PDA

View Full Version : Roger`s Wall

ManFree
10-09-2010, 10:09 AM
First let me say I am not a great Fan of "The Man Who Broke Up The Floyd" but I feel I should give this latest Build of The Wall a listen. My question is Which One to download? I guess the Performances are all very similar, so it`s down to Recording, Balance and Ambiance. I would appreciate any input you guys can give as to which one to grab. I realise that an audio tape looses the Spectacle of the show, an important part of The Wall (I enjoyed seeing it Live, back in the day, but Never play the album) but persuade me, Guys ;)

Supper
10-09-2010, 09:31 PM
So far the ones I like the best are, in no particular order: 9-15 1st night, 9-20 DPA or Schoeps source, 9-21 Schoeps, 9-24 DPA4061, or any of the 10/5 and 10/6 New York versions.

radiowaves
10-09-2010, 10:07 PM
First let me say I am not a great Fan of "The Man Who Broke Up The Floyd" but I feel I should give this latest Build of The Wall a listen. My question is Which One to download? I guess the Performances are all very similar, so it`s down to Recording, Balance and Ambiance. I would appreciate any input you guys can give as to which one to grab. I realise that an audio tape looses the Spectacle of the show, an important part of The Wall (I enjoyed seeing it Live, back in the day, but Never play the album) but persuade me, Guys ;)

Wherever you are, buy a ticket for the show and record it for Y. Being a non-Roger fan would make you prick up your ears, open your eyes, and jump for joy :D

Olly37
10-11-2010, 12:26 AM
My question is Which One to download? I guess the Performances are all very similar, so it`s down to Recording, Balance and Ambiance. I would appreciate any input you guys can give as to which one to grab.

So far the ones I like the best are, in no particular order: 9-15 1st night, 9-20 DPA or Schoeps source, 9-21 Schoeps, 9-24 DPA4061, or any of the 10/5 and 10/6 New York versions.

Yep, nice choices. Perhaps continual updates of the better ones is a good idea.

I myself have not downloaded every one as I'm trying not to listen to it much before actually seeing it (I'm not d/l any DVD as that would fully ruin it) but the audio is not a problem as you know what you're getting beofre you go so I trying to pick only good shows in the interim.

I'll have my full purge at the end of the tour.

Peace,
Olly.