PDA

View Full Version : we ..are..watching you!!

Pottel
01-23-2009, 12:16 AM
this is scary..
"Just one day after George W. Bush left office, an NSA whistleblower has revealed that the National Security Agency's warrantless surveillance program targeted U.S. journalists, and vacuumed in all domestic communications of Americans, including, faxes, phone calls and network traffic.

Russell Tice, a former NSA analyst, spoke on Wednesday to MSNBC host Keith Olbermann. Tice has acknowledged in the past being one of the anonymous sources that spoke with The New York Times for its 2005 story on the government's warrantless wiretapping program.

After that story was published, President Bush said in a statement that only people in the United States who were talking with terrorists overseas would have been targeted for surveillance.

But Tice says, in truth, the spying involved a dragnet of all communications, confirming what critics have long assumed.

"The National Security Agency had access to all Americans' communications," he said. "Faxes, phone calls and their computer communications. ... They monitored all communications."

Tice said the NSA analyzed metadata to determine which communication would be collected. Offering a hypothetical example, he said if the agency determined that terrorists communicate in brief, two-minute phone calls, the NSA might program its systems to record all such calls, invading the privacy of anyone prone to telephonic succinctness.

Tice was involved in only a small part of the project, that involved trying to "harpoon fish from an airplane."

He said he was told to monitor certain groups in order to eliminate them as suspects for more intense targeting. Those groups, he said, were U.S. journalists and news agencies. But rather than excluding the news organizations from monitoring, he discovered that the NSA was collecting the organizations' communications 24 hours a day year round.

"It made no sense," he said.

Tice did not identify the reporters or organizations allegedly targeted.

Olbermann asked if this means there's a file somewhere containing every e-mail and phone conversation these reporters ever had with sources, editors and family members.

"If it was involved in this specific avenue of collection, it would be everything, yes." Tice answered."

echoes007
01-23-2009, 12:31 AM
as if I am not paranoid enough...looks around...psss I heard moonwall was a spy in R/T... chuckles j/k moon:cheers:

andy_672
01-23-2009, 12:40 AM
Don't be surprised this has been going on in the UK for at least 25yrs under project "Tinkerbell" brought in by good old Maggy Thatcher with the help of the CIA hell our phone system is an antique so somebody needed to help,probably got it for allowing the yanks to base bombers & cruise missiles here,its a bit of an open secret realy,its based in an office in Newbury,Berkshire. Mostly probably brought about by home terrorism from the IRA

It wouldn't surprise me if half of europe wasn't at it aswell,Spain has problems with ETA,Germany boarders eastern europe & the USSR were certainly at it

Watch out big brother is watching !!!

So to the big brother op who's reading my post :finger:

andy_672
01-23-2009, 12:41 AM
as if I am not paranoid enough...looks around...psss I heard moonwall was a spy in R/T... chuckles j/k moon:cheers:

Then lay off the acid before you go the same way as Syd

oldpink
01-23-2009, 12:55 AM
Uh, I know this will get me flamed in some areas, but I have to first look at the source, then I look at the guy he is talking to.
Keith Olberman is a truly deranged individual, little better than a left-wing version of Ann Coulter on a bad day.
IOW, I think the feds have too many more important things to worry about than what gossip is going around between ordinary shmoes such as myself.
This Tice guy also is one of those who think that calls to satellite phone calls to remote areas of Afghanistan and Pakistan are just perfectly innocent.
I now await the flames.
:(:shut:

echoes007
01-23-2009, 01:33 AM
Then lay off the acid before you go the same way as Syd

look just because the room is melting and my cat is speaking perfect english to me doesn't mean ....ummmm...what the hell was I going to say? j/k :):cheers:

Doinker
01-23-2009, 02:03 AM
Uh, I know this will get me flamed in some areas, but I have to first look at the source, then I look at the guy he is talking to.
Keith Olberman is a truly deranged individual, little better than a left-wing version of Ann Coulter on a bad day.
IOW, I think the feds have too many more important things to worry about than what gossip is going around between ordinary shmoes such as myself.
This Tice guy also is one of those who think that calls to satellite phone calls to remote areas of Afghanistan and Pakistan are just perfectly innocent.
I now await the flames.
:(:shut:

Keith Olberman to me is what Rush Limbaugh is to others... a juvenile blowhard with too big a following. Come to think of it, they both need toilet training.

Olly37
01-24-2009, 01:53 AM
Come to think of it, they both need toilet training.

Now thats a quote I like.:)

Consider it used in work next week.

Cheers,:cheers:
Olly.

Verdi999
01-24-2009, 05:32 PM
I now await the flames.

Well, there is nothing wrong with left-wing! Or is Senator McCarthy still blaming the communists for everything spirit form :p

And they could be innocent, not everybody in a far east country is a terrorist you know! This is why we should all be atheists.

Btw, those weren't flames, just pointing stuff out.

Doinker
01-24-2009, 05:43 PM
Well, there is nothing wrong with left-wing! Or is Senator McCarthy still blaming the communists for everything spirit form :p

And they could be innocent, not everybody in a far east country is a terrorist you know! This is why we should all be atheists.
And you know, Granny DOES fly on a broomstick... at least I think she does.

No, nothing wrong with being of any particular political persuasion...

until:

You start spending MY money.

What??!!:p You don't have a secret stash of your own? :D

radiowaves
01-24-2009, 06:03 PM
Good ol' George W. He never lets you down. Nixon got done for the Watergate burglary, and what will happen to W.? Pappy will probably bail him out again :D