2) Don't like the idea of nicking an official album cover at all. If we're going to nick a cover, let's nick a boot instead.

3) Might offend Muslims. LOL. But seriously, its the clear runner-up in my book.

4) Don't think its appropriate to use the band's name. Prefer a more subtle approach, such as "Floydians" in number 3. Just my opinion.

5) Where I live some people are going to see a "Y" and a rainbow and think YMCA, (and not in a good way.) Its a great design for an avatar on the site where people are going to understand its symbolism, but I won't wear it in public. Wouldn't want anyone to think I'm a gingerbread man or a panty-wearing pervert!

I think nos 1 and 3 do a good job of promoting the site. The others either don't mention the site at all (no 5), are too busy to be readily deciphered by the casual observer (no 4) or have the site's URL too obscure to stand out and really be noticed (no 2). Additionally, I think nos 2 and 4 have the potential to expose the site and its operator(s) to legal issues. We certainly don't want that.

I would love to have a shirt or two. I think this is a great way to support the site in a quasi-indirect way. I'll probably buy nos 1 and 3 if they are made available, despite my dislike for PayPal. There is another similar service based in either Europe or the UK that deserves looking in to, but the name escapes me. It's been a few years since I've had occasion to use them.

radiowaves
2008-10-10, 09:23 AM
5 Man on sand, size XL please :cheers:

Paypal won't accept my debit card.....can someone help me:o

aikowolf
2008-10-10, 06:03 PM
voted Animals, but 5 man was a very close second! will purchase one when ready no matter!

andy_672
2008-10-10, 06:29 PM
I do think that all the designs should carry the the words "WWW.Yeeshkul.COM" somewhere in the design as these are for promoting our forum not the band & perhaps also "Member" could also be added to the designs

I agree with a few (but not all )of the points raised by y1999jas

lordtomaso
2008-10-10, 06:36 PM
GREAT idea TJ, I can't wait to buy one of those!
I voted for the Yeeshkul LP but actually I love all of them.

jackslacker
2008-10-10, 09:14 PM
I too will purchase a shirt, regardless of design. I like the Yeeshkul LP shirt as it captures the aspects of live performance and vinyl preservation represented in many of the offerings here, along with the Web address. Maybe a couple of choices could work; and the idea someone had before of a "contest" of new designs isn't bad. These are great designs though. My number 2 would be the Animals cover. The leading vote getter I find the most generic and mundane, but to each is own (and I'll buy whatever comes forth!).

Paulrammylad
2008-10-10, 09:23 PM
I too will purchase a shirt regardless of which design wins. Many thanks to those behind this project, you should all give yourselves a pat on the back. Paul

berdmann
2008-10-10, 09:49 PM
i voted for the 5 man sand. will get one as long as dont lose it all in the stock market:D

b weird
2008-10-10, 10:29 PM
5 men sand on is cool. Animals is cool too. The winged pig one is kinda weird, sorry.

I'd definatly one of 'em.

I' DON'T think the shirts should proclaim the WWW & .COM. Just Yeeshkul. Someone might see the shirt and then report the site to someone who would shut us down.

I could be being paranoid, but it happened with Speedingarrow.com the Grateful Dead show forum.

Just my two cents.

Peace.

y1999jas
2008-10-11, 04:42 AM
b weird makes a good point. I like to err on the side of caution. I'm a Prince fan, and you know what is going on with him these days.

Regarding shirt 5, I might be receptive to it if it were frame 6/12 of the animated gif which is TJ's avatar where the prism (pyramid) and "Y" are both clearly visible. Otherwise, I don't think a lot of people are going to get it. What especially bugs me about the design for this shirt is that the rainbow emanates from a point of articulation, which is physically impossible. At least if the design stuck to the original animated gif then it would eminate from a wholy flat surface.

moonwall
2008-10-11, 06:29 AM
b weird makes a good point. I like to err on the side of caution. I'm a Prince fan, and you know what is going on with him these days.

Regarding shirt 5, I might be receptive to it if it were frame 6/12 of the animated gif which is TJ's avatar where the prysim (pyramid) and "Y" are both clearly visible. Otherwise, I don't think a lot of people are going to get it. What especially bugs me about the design for this shirt is that the rainbow emminates from a point of articulation, which is physically impossible. At least if the design stuck to the original animated gif then it would eminate from a wholy flat surface.

:) Actually, it's created the other way around. I made the t-shirt Y some months ago (of course with DSOTM prism as basic idea) and later on I made the animated gif using it and DSOTM prism for TJ. So the t-shirt Y is the original and the animated gif needs some tweaking :)

About copyright issues: these have been checked before putting the "prints" up for the poll, so we know what can be printed or not.
And about www.yeeshkul.com: One of the purposes with this is to promote Yeeshkul.
If any Pink Floyd managment wants to close us, I think it would have been done already.

moon

PTownshend
2008-10-11, 05:15 PM
I'd have to say that the 5 man floyd is my favorite.

* The Animals cover is not very exciting to the eyes

* The Dark side "Y" is not an obvious promoter of the website (unless, of course, you can have Yeeshkul.com on the back)

* the vinyl is good but the photos are distorted and the website URL is hard to view.

* the flying pig is cool, too (almost like the old Trade Mark of Quality logo, utilizing the pig). But it doesn't seem to have an overt connection to Floyd and kind of misses the mark on what its promoting.

I'll buy 2 tshirts for sure! Whatever wins I'll get 2 shirts.

Darren

goldenband
2008-10-11, 05:32 PM
I' DON'T think the shirts should proclaim the WWW & .COM. Just Yeeshkul.

I agree, but for different reasons. The word "Yeeshkul" on its own invites an interesting conversation, ranging from "What the hell is that?" on up -- whereas including the .com would make me feel a bit like a walking billboard. I appreciate the subtlety of the prism shirt in that regard.

I'd like to see the flying pig one with a speech bubble coming out of its mouth saying "Yeeshkul!" and nothing else. Similarly, perhaps the five-man Floyd one could give David a very small badge on his jacket saying "Yeeshkul" in small type. I favor the subtle approach (which probably comes as no surprise to those who know me!).

All of the above is just IMHO, of course.

theembryo
2008-10-11, 06:03 PM
I like a flying pig with "Yeeshkul" bubble idea indeed.....

I know this is a moot point, but I believe neither image needs any adjustment to be 'correct'. The Pyramid and Y's rainbow is exactly as displayed on the initial 1973 EMI/Harvest (and Gramophone Company Ltd SHVL 804 and 804A 33-1/3) Release images.....

http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/6089/newimagedb1.gif

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/4550/pinkfloyddsotmframedlx3.jpg

oldpink
2008-10-11, 08:05 PM
:) Actually, it's created the other way around. I made the t-shirt Y some months ago (of course with DSOTM prism as basic idea) and later on I made the animated gif using it and DSOTM prism for TJ. So the t-shirt Y is the original and the animated gif needs some tweaking :)

About copyright issues: these have been checked before putting the "prints" up for the poll, so we know what can be printed or not.
And about www.yeshkul.com: One of the purposes with this is to promote Yeeshkul.
If any Pink Floyd managment wants to close us, I think it would have been done already.

moon

I agree.
Thanks to the mods and TJ keeping pirates away from here, Dave, Nick, and especially Roger, are almost certainly well aware of this site, but they have left it alone.
I think it is a safe bet that the band - while publicly claiming that they discourage 'legs - is not so stupid as to believe that ROIO's hurt their fanbase.
Consider how Roger so conveniently identified each recording with his audience banter in their early years, then actually numbered his shows during "Pigs," then discussed the pig in a different way each night during the 1980-1981 The Wall gigs.
Dave and Nick are the only two who have mentioned 'legs at all, taking what sounds to me like a half-hearted statement against them, which satisfies their copyright standing, while not taking an active role against traders.
Roger would appear to be - if not actively supporting them - the one who has done what he can to make the tapers' life easier.
This is all conjecture, of course, but I bet I'm right.
;)

Hawker
2008-10-11, 09:30 PM
Love all the deisgns. The only thing being in the UK anything over 15 will require a customs payment, but to make matters worse the post office pay it then charge you another 8 on top of the customs charge for dealing with it. No idea what rate they use to work out conversion, think its $1:60 to the 1 at moment, so hopefully will fall below the 15 rate. Look forward to the day they are available.

calyx1
2008-10-11, 09:44 PM
i have to agree that having the web address (www.yeeshkul.com) on the shirt probably isn't the wisest idea. just having Yeeshkul! would be...safer. what we do here, from a legal standpoint, is rather a grey area as it is. no point in needlessly jeopardising it.

i voted for the 'record label' design. i actually prefer the '5 man' design but a sand coloured shirt would get dirty (and more noticably so...ever spill coffee on a shirt that colour?) much quicker than a darker one. also, Dave's face in that approximation of the photo looks strange...i think the lips are wrong...has a weird snarly look to it.

cool idea, though!!

y1999jas
2008-10-12, 03:47 AM
@ theembryo: not trying to beat a dead horse, but the Y image you posted (appears to be frame 12/12 of the animated gif) is different than the Y on the shirt image. Take a closer look.

@ calyx1: nothing gray about it in the US. Ever read the DMCA?

@ moonwall: thanks for your comments about copyright. I feel a lot better that perhaps we are not going down such a dangerous road after all. Did you do all of the designs? I guess I'm splitting hairs (or beams of light) about where the rainbow emanates. Truth is that it doesn't really matter because due to the angles involved, either way would be physically impossible.

@ TJ: From where will the shirts be shipped? I assumed UK, even though the price is specified in USD. Whom gets charged customs duties might make a difference to some.

Great thread. Love reading all of the opinions. Life would be really boring if we were all the same. I think round 2 of shirt sales will really benefit from the suggested tweaks. I also support the pig-on-the-wing w/ speech baloon idea. Since the pig shirt will apparently be the big loser in the current vote, perhaps it will turn up later in an altered form.

Not trying to "hog" the thread, so I'll shut up for awhile.

moonwall
2008-10-12, 09:10 AM
@ theembryo: not trying to beat a dead horse, but the Y image you posted (appears to be frame 12/12 of the animated gif) is different than the Y on the shirt image. Take a closer look.

@ calyx1: nothing gray about it in the US. Ever read the DMCA?

@ moonwall: thanks for your comments about copyright. I feel a lot better that perhaps we are not going down such a dangerous road after all. Did you do all of the designs? I guess I'm splitting hairs (or beams of light) about where the rainbow emanates. Truth is that it doesn't really matter because due to the angles involved, either way would be physically impossible.

@ TJ: From where will the shirts be shipped? I assumed UK, even though the price is specified in USD. Whom gets charged customs duties might make a difference to some.

Great thread. Love reading all of the opinions. Life would be really boring if we were all the same. I think round 2 of shirt sales will really benefit from the suggested tweaks. I also support the pig-on-the-wing w/ speech baloon idea. Since the pig shirt will apparently be the big loser in the current vote, perhaps it will turn up later in an altered form.

Not trying to "hog" the thread, so I'll shut up for awhile.

Please, don't shut up. As you say, a great thread with lots of interesting opinions.
And maybe there will be some tweaking of the images, some of the suggestions are really good imo.
As for who made the designs, they are sort of cooperative work by "the mod squad", I just implemented the ideas by Photoshopping.

moon

Gong
2008-10-12, 10:34 AM
The LP shirt is brilliant!

will you deliver it worldwide????

moonwall
2008-10-12, 10:56 AM
The LP shirt is brilliant!

will you deliver it worldwide????

Yes, we will :)

Novak
2008-10-12, 03:12 PM
Are we approaching 'Money where yer mouth is' time?? I get paid next week :) and would like to be wearing one shortly after that time :)

:sexy:

As I said earlier, they are all great, and all would look good on. Kudos to the 'Mod-Squad'. :worthy:

Thanks folks!!!

Novak

pattison2
2008-10-12, 03:51 PM
would love one of the 5 man floyd shirts
as for customs it might be wisest to have some made in the uk, for uk and european purchase and some made in the usa for north american purposes. not only would it save on some of the customs problems but would also lower postage costs. not sure where all the mods are from, but know there are plenty of us normal users here in the buffalo area to make it worthwhile to have some printed here, and from buffalo we can ship ups or mail to any point in the usa or canada within a couple of days, and for us to ship a t-shirt to canada requires no customs docs
just an idea

FloydianTheo
2008-10-12, 04:48 PM
I've voted: 5 Man on 'Sand'

That's Pink Floyd - all members on 1 shirt

dgrwrwnm
2008-10-12, 08:56 PM
I really like the 5 man Floyd motive!
but i don't like the sand color... I want it in black.

the flying pig looks awesome too! i want that in black also..

dougprit
2008-10-12, 09:02 PM
I would have to say the 5 man sand coloured, there all good but that's the only one I could wear and feel comfy

tjmack
2008-10-12, 10:22 PM
The designs of this run of T-shirts will not be changed unless due to unforeseen technical difficulties. We will take some suggestions on board for future runs though and perhaps have an open design competition then..

I really do not believe the inclusion of the full url address on some of the shirts makes us more vulnerable from the wrath of the gods than we already are. I do want them to spread the word a little bit, with some being more subtle to that purpose than others, and do require a certain Floydian knowledge to be recognised, and capture the attention of fans. But not everyone has that knowledge, so the inclusion of 'www' and 'com' gives immediate notification to the the PF ignorant what the T-shirts are about.

They will be shipped from within the EU , so as I understand it, those residing in EU countries such as the UK, France, Germany, Sweden etc. will NOT pay customs duties, nor import VAT (see here (http://customs.hmrc.gov.uk/channelsPortalWebApp/channelsPortalWebApp.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=pageTravel_ShowContent&propertyType=document&resetCT=true&id=HMCE_CL_001454)), as I read the notes for the UK, and I assume other EU countries will have the same policy.

I'm not certain on the situation for those residing outside the EU, so perhaps someone can chip in.

T.

thebrew
2008-10-13, 07:35 AM
(1) vote for Yeeshkul Vinyl Lp version.....not too "billboardy", enough to catch people's eyes, and for those that actually look closely at it (when in say, conversation...) they'll notice A) the web address and then B) Pink Floyd in "pink" in the middle. Then you can tell them (when it's appropriate) just what the hell this is all about. Perfect:)

kylekatarn
2008-10-13, 11:52 AM
The 5 Man on 'Sand' coloured t-shirt is my hands-down favourite. I'm also fond of the Yeeshkul Vinyl LP label design and the 'Y' Prism design, but I loathe to wear black t-shirts in the summer time, when the sun is even roasting me without wearing dark coloured clothes. I am way beyond the age where being cool is more important than being comfortable :D But if it turns out to be one of the black t-shirts, I'd order one anyway and put it happily on the pile of hardly ever worn black t-shirts in my wardrobe :)

By the way, in case the t-shirts should become a success, have you ever thought of offering baseball caps in the future as well? For example with the Yeeshkul!-logo stitched on? I'd pre-order one today :)

JAXREBFAN
2008-10-14, 01:09 AM
I most surely would have to buy the flying pig,or the animals cover maybe all if available!!!!!!! JRF:)

xdreduardx
2008-10-14, 07:32 PM
I like the pig.
I only see 4 design. Animals is missing.

bluesrpink
2008-10-14, 08:39 PM
Yeeshkul Vinyl Lp version is tops for me. :)

buffalofloyd
2008-10-15, 06:08 AM
Is it possible to get the next run in hooded sweatshirts as well? I think the lp or the Y would look awesome in a black hoodie, with the web addy on the back in a grey or white. Just a thought. I will buy 3 prolly. The 5 man, lp, and Y.

Jim

Stef
2008-10-15, 11:58 AM
Wow, just 5 minutes ago I discovered this nice poll. I voted for the first shirt: 5 man in sandcolour. Also I would like to say that it was a pity, we couldn't vote all in order of best->worse, this way you could clearly get a good pereception of the way the yeeshkul comunity likes all designs, now you have to choose only 1.
Second point: only printing Yeeshkul (in font style of the webpage) would be enough. Making the shirt only as advertisement also attracts " wrong" people who wants to make some bucks out of (y)our releases.
Wrtiting only Yeeshkul can create a great opportunity to talk with people who really like the music and have a warm heart for bootleggers.

Third: I also like the Y shirt in style of DSOTM...

Fourth: why not let us upload idea's and graphics so you can look at them

Fifth: if a shirt has artwork printed, indeed make use of a bootleg instead of an official release. I always liked the MOOED (?) artwork.

Sixth: long time ago. some friends and I made our own shirts, and used the UFO Club Underground logo, great psychedelic effect!

That's it for now, will keep an eye on this poll and comments, succes !

fatoldpig
2008-10-16, 08:32 PM
like the 5 man & flying pig. what's the t-shirt style like? can we have the 60-70's style like shorter sleeve lenght, snug fit with shorter overall length. that'd be perfect for me.
always liked the DSOTM official LP band poster (UK version)

TobyTiger
2008-10-16, 08:46 PM
For what it's worth - I like the black T DSOTM take off. I don't see why you couldn't use it.

Also - I agree with previous posters - you shouldn't advertise the web address - the name is one thing but the actual address can attract the "wrong" people.

tjmack
2008-10-16, 11:34 PM
For what it's worth - I like the black T DSOTM take off. I don't see why you couldn't use it.

Also - I agree with previous posters - you shouldn't advertise the web address - the name is one thing but the actual address can attract the "wrong" people.

We are going with these designs for now - with the url.

The "wrong" people as you call them are already aware of the site, I'm sure.

T.

Novak
2008-10-17, 04:25 PM
Has the vote ended?? Has the design/s been decided? Can we order yet???

As far as I can see, any of the designs would be excellent. As far as I can see, the 'wrong' people know where here. As far as I can see, everything is as it should be.

Now... can I buy a shirt yet???

:) Cheers, Novak :)

razorboy
2008-12-11, 08:39 PM
i've been away, but i'd love to buy a shirt - are we still able to?

thanks,
john

tjmack
2008-12-12, 11:25 PM
Not now. Early next year perhaps.

T.

mlandry
2008-12-13, 12:13 PM
that would be great. I missed my chance . wanted 2 or 3.