PDA

View Full Version : Mark Knopfler - Get Lucky Album & Tour

MKnopfler
09-15-2009, 12:52 PM
WOO HOO !! :drool: :worthy: :D :cheers:

I got my tickets to see Mark in Washington D.C. on may 2nd.

Anyone else going to see him ?? What do you think of the new album ??

Pottel
09-15-2009, 08:53 PM
lol, got me the 80€ deluxe box, and got tickets (for now, as not all the shows have been announced yet, no french, no german or swiss shows etc..)
Brighton, Bournemouth, 6 nights at the Royal Albert hall, Antwerp, Amsterdam.
will do most if not all german shows...
the album is FAR better then the former one.
went to see him play at the Prince's Trust 40th anniversary gig, where he played with his promo band. and guess who was sitting like 3 feet next to me in front row, shaking his head to the music all night??
yep, Pete mofo Townsend!!
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x293/Pottel1/09092009124.jpg

IamARWfan
09-16-2009, 01:57 AM
$145 plus fees...pretty salty

Pottel
09-16-2009, 07:52 PM
that is the incredible us price.
in europe prices are in general around 50 euro.
just added a second amsterdam show :-)

RonToon
09-16-2009, 09:48 PM
Who is Mark Knopfler? :D

Pottel
09-17-2009, 06:23 AM
lost for words. ask dave, he came to see him at the RAH and found it necesarry to stay for the aftershow last year at the RAH:cheers:

RonToon
09-17-2009, 06:29 AM
lost for words. ask dave, he came to see him at the RAH and found it necesarry to stay for the aftershow last year at the RAH:cheers:

Well you of all folks know I'm kidding. ;)
Trying to convince the wife to let me buy pre-sale tickets tomorrow since we passed on him the last time he was in town... and the Chicago Theater is quite an exquisite venue as well. :drool:

DPTRON
09-17-2009, 10:52 AM
WOO HOO !! :drool: :worthy: :D :cheers:

I got my tickets to see Mark in Washington D.C. on may 2nd.

??

Gotta pry, I moved away from DC 2 years and 7 days ago,,,, what area are you from...... I miss DC, California sucks.

MKnopfler
09-17-2009, 05:24 PM
Gotta pry, I moved away from DC 2 years and 7 days ago,,,, what area are you from...... I miss DC, California sucks.

lol, I live on Siesta Key in Florida. he's not coming anywhere remotely close on this tour so off I go to Washington to see Mark and the Smithsonian Institution.

oh, by the way - pottel you are one lucky b@$!@&*d to see so many shows !!

Pottel
09-17-2009, 06:15 PM
lol, I live on Siesta Key in Florida. he's not coming anywhere remotely close on this tour so off I go to Washington to see Mark and the Smithsonian Institution.

oh, by the way - pottel you are one lucky b@$!@&*d to see so many shows !!
lol, and that's not counting the german shows that have not been announced yet.
or any future promo shows.

MKnopfler
09-18-2009, 01:26 AM
lol, and that's not counting the german shows that have not been announced yet.
or any future promo shows.

Pottel, have you bought tickets through Mark's fan club website before ??

I'm hoping to get a really good seat this time around, Ive never had a seat closer than half way to the stage at any of Mark's shows.

Pottel
09-18-2009, 12:40 PM
Pottel, have you bought tickets through Mark's fan club website before ??

I'm hoping to get a really good seat this time around, Ive never had a seat closer than half way to the stage at any of Mark's shows.
yep. all of them.
last time around i got good seats.
the only problem is, you can only book (up to 4 ) tickets in a certain area, which you can be sure of is a great seating position, but you cannot actually select a specific seat.
in the RAH 6 shows i got all nights from row 1 to row 7 in the arena, thus awesome seats.

MKnopfler
09-20-2009, 04:37 AM
I bought my tickets within 30 seconds of the sale starting. Better be pretty good seats.:worthy::worthy::worthy: