PDA

View Full Version : astronomy domine intro sound efx

mydisease
06-01-2010, 02:03 AM
did the sound effects for the intro of AD from the album ever surface besides whats on the album?

Orgone Accumulator
06-04-2010, 10:23 AM
Not that I know of. It seems unlikely as I don't think anything off Piper has surfaced unofficially.

As far as I know it is Peter Jenner shouting space words/themes through a megaphone. I think this is multitracked. I did read that it took a whole session just to record that sound effect due to some beurocracy or something.

psychedelicpiper
07-22-2010, 09:56 AM
The version on BBC's Look of the Week had a pre-recorded intro but obviously different from the album version.

psychedelicpiper
07-22-2010, 09:58 AM
Not that I know of. It seems unlikely as I don't think anything off Piper has surfaced unofficially.

As far as I know it is Peter Jenner shouting space words/themes through a megaphone. I think this is multitracked. I did read that it took a whole session just to record that sound effect due to some beurocracy or something.

Bits from "Piper" sourced from a Capitol Radio broadcast have appeared on bootlegs.

Orgone Accumulator
07-23-2010, 08:59 PM
The version on BBC's Look of the Week had a pre-recorded intro but obviously different from the album version.

I don't think it is pre-recorded on that gig no. Peter Jenner used to say he had to shout stuff through a megaphone at Floyd Gigs for AD as well. Probably the same for look of the Week, with him offset.

psychedelicpiper
07-24-2010, 07:44 AM
I don't think it is pre-recorded on that gig no. Peter Jenner used to say he had to shout stuff through a megaphone at Floyd Gigs for AD as well. Probably the same for look of the Week, with him offset.

Ah, I never knew that. Rick and Nick probably joined up with him offset, in that case, while Roger and Syd did their interview.

The Copenhagen show didn't have the megaphone intro, though, although I don't doubt he couldn't have made it to all of their shows.