PDA

View Full Version : I'm losing it...

ResiAlien
2007-02-01, 06:24 PM
My roommate blasts hip-hop 24/7. No concern for headphones. I'm losing my mind, dammit. I've gotta put a stop to this... anyone? Ideas?

tjmack
2007-02-01, 06:45 PM
Buy bigger speakers.

ResiAlien
2007-02-01, 06:56 PM
They're pretty big already...

Last semester my last roommate (who I swear listened to Mariah Carey) typically wore headphones so I was in the clear. Still I used to war with the near-by rooms who thought it was cool to throw parties at midnight every Thursday. When that happened I'd drown the whole floor out with the craziest progressive/experimental music I could get my hands on.

But this semester the blasting is coming from within my room itself... and the problem is how to get my roommate to stop pissing me off....without pissing him off. Ergh. Frustrating.

Anyone else have college dorm music horror stories?

ResiAlien
2007-02-01, 07:05 PM
Oh, on a similar note... the shared playlists in iTunes on my dorm network.... hilarious. I suggest perusing them to anyone who lives on a shared internet network like in a dorm or Apartment. I like especially the playlists that proclaim to be "the best of Tower A." Everyone's playlist I've yet perused has looked shockingly similar. An "eclectic" collection of everything from 3 Doors Down to 50 Cent. Kelly Clarkson to Taking Back Sunday. Someone even had a song by Patrick Swayze. I think my stumbling on that was roughly the same time as my losing all hope in humanity.

These lists are good for laughs at least.

PinkFloyd
2007-02-01, 08:39 PM
Anyone else have college dorm music horror stories?

How about consistently coming back to a locked door and some interesting sounds. ;)

ResiAlien
2007-02-01, 09:40 PM
How about consistently coming back to a locked door and some interesting sounds. ;)

My roommate just attempted to kick me out for two days so he could screw his girlfriend. He actually had the audacity to ask me to find an alternate place to stay for two days. I told him hell no.

PinkFloyd
2007-02-01, 09:47 PM
My roommate just attempted to kick me out for two days so he could screw his girlfriend. He actually had the audacity to ask me to find an alternate place to stay for two days. I told him hell no.

ouch....I would have done the same. :cool:

beeerlover
2007-02-01, 10:13 PM
My roommate blasts hip-hop 24/7. No concern for headphones. I'm losing my mind, dammit. I've gotta put a stop to this... anyone? Ideas?

setup a webcam as motion detector,
when you are away have it activate the pc to some rude (http://www.audiosparx.com/sa/archive/People/Burp-sounds/beer-pouring-sound-with-a-big-burp/3619) noises (http://www.audiosparx.com/sa/archive/People/Fart-and-farting-sounds/BIG-FART-COLLECTION/237571):confused:

ResiAlien
2007-02-02, 01:17 AM
Anyone here like Mike Patton? Heard his Noise Album, Adult Themes for Voice? It's a very handy tool. I just used it to win a noise pollution battle with the guys next door. Blasting hip hop with their door open... I started blasting structureless noise LOUDER with mine open. They were blasting their's for a good 15 minutes... I had mine on for no more than 2 before I had someone come over and complain. Their music went down a few moments later... I out-noised them. :D Score one for me.

Pottel
2007-02-02, 09:40 AM
try the Lou reed feedback album he made in the 80ies or seventies, forgot the name of it, but is apparantly unbearable!

ResiAlien
2007-02-03, 06:19 PM
try the Lou reed feedback album he made in the 80ies or seventies, forgot the name of it, but is apparantly unbearable!

Metal Machine Music. Just picked it up. Interesting disc... and sure to piss off rap-blasters. Thanks for the suggestion.

Wizard of Odd
2007-02-04, 04:29 AM

that, or the Neil Young and Crazy Horse "Arc" album, the all feedback companion

piece with the live "Weld" album.