PDA

View Full Version : Any Musically Talented Yeeshkulions Out There?!

josh8085
2010-01-30, 01:08 PM
Does anyone else feel the way I do in that it's nice to hear Floyd & Roger tributes especially when done inspirationly as opposed to a spot on copy.Now I've heard the Great Bill Ludwig howzabout any others out there with the talent putting their material on site, I for one would download and reseed!Hopefully Josh!

tenordude12
2010-02-11, 07:55 PM
Hey, man. I totally agree... I wish/hope bill could get into a studio or a nice little home studio and remake his remake of the wall. I'd be nice to have a studio like recording of that.

But I've also seen a few people dark side of the moon totally acoustic and some came out really nice but I can't seem to find any good high quality versions anywhere.

But as for me, I'm a musician and I've tryed to countless covers of floyd. I've also taken the Hal Leonard backing track cd from the dark side of the moon tableture book and used the demo tracks for me to sing along too. Im currently recording them and doing all the vocal layering myself. I'm think about putting those up on youtube with the appropriate screen film for each song.

I don't know if anyone would be interested in hearing my vocal take on it but hopefully I'll get them up soon.
I've also got a version of "Green Is The Colour" that my band did at one of our gigs. I matrixed audio from 2 of the cameras filming it.
Once again don't if anyone's interest but let me know.

I can't wait to share some of this with you guys and can't wait to hear what you guys have to offer

Peace and Love
-Tenordude12

Arnold_Layne
2010-02-12, 01:45 AM
I play bass guitar, but I don't know how talented you would consider me to be. It's just one of my many "strange hobbies".

A_L

djaspuhr
2010-02-12, 02:11 AM
I play bass guitar, but I don't know how talented you would consider me to be. It's just one of my many "strange hobbies".

A_L

Playing bass, strange hobby???? Hey, i did it for a living for awhile...but i guess i have to call it a hobby now. ok and maybe i am just a little strange...in my latest band i play the stand-up and sing "Effervescing Elephant"....one of our few covers.

Yannad
2010-02-12, 11:18 AM
I play the guitar and love to do some gilmour episodes, but i don't think is that good.....I enjoy it, and that the most important.

tenordude12
2010-02-12, 08:48 PM

A_L

I'm a bass player too. It's definitely not strange... it's just not the first instrument most people think they'd like to play. Now a is a sitar strange hobby, lol

Orgone Accumulator
2010-02-13, 04:13 AM
I play bass/guitar/violin/viola/piano. I have a cover of Set the Controls in the works.

pinkfloyd77
2010-02-13, 03:52 PM
I play guitar and I sing. Occasionally I do some keyboards.

Here you can hear a cover of Cymbaline.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV7sv56MCPg

Personnel:

Artur: guitars, keyboards, vocals
Samuel (mulotwo): drums
Mateusz (matipatros): bass guitar, vocals

earwax
2010-02-13, 07:19 PM
I do some acoustic covers of Floyd tunes. Set the Controls works good, as does Have a Cigar, Fearless, Paranoid Eyes...

s6270
2010-02-14, 12:33 AM
I've been told I played a mean guitar, however, I find my always-strangely-tuned 12-string to be quite kind to me. :)

If anyone wants me to, I could record some Floyd covers.

jx92s
2010-02-14, 12:54 AM
I have some guitars, they make noise ...and none of it sounds anything like Pink Floyd.

josh8085
2010-02-14, 05:09 PM
YES YES YES to all the above Please! I for one would Love to hear different interpretations of Floyd & Roger's work! I'm sure there's loads more out there that feel the way I do.:drool:

Drwomb
2010-02-17, 08:12 AM
I am working on a recording of The Gunner's Dream, but in the style that was done during the latter part of the Pros and Cons tour post-clapton (i.e., with the Andy Fairweather Low guitar solo).

josh8085
2010-02-17, 10:20 AM
No longer a question! There are! PinkFloyd 77's cover of Cymbaline on youtube knocked me out, sounds like a young Gilmour. Keep them coming Please!

pinkfloyd77
2010-02-26, 11:46 AM
Here is a cover of Childhood's End

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQvzM3mJPVQ

Personnel:

Artur: guitars, keyboards, vocals
Samuel (mulotwo): drums
Mateusz (matipatros): bass guitar

pinkfloyd77
2010-02-26, 11:49 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8y-F64YqsBk

The same musicians :)

josh8085
2010-02-26, 04:42 PM
Pink Floyd 77! You are the Man! Sorry and the other two guys. Childhood's End and especially Where we Start are both Brilliant! Had to listen again to the latter as I thought you'd actually just put a live David Gilmour version up. More More YEESHKUL!:drool:

pinkfloyd77
2010-02-26, 05:56 PM
Here is the Island Jam

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZYZqle5OCo