PDA

View Full Version : Scorpio/bootleggers in general complaining...

Pottel
01-07-2010, 12:50 PM
http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2010/01/cd_bootleg_going_out_of_busine.html (http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2010/01/cd_bootleg_going_out_of_busine.html)

funny, a bootlegger complaining about fans like us sharing for free,...
http://www.amarkintime.org/forum/Themes/FerryTemav2_114/images/icons/modify_inline.gif

oldpink
01-07-2010, 02:17 PM
Pfffffffffft!
Lameass, Scorpio is thy name.
:finger:

danlynch
01-09-2010, 06:39 AM
Amazing, finally someone in the comment pointed out the obvious. "Scorpio" was taking stuff that real fans were trading for free, packaged it up and sold it. Scumbag indeed.
Also not mentioned is the flip side. These days the internet is making it incredibly easy for the bootleggers to grab the best live recordings, package them up and sell them. The worst is that bottomfeeder "Crystal Cat", who downloads all the Springsteen and Dylan stuff and then sells it to idiots who already downloaded it for free. Seriously. You should hear Springsteen fans defend this jerkoff.

dougprit
01-09-2010, 09:09 AM
BOOTLEGGER GOES BUST "OH DEAR, HOW SAD. NEVER MIND."

nadiar
01-09-2010, 11:09 AM
I stumbled across a site called ww.ioffer.com. It sells more bootlegs than official stuff. Certainly if you type in Pink Floyd in the search. Its wrong That these people can download the hard work of members then sell it to make a profit. Its good to see the ones that made alot of money from it are hitting hard times. I am amazed that he is complaing though, after years of letting someone else do the work and he made the money.

RonToon
01-09-2010, 03:07 PM
I still see tons of new bootleg vinyl at Hip Cat records (just outside of Chicago), some of which are taken from HRV releases.

wromanus
01-09-2010, 03:23 PM
I still see tons of new bootleg vinyl at Hip Cat records (just outside of Chicago), some of which are taken from HRV releases.
He won’t say how much he made during his peak years (and record stores who still carry them decline comment, not surprisingly). But by the nineties, he was selling as many as 10,000 copies of “hits” like a Misfits collection. He earned enough to quit his day job (“restaurant delivery and bars”) and live full time off his side vocation. “I made what a good used car salesman might make,” he says. “I could afford to go overseas and stay in a decent hotel. It was a reasonable business for a while.” :finger:

Hey Ron, shall I book 7 days for you and MOB at the Grand Hotel here in ROMA? :D

Olly37
01-10-2010, 12:49 PM
Interesting read - I'm really gutted for Scorpio who now has to do a daily job like everyone else. Whats the world coming to. Bless him.;)

I particularly like this quote “It got hard to distinguish the real product from the knockoffs,” he gripes. “There are a lot of lowlifes and scumbags in this business”. Who's he referring to. Surely not himself.:D

May he rot with the rotting bank balance!

Peace,
Olly.

funeral
01-16-2010, 04:32 PM

I saw the same thing at Vintage Vinyl in Evanston this past weekend. I used to go to VV all the time in the 80's/90's to buy imports of European noise. When folks could pick up the imports for much less online, the stores stopped carrying as much of a selection. While I miss the fun of browsing stacks of records (and books) at stores in Evanston and Chicago, I enjoy the access to much more stuff that the internet has provided.

What really amazed me at VV was the bootlegs; they had to have over a 100 Floyd and Zep bootlegs priced between $20 and $200 :shut: I was laughing, because I did not see anything I didn't have that was readily available at Yeeshkul, Dime, Zomb or Tapecity. I can't believe people pay so much for this stuff.

Share the groove!