PDA

View Full Version : Is there a live footage of "The Man & The Journey"?

roblov
2006-11-06, 01:53 AM
Hi. This is my first post on this site. I have downloaded the "Complete Concertgebouw" from 1969 from The Traders' Den recently and, since i liked it so much, i began to ask myself if there was some live footage of it.

Well, that's the point of this thread.

Happy to be here,

Greetings from Argentina. :)

ResiAlien
2006-11-06, 03:44 AM
Yes/No. There's this:

http://www.harvested.org/DVD008/

It's rehearsal footage from one of the Man and The Journey shows. Officially sanctioned, professionally recorded. But the venue kicked the guy out before the actual show cause the band and the photographer didn't go through the "proper channels" before hand. Or so said the venue owner. That guy's gone down in history as the biggest douchebag ever... well, in my mind anyways. ;) The rehearsal footage is great, but no actual footage of the concert itself exists... at least none that has yet surfaced.

By the by, that DVD is on the tracker somewhere. Do a search and you shall find. :)

roblov
2006-11-06, 12:06 PM
Thanks for the information. It's a pity that there's no footage of the show itself. Another thing: what do you mean by "douchebag"? i have never heard that word.

In my previous post i forgot to ask something else that was on my mind: is there some live footage of a show where Pink Floyd uses the "Azimuth Coordinator"? i read about it and what it did, which made me interested in seeing a video of the band using it.

Thanks for your reply.

GroovingPict
2006-11-06, 04:32 PM
Thanks for the information. It's a pity that there's no footage of the show itself. Another thing: what do you mean by "douchebag"? i have never heard that word.

In my previous post i forgot to ask something else that was on my mind: is there some live footage of a show where Pink Floyd uses the "Azimuth Coordinator"? i read about it and what it did, which made me interested in seeing a video of the band using it.

Thanks for your reply.

On the "A Hamburg Moment" dvd you can see Rick explaining how the Azimuth works, and also you see him operate it, briefly, in concert. Not sure if you see it on other videos.. perhaps the San Tropez concert, though I dont remember seeing it. Anyway, the Hamburg Moment thing is just over 800mb so shouldnt take too long to grab.

Cheers,
Tor

roblov
2006-11-06, 05:56 PM
Thanks for the information, GroovingPict. I'll try to get the videos you suggest after i'm done with my current PF download. It's "Divided We Fall" and it's pretty big (8 GB.)

Greetings.

goldenband
2006-11-06, 08:11 PM
But the venue kicked the guy out before the actual show cause the band and the photographer didn't go through the "proper channels" before hand. Or so said the venue owner. That guy's gone down in history as the biggest douchebag ever... well, in my mind anyways. ;) The rehearsal footage is great, but no actual footage of the concert itself exists... at least none that has yet surfaced.

From the sound of it, the guy was kicked out halfway through the show, during the tail end of "Nightmare"...so maybe some footage of the first half was indeed shot? I seem to recall reading something to that effect on the Harvested list.

ResiAlien
2006-11-06, 09:29 PM

I was just being vulgar... but if you must know:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Douchebag

roblov
2006-11-06, 10:35 PM
I thought so but i wanted to check. Maybe he didn't consider PF such an important band at that time and that is why he did not follow the right steps to get fully authorized to film the show. Such a pity...

Thanks.