PDA

View Full Version : Live at Pompeii speed corrected?

groovechapel
12-08-2009, 03:03 AM
Gentlemen,
Does anyone have, or know of, a speed-corrected version of the Live at Pompeii tracks (so that they are at standard pitch--which they aren't in the film version)? I realize that a commercial recording can't be posted on Yeeshkul!, but I wonder where I might find such a download?
Many thanks,
GC

goldenband
12-08-2009, 05:16 AM
There was a Harvested release taken from laserdisc that fits the bill exactly, but I don't think it can be shared here anymore. You might ask on the Harvested Yahoogroup. I think the official DVD uses Dolby Digital and not PCM, so that's another plus to the SC version.

floydfan2410
12-08-2009, 12:41 PM
My DVD of Pompeii has correct speed. It's PAL region 2

groovechapel
12-10-2009, 06:12 AM
Floydfan2410-- my Directors Cut DVD (purchased in the US) is not to pitch (as is the same for the original VHS and film) Not surprised that they wouldn't change the speed so as to retain the original form. For example, Careful is in D minor and is nearly a half step (semitone) higher --in E flat. So, the tracks would need to be extracted and then the speed adjusted (slowed) to actually be at standard pitch. This would thereby put the track at the actual speed they were performed, too. So, still hoping someone has done this. If not, it may be my task to take on.
Thanks.

goa
12-10-2009, 11:23 AM
man,...search in the main PF related area of the forum...there is a thread devoted to this issue.
Read it carefully.

groovechapel
12-12-2009, 06:02 PM
Got it. Great discussion. (I see you started the thread) Favorite comment: "Maybe we're all running slow?" I am now in search of the Harvested CD.
Cheers.