PDA

View Full Version : PF Mother's 1969 Tapes

moc622
2007-02-18, 12:05 AM
I guess it was about 1 and 1/2 years ago when I saw the site http://www.rarepf.com/data/info.asp and I am sure most if not all of you have seen or heard about this. Is there any news on this? I just wanted to know if anyone knows the story on this and what if anything has happened to these tapes in the past 18 months.

danlynch
2007-02-22, 08:46 PM
The guy was basically trying to make as much money from them as possible. From what's now posted at the site, it seems that he is responding rather negatively to the suggestion in emails he received that the Floyd roio community will not stand for someone selling roio.

moc622
2007-02-24, 08:08 AM
that is ashame. I had the download somewhere which is about 1 minute from Astronomy Domine. It also had the beginning introduction from John Peel. I know that there was a lost tape that had a version of Interstellar Overdrive that Peel raved about. I think that may be mentioned in In the Flesh. I don't know...for something like that I'd be willing to donate a few bucks to get it "out of jail".

karmamania
2007-02-24, 11:11 AM
A few years ago when PF Archeological put out Mind Your Throats Please and also the early VHS copy of 69 rehearsals. THEY REFUSED TO TORRENT THESE!!!

THEY ENSURED THEY HAD SOLD AT LEAST TEN COPIES to recoup some money BEFORE TORRENTING!!!

I have old tapes that I cannot afford to work on, and unless someone else has the facilities (i.e. they have ALREADY paid money) even my old 1st gen tapes will not see the light of day.

IF EVERYTHING WAS FREE there would be NO DONATE icon on this very page!

OF COURSE I WANT these early recordings, just listen to John Peel's intro, fantastic.

Not everyone is made of money, and you can't eat dress or sleep in music.

Monetary Priorities mean old PF like this will stay where it is UNLESS this whole I WANT IT FREE AND I WANT IT NOW mentality passes.:(

lvrwm
2007-02-24, 12:09 PM
I visited the rarepf site, gave my e-mail address to find out more information, and listened to the 90 second snippet. Sounds very good. My question is how would one get a hold of these recordings? He offers them, but doesn't indicated what the price is, or how to go about buying copies. (Maybe he will contact thru the e-mail address left to him?) As I'm sure many of us would be willing to pay (and have paid for boots, roio's), it would be cool to be able to get these "rare" recordings.

As karmamania mentioned, not everything is free ;-)

moc622
2007-02-25, 06:15 AM
I certainly agree with karmamania's comments. I don't know if any of you remember the DFP (not DFA)--digital floyd project from about 9 or 10 years ago. I can't seem to recall the guy's name (maybe he is on the list here?) but he provided cdr with cases and artwork etc at basically cost and at the time he had stuff that was new for a lot of people. I think he probably quit b/c he became overwhelmed. Of course at the other extreme if the guy who has these tapes is holding out for some astronomical amount that isn't really right either. I just have never heard from anyone out there if he has indeed listed a price.

danlynch
2007-02-25, 06:44 AM
"PF Archeological" did NOT torrent Mind Your Throats. It was torrented after purchase by a member of the Y who bought it, and sought others' advice about how to extract it and start the torrent. It created quite the temper tantrum on the part of the profiteers.

And I have quite a different viewpoints about the distribution of "old tapes" from you. If you have these "old tapes" that you can't afford to work on, there are many volunteers at this site and in the PRS and IFWT hubs who have the means, the equipment, the knowledge, and the dedication to do it for free. There's no shortage of dedicated volunteers.

The donate icon on this page is completely irrelevant to the issue of people holding tapes so that they can make a profit from the tapes. Access to this server has a hefty monthly fee that tj carried long enough. Now that fee is paid by the members as a whole.

A few years ago when PF Archeological put out Mind Your Throats Please and also the early VHS copy of 69 rehearsals. THEY REFUSED TO TORRENT THESE!!!

THEY ENSURED THEY HAD SOLD AT LEAST TEN COPIES to recoup some money BEFORE TORRENTING!!!

I have old tapes that I cannot afford to work on, and unless someone else has the facilities (i.e. they have ALREADY paid money) even my old 1st gen tapes will not see the light of day.

IF EVERYTHING WAS FREE there would be NO DONATE icon on this very page!

OF COURSE I WANT these early recordings, just listen to John Peel's intro, fantastic.

Not everyone is made of money, and you can't eat dress or sleep in music.

Monetary Priorities mean old PF like this will stay where it is UNLESS this whole I WANT IT FREE AND I WANT IT NOW mentality passes.:(

karmamania
2007-02-26, 01:46 AM
"PF Archeological" did NOT torrent Mind Your Throats. It was torrented after purchase by a member of the Y who bought it, and sought others' advice about how to extract it and start the torrent. It created quite the temper tantrum on the part of the profiteers.

Of Course it did as they spent big money on transfers

And I have quite a different viewpoints about the distribution of "old tapes" from you. If you have these "old tapes" that you can't afford to work on, there are many volunteers at this site and in the PRS and IFWT hubs who have the means, the equipment, the knowledge, and the dedication to do it for free. There's no shortage of dedicated volunteers.

I HAVE CONTACTED A MEMBER WHO HAS A RECORDING STUDIO AND WILL BE SENDING 1 REEL and 2 Cassettes for him to work onFOR FREE. Once Again though I POINT OUT THAT TO ACQUIRE the means, the equipment, the knowledge, and the dedication to do it for free ALL COSTS MONEY!!!!!!!!!!! EVEN IF IT WAS A PAST INVESTMENT!

I have already released some old interviews but found that using a 4Track was best for speed correction, done at a distant (km's/miles) relatives place. I tried making PF June Laying The Embryo but ended up with a windows noise on it.

Prior to your reply I suggested to another member of thepinkfloyd.co.uk that he be sent my 1st Gen (taped from the taper at the taper's house on the taper's equipment) PF Melbourne Festival Hall 1971/08/13 - Paraskevidekatriaphobia Vs Pink Floyd - Fear of Friday the 13th Vs venturing into the darkness to witness the man who raves at the wall and knocks his Gong Over! So this will be proceeding!!

The donate icon on this page is completely irrelevant to the issue of people holding tapes so that they can make a profit from the tapes. Access to this server has a hefty monthly fee that tj carried long enough. Now that fee is paid by the members as a whole.

I used the donate icon to show that nothing is free and well understand that these sites are not free to run and so by all members sharing as a whole perhaps the MOTHERS TAPES WILL COME OUT? YOU KNOW WE COULD HAVE OFFERED A MAJOR B&P TO SWAP WITH THIS INDIVIDUAL??

"LIFE COULD BE A DREAM" Nick Mason's Movie, I have known only 1 person with this, but they are getting too old to do anything. I've never seen it. He Has it but it stays in the cupboard. It's too late to get this from HIM NOW.

I ask but No-one seems to have this, SO I wonder PEOPLE ARE HOLDING OUT ON OLD VHS even MORE SO than old AUDIO for perhaps anniversary dates or that it just does take a WHOLE LOT OF TIME to prepare transfer research compile create artwork etc.

Grab What You Can With Both Hands

creamcheese
2007-08-27, 09:57 AM
Now one question:
Did anyone of you ever receive an email from this guy?

I think we are all interested in this material, so why not do it like those Genesis-Fans with the Shepperton-16mm-Reel?

A way to get this material would be to ask this guys what price one has to pay for the transferred multitrack- material, collect this amount of money, get it, mix it and share it, letting him die poor and unloved...

moc622
2007-08-27, 10:50 PM
Now one question:
Did anyone of you ever receive an email from this guy?

I think we are all interested in this material, so why not do it like those Genesis-Fans with the Shepperton-16mm-Reel?

A way to get this material would be to ask this guys what price one has to pay for the transferred multitrack- material, collect this amount of money, get it, mix it and share it, letting him die poor and unloved...

If anyone has his personal email address good luck finding it. The site sends back an automated message from an address that does not accept emails. I have given up on this as much as I have given up on the Laughing Madcaps releasing the HYGIY vol. 1-2 version 2.0 (there was a lot of talk about the new stuff that would be on it from 2 years ago but nothing ever happened).

buffalofloyd
2007-08-28, 12:39 AM
Like Dan said, there is prolly 10-15 people I can think of off my head that would take this dude tapes or reels or whatever and transfer them for free, hell they would prolly pay the shipping both ways. Christ, A_L spent a fortune getting the reel machine and the tapes to release Omnipresent and I never heard him once ask for money or anything like that. This guy is just trying to make a quick buck, plain and simple. If he was a true fan he would just have them transferred and release them, or make trades for other rare Floyd material. If the guy isn't gonna release it for free or make some sort of trade deal I say **** him. He can't be the only one on the planet with this material, it will surface someday, I will put any amount of money on that. This part of his comments always made me laugh...

"If I get enough interest then this is what you will get. All of the four and eight track tapes on CD
plus there will be a bonus of all of the individual audio channels from the four and eight track
recordings on good quality mp3 so if you have the software that can play back more than two
audio tracks at once you can go and remix the recordings how you want."

MP3?!? Are you serious?

Jim

Arnold_Layne
2007-08-28, 01:52 AM
That's Omnipresent which was on Betcam SP. I purchased a Betacam SP deck just for that one tape. I also purchased a Umatic deck for the Amsterdam ASOS footage. Purchased the top of the line laserdisc player for the DSOT Defintive edition. Purchased a 2track reel to reel deck for the World Premier Broacast of The Division Bell. Just purchased a Nakamich Dragon cassette deck for use with transfering cassette masters. I have some DVD-A from discrete quad 8 track tape mixes of WYWH and AHM in the works, but my quad deck is going to get a complete overhaul before I start on that to ensure the best sound quality. That will cost me close to $300. I am no means a wealthy person, but this is a hobby I can afford at the moment and choose to do so. I ask for nothing in return other than people enjoy the fruits of my labor. Now not everyone is as fortunate as me to be able to afford to do all this and I am trying to start a video and audio transfer service on the to help me recoup the cost of all this gear.

I will openly offer my services to anyone who would like to have rare PF tapes transfered. I've helped out a few individuals from Y to get their uncirculated tapes to the masses. Old Dave, and Pottel are two I've helped recently. (Don't worry Dave, your precious original masters are on the way back to you.)

Like Dan said, there is prolly 10-15 people I can think of off my head that would take this dude tapes or reels or whatever and transfer them for free, hell they would prolly pay the shipping both ways. Christ, A_L spent a fortune getting the reel machine and the tapes to release Omnipotent and I never heard him once ask for money or anything like that. This guy is just trying to make a quick buck, plain and simple. If he was a true fan he would just have them transferred and release them, or make trades for other rare Floyd material. If the guy isn't gonna release it for free or make some sort of trade deal I say **** him. He can't be the only one on the planet with this material, it will surface someday, I will put any amount of money on that. This part of his comments always made me laugh...

"If I get enough interest then this is what you will get. All of the four and eight track tapes on CD
plus there will be a bonus of all of the individual audio channels from the four and eight track
recordings on good quality mp3 so if you have the software that can play back more than two
audio tracks at once you can go and remix the recordings how you want."

MP3?!? Are you serious?

Jim

SuperDude2111
2007-08-28, 02:27 AM
http://www.pinkroioshn.org/services.html

There you go to anyone that needs it!!!!

I have not seen anyone spend as much money on this as A_L as. It is simply amzing that they can spend this much money. Of course I can barely afford the freaking CDs to burn them on to. It is people like this that are important to me. Not some a-hole that says he has something and if you want it, to buy it!

goldenband
2007-08-28, 02:46 AM
Is the fellow behind rarepf.com named Paul? It may be possible for someone in the London area to contact him, since the postal address is visible in the /whois file for rarepf.com. I think it'd be worth it, personally, to have a fund drive to buy the original tapes from him. I know it's hard to swallow, given all the generosity that others have shown, but it may be the only way to keep these from vanishing into the ether.

After all, there've been so many things like this that have vanished -- the More 8-track reels, for example. Or things that the Floyd themselves have claimed, like the rest of the Royal Festival Hall footage or the master tapes of the 23-Jan-1970 show.

SuperDude2111
2007-08-28, 04:15 AM
Royal Festival Hall

Hold on, did I miss something. This wasn't taped due to the taper not getting the right permission forms. Pink Floyd themselves have announced this and you can hear it happening on the tape.

Back on subject. You are right, it would be a shame to have these lost forever. It is a difficult subject indeed...

goldenband
2007-08-28, 05:03 AM
[Warning: total OT about the Royal Festival Hall 1969 DVD.]

I'm not clear on the exact details, but from what I understand, at least some of the first set of the show was audiotaped, and may have been filmed too (?). I'm not sure if "The Journey" was audiotaped too, though it definitely wasn't filmed.

You can actually hear some of the audio from the concert on the RFH DVD...the last 5-6 minutes of audio is "Nightmare" from the concert, i.e. not rehearsals. (The visual/film content at this point is totally unrelated.) At the end of this, you can hear them throw the taper out. I remember reading that the audio guy "kept going" after the cameraman was thrown out, so there are two scenarios:

1) The cameraman was thrown out a few minutes into the show, and the audio guy was thrown out at the end of "The Man", which is what we're hearing on the DVD. This would mean that a complete VG+ source of "The Man" exists somewhere (e.g. in Pink Floyd's archives).

2) The cameraman was thrown out at the end of "The Man", which is what we're hearing on the DVD. The audio guy kept taping (all the way to the end of the show?). But then...how are we hearing the cameraman get thrown out? Did the camera have built-in audio to help them sync?

Well, I guess there's one more scenario:

3) Everyone got thrown out at the start. The audio guy snuck back in, and taped about five minutes of audio before getting thrown out again. The five or so minutes on the RFH DVD are all there is.

But #3 contradicts other things I've read, so hopefully it's not true.

(I suspect #1 is the most likely...which raises the tantalizing prospect of a VG+ recording of the very first performance of "The Man", including a pristine "Grantchester Meadows". Well, we can dream, right?)

hopthepond
2007-09-02, 02:01 PM
That's Omnipresent which was on Betcam SP. I purchased a Betacam SP deck just for that one tape. I also purchased a Umatic deck for the Amsterdam ASOS footage. Purchased the top of the line laserdisc player for the DSOT Defintive edition. Purchased a 2track reel to reel deck for the World Premier Broacast of The Division Bell. Just purchased a Nakamich Dragon cassette deck for use with transfering cassette masters. I have some DVD-A from discrete quad 8 track tape mixes of WYWH and AHM in the works, but my quad deck is going to get a complete overhaul before I start on that to ensure the best sound quality. That will cost me close to $300. I am no means a wealthy person, but this is a hobby I can afford at the moment and choose to do so. I ask for nothing in return other than people enjoy the fruits of my labor. Now not everyone is as fortunate as me to be able to afford to do all this and I am trying to start a video and audio transfer service on the to help me recoup the cost of all this gear.

I will openly offer my services to anyone who would like to have rare PF tapes transfered. I've helped out a few individuals from Y to get their uncirculated tapes to the masses. Old Dave, and Pottel are two I've helped recently. (Don't worry Dave, your precious original masters are on the way back to you.)

Would be great if you can get the Gilmour Paris 2002 DVD's out to the masses that i sent out to you to do a couple of years ago!

cheers
Hop

Paranoid_Eyes
2007-09-02, 05:41 PM
Would be great if you can get the Gilmour Paris 2002 DVD's out to the masses that i sent out to you to do a couple of years ago!

cheers
Hop

You're talking about "DG 2002-01-24 - Breakthrough - Live In Paris 2002" ?
If it's this one , yep I'm waiting for months now....:o

Cheers,
BruNo.

Arnold_Layne
2007-09-03, 03:00 AM

cheers
Hop

Sorry bout that Si, I'll make every effort to work on it this week.

A_L

matteosalvi
2007-12-18, 12:38 AM
To: <reel man>
Subject: Pink Floyd Live Tapes reels 1969
hi
i'm a pink floyd fan and collector.
I'm interested to have a copy of a Pink Floyd reels of 1969, no mp3.
wave, flac or shn only!!
it is possible?

To: <me>
Subject: Re: Pink Floyd Live Tapes reels 1969

Thanks for your email,
In order to do copies I needed a Certain quantity of people to make it worth while.
I did not get this response so I will leave the tapes to my son as the copyright runs out in
about thirty years so he will be able to release them legaly.
No one else has these tapes and a lot of people wanted them for nothing which I was not
prepared to do.
An auction company in london said that they could get £250,000 for them if there was no
copyright on them at this time so I am afraid that unless something changes they will not see
the light of day for at least 30 years.
Sorry about that.
Regards

:shut:

danlynch
2007-12-18, 03:16 AM
250,000 pounds, isn't that like a half a million dollars (US)?
This guy is out of his ****ing mind. :finger:
Tell him to put the tapes up on ebay and see how much he
gets offered--probably a couple of thousand dollars.
Oh well, I'm sure those reels will age well over the next
30 years.

MarchingHammers
2007-12-18, 06:16 AM
...and that's just for the COPIES! That's just insane. You'd think you get the originals for that kind of money. I guess in 30 years we'll get to listen to it :(

-MH

kardyl
2007-12-18, 09:04 AM
I'll still be around - and it will be interesting getting to "find" a "new" Floyd release on the old Yeesh. :sexy::kiss:

Pottel
2007-12-18, 10:40 AM
****ing hoarders...hate 'em...

HMAK
2007-12-18, 11:40 AM
IF, the tapes can survive for 30 years....? Remember the original Star Wars reels was rescued in the nick of time!

danlynch
2007-12-18, 02:35 PM
I was being sarcastic about the tapes surviving 30 years.

buffalofloyd
2007-12-18, 02:49 PM
hi
wave, flac or shn only!!
it is possible?

Thanks for your email,
In order to do copies I needed a Certain quantity of people to make it worth while.
I did not get this response so I will leave the tapes to my son as the copyright runs out in
No one else has these tapes and a lot of people wanted them for nothing which I was not
prepared to do.
An auction company in london said that they could get £250,000 for them if there was no
copyright on them at this time so I am afraid that unless something changes they will not see
Sorry about that.
Regards

hehe... the world is ending in 2012 anyway according to the Mayan calendar so who gives a shit?!?! ;)

matteosalvi
2007-12-18, 02:58 PM
:D :shut: :D

matteosalvi
2007-12-18, 05:55 PM
Thanks for your email,
prepared to do.
An auction company in london said that they could get &#163;250,000 for them if there was no
Sorry about that.
Regards
PS: Answer signed by J. W.!!!!!
do you remember?
"Emily tries but misunderstands, ah ooh................................." :D

radiowaves
2007-12-18, 06:44 PM
I'm a bit mixed up about this thread. I bought a Pink Floyd DVD last year that I never seen before. It is a collection from the 1967 to 1971 and I believe I libertated it as I never seen it on Echoes Hub, NPF nor Yeeskull or Dime. The contents are as follows......

1. Arnold Layne. (Alternate clip taken in a wooded area)

2. STCFTHOTS. (Three uncut takes from the BBC 'All My Loving' show, in the eeire settings of the Tabernacle in London 1968)

3. Royal Festival Hall, London, Spring 1969 (It seems the guy was called earlier in the day to shoot this unique footage.Unfortunatly, he didn't go through the proper channels to get permission to shoot the rehearsals, only in certain parts of the venue. This becomes apparent when a security guard orders him to turn off all his equipment. This all takes place with the camera still rolling, but with audio only.You can hear the ensuing dialogue with ''Mr N'' and security/management as he pleads his case. To bad he wasn't allowed to film the show, as he most clearly states that he was there to do that. Tracks include Biding My Time/ Green Is The Colour/ Cymbaline/ A Saucerful Of Secrets.)

4. From German TV ''ASPEKTE'' March 1971 (Documentary about Pink Floyd during their concerts at Hamburg and Offenbach)

5. Randwick Race Course, Australia 15 August 1971. (CWTAE/ Interview/ STCFTHOTS)

6. Live at the Amsterdam Rock Circus 1971 (Exceropts from the final live performances of Atom Heart Mother/ CWTAE/ A Sucerful Of Secrets

danlynch
2007-12-18, 07:34 PM
All of this material has appeared before. What you "liberated" was an inferior copy of this material compiled onto one DVD by a bootlegger. In fact, much of this stuff was either initially released here, or released by HRV, Pinkroioshn or In Floyd We Trust hub members.

I'm a bit mixed up about this thread. I bought a Pink Floyd DVD last year that I never seen before. It is a collection from the 1967 to 1971 and I believe I libertated it as I never seen it on Echoes Hub, NPF nor Yeeskull or Dime. The contents are as follows......

1. Arnold Layne. (Alternate clip taken in a wooded area)

2. STCFTHOTS. (Three uncut takes from the BBC 'All My Loving' show, in the eeire settings of the Tabernacle in London 1968)

3. Royal Festival Hall, London, Spring 1969 (It seems the guy was called earlier in the day to shoot this unique footage.Unfortunatly, he didn't go through the proper channels to get permission to shoot the rehearsals, only in certain parts of the venue. This becomes apparent when a security guard orders him to turn off all his equipment. This all takes place with the camera still rolling, but with audio only.You can hear the ensuing dialogue with ''Mr N'' and security/management as he pleads his case. To bad he wasn't allowed to film the show, as he most clearly states that he was there to do that. Tracks include Biding My Time/ Green Is The Colour/ Cymbaline/ A Saucerful Of Secrets.)

4. From German TV ''ASPEKTE'' March 1971 (Documentary about Pink Floyd during their concerts at Hamburg and Offenbach)

5. Randwick Race Course, Australia 15 August 1971. (CWTAE/ Interview/ STCFTHOTS)

6. Live at the Amsterdam Rock Circus 1971 (Exceropts from the final live performances of Atom Heart Mother/ CWTAE/ A Sucerful Of Secrets

radiowaves
2007-12-18, 09:21 PM
The DVD i have has a menu on it too. I have not seen the Arnold Layne clip nor the the RFH clips before. The DVD is named ''From The Darksides Of The Archives'', and is by no means an inferior copy. Have you seen this DVD , Dan Lynch? It comes with artwork too, and the clips are both black and white and colour, some montages are also visible. The quality is very good, and what you would expect from bootlegs from that era. If it was available, i was not told by anyone on Echoes Hub where I first uploaded it.

If anyone wants me to upload it, I would be only to happy to do so ;)

PS....It sounds like it is Liberated by myself seeing as though these clips have not yet been seen together on one DVD with menues and artwork

Martin

buffalofloyd
2007-12-18, 11:59 PM
The DVD i have has a menu on it too. I have not seen the Arnold Layne clip nor the the RFH clips before. The DVD is named ''From The Darksides Of The Archives'', and is by no means an inferior copy. Have you seen this DVD , Dan Lynch? It comes with artwork too, and the clips are both black and white and colour, some montages are also visible. The quality is very good, and what you would expect from bootlegs from that era. If it was available, i was not told by anyone on Echoes Hub where I first uploaded it.

If anyone wants me to upload it, I would be only to happy to do so ;)

PS....It sounds like it is Liberated by myself seeing as though these clips have not yet been seen together on one DVD with menues and artwork

Martin

All that stuff has indeed been out and on here before. The bootleg you have may not be inferior but all the material on it certainly came from this hub (I'm not sure about the A_L clip though), then your dvd was compiled from all the sources below. As you will see with the links I've provided, these have all been released before but seperately. I would almost gather to say that your version may be slightly inferior due to compressing all the stuff to get it on a disc but your versions are surely not superior.

http://www.pf-db.com/index.php?concert_id=1053&bootleg_id=3227
http://www.pf-db.com/index.php?concert_id=750&bootleg_id=3208
http://www.pf-db.com/index.php?concert_id=1411&bootleg_id=3788
http://www.pf-db.com/index.php?concert_id=1562&bootleg_id=3633
http://www.pf-db.com/index.php?concert_id=222&bootleg_id=3434

Cheers,
Jim

grolsch
2007-12-19, 12:18 AM
just a few thoughts / remarks:

An auction company in london said that they could get £250,000 for them if there was no copyright on them at this time ...

it seems that the person in question was turned away @ sotheby's 1st. he then went to bonhams, where his appearance still is a running joke. obviously one of these old paranoid "patchouly" smelling hippes (my "yessongs" album still stinks after 33 years), he would not want leave a contact name or adress or phone#. he then presented one of these funny looking tapes to them (must have forgotten to bring a playable copy of his transfer) and claimed that he had the copyrights which he could not proove. as soon as the floyd were mentioned, the person @ bonhams decided to get rid of him and so he came up with the odd "250.000" gbp.

in order to do copies I needed a Certain quantity of people to make it worth while.

i very much doubt that any reasonable collector (or "pool of investors") would be prepared to pay a reasonable amount of money to him.
- in one way it's great that the transfer has obviously already happened. finding the right playback multitrack reel machine has become a true task these days. you may be able to locate a studio that has the odd ferrograph, but they all insist on issued and signed by artist permission before they even consider touching these items.
- now the stuff is digital! so what's mr. greedy going to do once he decides to sell it on ebay? he will have recieved a number of somewhat decent offers & make sure he sells digital clones to those - promising not to give out any other copy. he'll then go for the big bucks on ebay and rip off everybody in the end.
- you don't believe this? it has happened a few times in the past. one example is the abbey mills 68 "controls" media sold on ebay. the wanker sold it to a few people before he went ebay. simply look at the difference between the versions on 1) "mind your rip-off" boot dvd and the one 2) that was seeded on dimeadozen.

I did not get this response so I will leave the tapes to my son as the copyright runs out in about thirty years so he will be able to release them legaly.

personally i don't think that in 30 years time there's still such a lot of people out there interested in the floyd.

No one else has these tapes and a lot of people wanted them for nothing which I was not prepared to do.

wrong: it (his homepage) was brought straight away to the attention of the "powers that be". the blob then sent out his slaves to check and was informed that the reel in question were simply "backups" - no originals (still @ the vaults").

radiowaves
2007-12-19, 12:43 AM
All that stuff has indeed been out and on here before. The bootleg you have may not be inferior but all the material on it certainly came from this hub (I'm not sure about the A_L clip though), then your dvd was compiled from all the sources below. As you will see with the links I've provided, these have all been released before but seperately. I would almost gather to say that your version may be slightly inferior due to compressing all the stuff to get it on a disc but your versions are surely not superior.

Cheers,
Jim

Thank you for your learned reply, Buffalo Floyd. The clips that are on the DVD i have are those that you posted. But it is not an inferiour copy of these clips.

danlynch
2007-12-19, 05:11 AM
All of the clips have been compressed to fit on one disc. That makes it inferior, i.e. lower resolution.
And yes, I have seen all the material in their original hi-res formats.

Pottel
2007-12-19, 06:31 PM

Cheers,
Jim
oh pls, just gimme the one dvd Martin :P

radiowaves
2007-12-19, 07:24 PM
By the looks of it, I am not allowed to upload here on Y. So if you want a trade...we can set one up on PM or msn:confused:

danlynch
2007-12-19, 10:20 PM
By the looks of it, I am not allowed to upload here on Y. So if you want a trade...we can set one up on PM or msn:confused:

No one said you can't upload it. Your claim that you were "liberating" new material was corrected since all of the material is available in higher resolution releases.

I find it hard to believe that no one in the Echoes Hub knew that Royal Festival Hall was readily available--its a Harvested release after all. But then again, that place doesn't produce anything on its own, so maybe you're right.

moc622
2007-12-20, 06:15 AM
hi
wave, flac or shn only!!
it is possible?

Thanks for your email,
prepared to do.
Sorry about that.
Regards

So maybe we could set up a donation site that people could donate a few bucks and over time there might be enough money collected to buy a copy. If not the money could be used to buy a selected person or persons a trip to wherever this guy lives in order to beat the crap out of him.

oldpink
2007-12-20, 06:24 AM
While I really like your second option, I kind of like the idea of narcing him out to BMI/ASCAP/RIAA for selling someone else's performance.
As we all know, the territory of ROIOs that make up this site is a bit ambiguous, while someone openly soliciting bids for a clandestine recording is apt to arouse action from the copyright enforcers.
Just a thought, even though in so doing, it would likely place those tapes forever out of reach of us fans.

buffalofloyd
2007-12-20, 03:09 PM
While I really like your second option, I kind of like the idea of narcing him out to BMI/ASCAP/RIAA for selling someone else's performance.
As we all know, the territory of ROIOs that make up this site is a bit ambiguous, while someone openly soliciting bids for a clandestine recording is apt to arouse action from the copyright enforcers.
Just a thought, even though in so doing, it would likely place those tapes forever out of reach of us fans.

Honestly, at this point in time I don't give a shit about this guys reels at all. If he's just gonna sit on em that's fine with me. This dude prolly doesn't even have what he claims to have and just likes all the attention and pleads he gets from fans to release his stuff. The furthest I'd go to attain these reels is offer him a $25 gas card ;)

andy_672
2007-12-20, 07:07 PM
I very much agree , if & only if they're genuine then they're worth something but i think is sense of value is overrated,silver pressed bootleg cd's are only worth £25 & its an offense to sell them even second hand,if he tries to sell them then he'll probably get busted for "conspiracy to commit fraud" under the copywrite act or "electronic piracy" under the counterfeiting act.Or maybe they were stolen in which case it "Theft" or "Handling stolen property".If as an earlier post says "they just backup copies" then its down to the copywrite act so the artist can sue him personally (ouch picking up the bill for PF's very expensive legal team is gonna hurt big time) or just apply to the courts for there return

So perhaps a trade would be fairer & if he won't accept that then tell him to F*** Off
Items are only worth something if somebody wants to buy it !
If the PF community refuse to deal with him then they have little or no value

archangelsthunderbird
2007-12-20, 09:40 PM
Another option would be to break into his house and steal them ,Make a clone then send the original to the Pink Floyd Managment.I have a Ski Mask and a crow bar I'm willing to donate to the cause.;)

andy_672
2007-12-20, 09:52 PM
Another option would be to break into his house and steal them ,Make a clone then send the original to the Pink Floyd Managment.I have a Ski Mask and a crow bar I'm willing to donate to the cause.

Let me know when you have the tapes then archangelsthunderbird & i'll give you tony smiths office address,in fact i know 1 yeeshkul user who drives past it several times every day

:cheers:

andy_672
2007-12-20, 09:54 PM
I should point out that i do not in any way condone crime (except the sharing of rare material)

andy_672
2007-12-20, 09:55 PM
In fact its more of a crime to hoard it than to share it

archangelsthunderbird
2007-12-24, 07:38 AM
I'm just donating the Crow bar and ski mask .:)

}{eywood
2007-12-26, 10:28 AM
Once, long ago, musicians played music for the joy of it. They travelled from town to town, event to event, bringing songs heard from other musicians, and played for the masses. All that was asked in return was a meal and perhaps a place to lat their heads. The joy in the faces of the listeners was enough, as well as the joy derived from the performance.
One day recording technology came along. This enabled musicians to be heard far and wide without the limitation of how far they could travel. As well as many people far and wide being able to hear the same performance, and hear it multiple times. Originally this was such an awesome feat that it was delivered for free, or for the cost of producing the discs.
Along came the idea of profit. Record companies developed. Music became a commodity of capatilism. People copywrote their compositions and recordings so others would have to pay them to perform their songs. No longer does the "folk" song exist. Traditional? Someone still gets paid for it.
Thankfully there are bootleggers, tapers who record shows just to put them out for all to consume, and for no profit. I am one of these people. So are several of my friends and many Y members. When someone comes along like this guy discussed above, he brings shame on our community. He is a thief attempting to make a fortune off his deceit. With his attitude he should work for a record company.
If anyone out there eventually liberates the tapers from this guy, then I will perrsonally fall down and worship you. As it stands I like the idea of robbing him, then turning him in. If anyone here wants to take up a collection to fly me to where he lives, I'll take the ski mask and crowbar and take care of business for us all. I'm serious. I have no problem with breaking and entering in this situation, and I'll be sure to give him a right good thumping in the process. Music should be free and for everyone to enjoy regardless of financial status. I spent a couple years (and quite a bit of money) making a tribute album and I gave it away here for free. All hail p2p

goldenband
2007-12-26, 08:10 PM
Grolsch, just wanted to thank you for that very informative post. It's good to know that the originals are still in the vaults of PF Ltd., even if we're not likely to hear those originals anytime soon.

karmamania
2008-01-17, 01:01 PM
http://www.mediafire.com/?c1vld0dpjtt

I've attached the 90second MP3 sample that I recall surfaced at the same time.

27.04.69 Mothers, Birmingham, Warwickshire, England
(Live recording for Ummagumma – with DJ John Peel)
Astronomy Dominé, Careful With That Axe, Eugene, Improvisation, Interstellar Overdrive, Set The Controls For The Heart Of The Sun, Saucerful Of Secrets, Let There Be More Light

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x261/feelthink/19690427h31.jpg

I wonder when we will all hear this concert... :sexy:

creamcheese
2008-01-17, 04:55 PM
Let me say one thing:
This is the most frustrating thread in the Yeeshkul Forum. Everytime i see a new reply to the topic i go reading it hoping to get some good news - which would be something like "Here (link) you can download all 8 tracks of the original reels as 24/96 wavs so that you can do your own mix. There´s a mixing competition and the winner gets a two week trip to Britannia Row where he will be recording "Quando Quando Quando" with the 4 remaining members of a british rockband named Pink Floyd!". OK, an unedited stereo rough mix in 16/44 flac would be OK aswell...
But everytime i go here i get nothing but 1.5 minute mp3-samples that make me :drool: like crazy or setlists with words like "improvisation" in it that make me climbing up the walls.

Allright. Go there, get the Tapes, back them up, share them here, make sure the guy is at home, put the tapes back in front of his house door, pour them over with petrol, set them on fire, ring his door bell, run away!:mad:

Cheers.

fatoldpig
2008-01-17, 08:33 PM
I certainly agree with karmamania's comments. I don't know if any of you remember the DFP (not DFA)--digital floyd project from about 9 or 10 years ago. I can't seem to recall the guy's name (maybe he is on the list here?) but he provided cdr with cases and artwork etc at basically cost and at the time he had stuff that was new for a lot of people. I think he probably quit b/c he became overwhelmed. Of course at the other extreme if the guy who has these tapes is holding out for some astronomical amount that isn't really right either. I just have never heard from anyone out there if he has indeed listed a price.
it was TimV from DFP. i bought about 30 shows from him.

fatoldpig
2008-01-17, 09:24 PM
here's a reply got in march, 2006

I am sure that most Floyd fans will want a copy. The more response I get the less they will cost, at least that's the idea.
I will let you know as soon as I can. I just love the energy on these tapes. It get's taken away by overdubs to make it more polished.
I remember Floyd like these tapes. the cock ups the out of tune moments, it all added to the atmosphere.
Do I say......... Peace and Love Man with a flower sticking out of my ear or just.......

Thank you very much for your time, and interest.

All the Very Best

HMAK
2008-01-18, 01:03 AM
Arrgh!!!!

Just tell the Congress Commity, that the missing intorigation tapes are stored in his house and let the Men in Black do the rest. :D

I feel like an angry Hippo right now with a very big Mace ;)

rubbish
2008-01-18, 01:34 AM
Is the fellow behind rarepf.com named Paul? It may be possible for someone in the London area to contact him, since the postal address is visible in the /whois file for rarepf.com.

So it is. This'll add nothing of value to the discussion as a whole, but I find it highly amusing/ironic/"it's got to be a wind-up" that the guy mentions that he found them in Peckham, and then decided the time was nigh to get the highest price possible.

It's not "Paul" behind all this - it's Del Boy!

karmamania
2008-01-18, 08:26 AM
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x261/feelthink/InSearchof19690427.jpg
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x261/feelthink/InSearchof19690427whereispaul.jpg

So anyone nearby in London? Ok HMAK CreamCheese and everyone else... What do you all want to do now? :sexy: :confused:

PS: Answer signed by J. W.!!!!!
do you remember?

So maybe we could set up a donation site that people could donate a few bucks and over time there might be enough money collected to buy a copy. If not the money could be used to buy a selected person or persons a trip to wherever this guy lives in order to beat the crap out of him.

Another option would be to break into his house and steal them ,Make a clone then send the original to the Pink Floyd Managment.I have a Ski Mask and a crow bar I'm willing to donate to the cause.

If anyone out there eventually liberates the tapers from this guy, then I will perrsonally fall down and worship you. As it stands I like the idea of robbing him, then turning him in. If anyone here wants to take up a collection to fly me to where he lives, I'll take the ski mask and crowbar and take care of business for us all. I'm serious. I have no problem with breaking and entering in this situation, and I'll be sure to give him a right good thumping in the process.

http://www.pinkfloyd-co.com/band/interviews/other/otherwatts.html
On a more serious note, I suggest that the origin of these tapes (copies) is that they were owned by the late Peter Watts (pictured on the back cover of Ummagumma) even though Brian Humphries and Peter Mew are listed as Engineering I think these reels were in Puddy's possession first.

swanlee
2008-12-21, 05:49 PM
Bump

any new information on these tapes?

Orgone Accumulator
2008-12-21, 10:06 PM
Did they guy fish them out of a bin?

JohnCaan
2009-03-16, 09:14 AM
I did rescue these tapes out of a dustbin in Peckham, London in 1971 just before the dustmen arrived, there was also a load of helical scan video tapes that I could not carry as I was on foot, they went to landfill, lost forever. I have looked after these tapes for 38 years and not even floyd have copies of these tapes. All the people that are screaming give us them for free can take a running jump.

I do not think that these tapes will ever see the light of day. I am currently talking to floyds manager about getting these tapes returned to the band.

I got a hell of a lot of postive response over the year that my website was in operation and it is a shame that all the child like tantrums from idiots that wanted me to go out and pay loads of money to get them baked and run off in a studio, then copy a whole stack of cd,s and post them off for nothing ruined it for the serious floyd fans that wanted to donate a few quid towards the cost.

I have also had to put up with morons saying that they have found my address on "whois" lookup and threatened to go round to the address and break in,smash the windows, beat me up etc all because they cannot get a copy of the material.

The old "whois" address is not mine and, I do not, and, did not live there.

goldenband
2009-03-16, 08:25 PM
John, I'm sorry to hear that you've been threatened and otherwise harassed. For the record, though I did note earlier that an address was available via the "WHOIS" function associated with all websites, I did so solely in hopes that someone might contact you in a polite and professional way, to see what the status of the project was. Abusive behavior is obviously unacceptable.

Having said that, I would point out that from the beginning, there was a lack of clarity about what you had in mind, and what the goal of your website was. Were you looking to auction the tapes to the highest bidder? To merely recoup the costs of transferring them, before distributing them to the public for a nominal fee? To make a tidy profit? It was all a bit vague and mysterious, and perhaps you put yourself in a difficult situation by attracting attention via your website, but not being more upfront about your intentions. In the absence of concrete information, people tend to assume the worst.

Of course, the current climate on copyright makes it tricky for someone in your position, and I appreciate that. Still, I think your argument about everybody wanting you to pay out "loads of money", and then give away your tapes for free, is a bit of a red herring. It should cost no more than $10000 at a high-end studio to transfer these tapes, and could probably be done for a good deal less.

Even so, I don't think any reasonable person would expect you to pay that out of your own pocket. If you had already paid for the transfer and digitization, a pledge drive could've been raised, with the release of the tapes coinciding with your full reimbursement (as documented through the relevant invoices, and with appropriate transparency). And living in the age we do, it would have been possible to distribute the results -- completed audio files -- at no cost.

If you were, however, hoping to make a profit, that's something else entirely. I'm afraid that most people here take a very dim view of that, and quoting the astronomical figure of &#163;250000 doesn't exactly help your cause. I suspect there's room for compromise somewhere in there -- not all of us think you should receive nothing whatsoever for your stewardship of these tapes, and there might have been a way to work something out. But it is a delicate issue at best, particularly given copyright laws.

I hope that there is some way that these tapes will, someday, see the light of day. I would also remind you that by withholding them, you punish the "idiots", but also those who have not behaved badly or with ill will. It's not the first time, here, that someone has said the actions of a vocal few made them decide to hide their treasures away, but I've never understood that mindset: to me, the joy that one can give to a good man, through one's own generosity, far outweighs any hypothetical satisfaction given to a bad one.

By the way, if you do return to this thread, I'd be curious if those helical scan tapes were the Floyd, or something else entirely. Pity that they, too, were lost: and thus does the 2nd law of thermodynamics keep wreaking its ugly way through the world.

goa
2009-03-16, 08:58 PM
:confused:

as usual I arrived late to the party :( ...the site is down, so...what are in these tapes all this topic is about?

zbinks
2009-03-16, 09:07 PM

as usual I arrived late to the party :( ...the site is down, so...what are in these tapes all this topic is about?

As I recall they contain the show(s) from which the live portion of Ummagumma was taken.

goldenband
2009-03-16, 09:12 PM
Yeah, they're multitrack recordings of at least one of the shows, including Let There Be More Light and an untitled improvisation. See earlier in the thread for MP3 samples, assuming the links are still good.

Gonzob52
2009-03-16, 09:17 PM
Goldenband: well said.

goa
2009-03-16, 09:46 PM
If that is the material, it belongs to PF or to the label or whatever.

although, given the fact roio's are sometimes in a "grey" area...

1) if the guy needs $ to make a good transfer, fine...but...

2) ...if the guy wants to make a transfer, several people here could make an excellent one for free and gave back the tapes to him.

3) if he wants $ form PF fans to make a profit or...

4) ...$ from PF...

he seems to not understand what means to be copyright, and is a "cara de raja" :D

If you find "something" that belongs to someone, IT still belongs to someone, no matter the reason why IT was in the dustbin.

I suppose the english laws are clear about IT.

Arnold_Layne
2009-03-16, 11:08 PM
This will all soon be moot when Pink Floyd release the 40th anniversary edition of Ummagumma later this year which will include the full Mother's set. :cheers:

Yeah, in yours, mine, and everyone else's dreams.

A_L

kimirkim
2009-03-16, 11:37 PM
I heard rumors that something's brewing and we'll find out about it before the end of the year. Shhhhhh... ;)

I knew... it was my New Years Day wish...:p

Orgone Accumulator
2009-03-16, 11:42 PM
A 1969 Box from Pink Floyd would be an awesome way to celebrate the 40th anniv for all that stuff. Combined More remaster with a bunch of out-takes and isolated mixes, with a couple of extra disks of Ummagumma tapes, the 3 gigs recorded for the live album warts and all, from the time the tapes started rolling, to the time the tapes stopped. Also include a DVD with Amougies footage on there, and any other footage from 1969 that is a good representation of the visual aspect of an Ummagumma era gig.

Am I mad?

vince666
2009-03-16, 11:47 PM
I did rescue these tapes out of a dustbin in Peckham, London in 1971 just before the dustmen arrived...

forgive me, but i have some "difficulties" to believe that such tapes were simply thrown away into the dustbin by the legitimate owners... :tear:

we're talkin' about the multitrack tapes of a major released LongPlaying by the Floyds and not about my own crappy music sessions... eheh :D

please, let's be serious.... or must i believe also that the horses do fly? :D

plains203
2009-03-16, 11:54 PM
That's a very juicy rumour. I would be very suprised to see a re-release of ummagumma :o

But I would love to see it released and would buy it in a heartbeat! :cheers:

oldpink
2009-03-17, 12:06 AM
John, I'm sorry to hear that you've been threatened and otherwise harassed. For the record, though I did note earlier that an address was available via the "WHOIS" function associated with all websites, I did so solely in hopes that someone might contact you in a polite and professional way, to see what the status of the project was. Abusive behavior is obviously unacceptable.
[...]By the way, if you do return to this thread, I'd be curious if those helical scan tapes were the Floyd, or something else entirely. Pity that they, too, were lost: and thus does the 2nd law of thermodynamics keep wreaking its ugly way through the world.

It really is nice that Y! has such an outstanding unofficial spokesman, and I don't mean that in a kissing up way.
That was fantastic, and I sincerely hope that John understands that you put it better than probably all of us put together just how much we appreciate such a lost treasure.
I also should add that John is running out the clock, as the magnetic medium is nearing the end of its normal life cycle, and his reels will soon be reduced to little more than plastic strips with rust peeling from them.
Of course, a proper 96KHz/24-Bit transfer would allow that historical audio to be preserved forever, and the fans and (no doubt) even the bandmembers of Floyd would greatly appreciate that it was rescued, probably not even knowing that it was so close to being lost forever.

John,
Please understand that people who go to such lengths, especially the likes of the Harvested crew, time, and (yes) expense to restore audio, audio that oftentimes is nowhere the caliber of that you hold, are as dedicated as any artist could ever hope to have.
The Mother's/Ummagumma gigs are the stuff of legend, and anyone who has ever read Nicholas Schaffner's "Saucerful of Secrets" or some other books about Pink Floyd will tell you that.
I hope you see fit, that whatever you do, you will do it for the fans.

oldpink
2009-03-17, 12:08 AM
I heard rumors that something's brewing and we'll find out about it before the end of the year. Shhhhhh... ;)

Stop torturing us!
;)

fatoldpig
2009-03-17, 12:44 AM
must i believe also that the horses do fly? :Ddon't know about horses but i believe pigs fly sometimes ;)

Lennyif
2009-03-17, 12:55 AM
I did rescue these tapes out of a dustbin in Peckham, London in 1971 just before the dustmen arrived, there was also a load of helical scan video tapes that I could not carry as I was on foot, they went to landfill, lost forever. I have looked after these tapes for 38 years and not even floyd have copies of these tapes. All the people that are screaming give us them for free can take a running jump.

I do not think that these tapes will ever see the light of day. I am currently talking to floyds manager about getting these tapes returned to the band.

I got a hell of a lot of postive response over the year that my website was in operation and it is a shame that all the child like tantrums from idiots that wanted me to go out and pay loads of money to get them baked and run off in a studio, then copy a whole stack of cd,s and post them off for nothing ruined it for the serious floyd fans that wanted to donate a few quid towards the cost.

I have also had to put up with morons saying that they have found my address on "whois" lookup and threatened to go round to the address and break in,smash the windows, beat me up etc all because they cannot get a copy of the material.

The old "whois" address is not mine and, I do not, and, did not live there.

Well there you have it folks! So I suppose the money that was raised (if any) will be returned to Floyd too?

I guess that it's right to get the tapes to the Band since it is thier intellectuall property. Shure took a long time though.

Lennyif
2009-03-17, 12:58 AM
Also, I think there are folks here who would do the work gladly. The harvested team just to name one. Excellent work they do.

Orgone Accumulator
2009-03-17, 09:20 PM
If John Caan was not expecting to get atleast some abuse then he must be very naive, thats all I can say. I guess if I had something rare lying around I would check to see what the community surrounding it was like before I tried to profit off it, though making a website with tantalising mp3s and images of the reels in a cheap means to start a bidding was is morally unjustified.

There are many people here who would gladly do the work needed to make these tapes available to the general unwashed, and they would recieve their credit in due course. This way bridges are built. I'm hoping one day I find someone with info on Pink Floyd's Scottish appearances, and this could one day lead to me liberating a tape or something.

Its funny how John Caan, although clearly not a massive Floyd-head, shares traits common to the hoarding end of the spectrum.

deepinder
2014-02-26, 03:14 AM
Does anyone have a copy of the Ummagumma EMI poster rejigged by Hipgnosis. It has Rick Wright in the chair of the main photo. Because it was displayed bigger than the LP a lot more work (or itterations) with glue and scissors had to be done to get to the point before the last image. I have only seen one copy, but I'm sure many more must have been distributed.

CCE338
2015-05-11, 06:51 AM
Does anyone have the 2 short mp3's that surfaced at the time to share via post torrent or pm.

Astronomy Dominé, Careful With That Axe, Eugene, Improvisation, Interstellar Overdrive, Set The Controls For The Heart Of The Sun, Saucerful Of Secrets, Let There Be More Light

Plus the 4 minutes I think of Astronomy Domine.

Thanks
CCE338

abronsius
2015-05-11, 08:48 AM
Does anyone have the 2 short mp3's that surfaced at the time to share via post torrent or pm.

Thanks
CCE338

you mean the 2 very short samples on a web site (at the very end of the 90's - perhaps 1999) with some jpeg of the Ummagumma reels ? (that's was prior the Yellow Cow "Careful With These Tracks" liberation)
or is this something new ? :jawdrop:

vince666
2015-05-11, 10:58 AM
i guess he means just those short mp3 files which surfaced some time before "Careful with these tracks" and, IIRC, not in late 90's but a few years ago.

I should have these stored on some external disk, if you may need them.

Cheers,

Vince.

floydfan2410
2015-05-11, 12:18 PM

Thanks
CCE338

Did they really play Let there be more light at those concerts too?? Or is it from somewhere else? If so, was it recorded??

matt_twism
2015-05-11, 12:56 PM
I wonder what happened to John Caan. Anybody ever try to talk or get in touch with this guy? The recordings are out there, albeit in lossy source. Somebody has the real deal that hopefully will be shared sometimes.

We can only wait and hope...

vince666
2015-05-11, 06:48 PM
Did they really play Let there be more light at those concerts too?? Or is it from somewhere else? If so, was it recorded??

indeed, there is a small bit of "Let there be more light" on one of those mp3 files... but, of course, how could we be sure it is from that gig?
It seems Floyds didn't use to play that song during 1969 gigs but who knows if they tried it just because they were recording the gig for Ummagumma?

asdfadam
2015-05-11, 07:13 PM

Thanks
CCE338

This was a confusing saga.

Can't recall how I got it, but it had to be easy if I was involved....
I have a CDR with:

1 Astronomy Domine (8:45)
2 Careful With That Axe (9:27)
3 Interstellar Overdrive (13:35)
4 Set The Contols (9:50)
5 A Saucerful (14:25)

So, there was more available (as Mp3): Improv/Let There Be/Astronomy #2?

I'm barely remembering the thoughts about "Set The Controls" possibly being
a studio recording? ...or live/studio mix. His "announcements" are hilarious.

CCE338
2015-05-12, 04:55 AM
i guess he means just those short mp3 files which surfaced some time before "Careful with these tracks" and, IIRC, not in late 90's but a few years ago.

I should have these stored on some external disk, if you may need them.

Cheers,

Vince.

Hi Vince,

Yes please share the files that you may have. I use to have them at the time but all my old hard drives are long dead.

Post in this thread or PM me please Thank You

CCE338

vince666
2015-05-12, 10:49 AM
You have a PM, CEO338. :)

Don't know if i can directly post them here, being lossy files...
It could be useful if any mods may let me know if i can share/attach them here or not.

Cheers,

Vince.

dallasman
2015-05-12, 04:38 PM
You have a PM, CEO338. :)

Don't know if i can directly post them here, being lossy files...
It could be useful if any mods may let me know if i can share/attach them here or not.

Cheers,

Vince.

I'm not a mod, but I'm givng you the go-ahead anyway :-) The 90 second mp3 was linked to earlier in this thread (link now dead), so it shouldn't be a problem now. Torrenting lossy-sourced audio is another matter.

vince666
2015-05-12, 06:37 PM
I'm not a mod, but I'm givng you the go-ahead anyway :-) The 90 second mp3 was linked to earlier in this thread (link now dead), so it shouldn't be a problem now. Torrenting lossy-sourced audio is another matter.

well... then here it is: https://www.sendspace.com/file/rd8z45

unfortunately these sendspace links don't last that long... being it a zip file of only around 5 megabytes, i guess we could directly attach it here (but for the attachment matter i would wait for a mod's confirm).

Cheers,

Vince.

tjmack
2015-05-12, 10:51 PM
You can post the samples as torrent attachments and you can share lossy here, as long as you make it clear that it is from a lossy source.

Please don't post them as direct attachments as it just adds to the size of my back-ups which are ever increasing.

T.

swanlee
2015-05-13, 02:00 AM
This was a confusing saga.

Can't recall how I got it, but it had to be easy if I was involved....
I have a CDR with:

1 Astronomy Domine (8:45)
2 Careful With That Axe (9:27)
3 Interstellar Overdrive (13:35)
4 Set The Contols (9:50)
5 A Saucerful (14:25)

So, there was more available (as Mp3): Improv/Let There Be/Astronomy #2?

I'm barely remembering the thoughts about "Set The Controls" possibly being
a studio recording? ...or live/studio mix. His "announcements" are hilarious.

Yea that is different the samples that were posted back in the day were 100% completely different from the basic Ummagumma live tracks. I also have them on my hard drive if needed. So the umagumma live consisted of 2 sources one was mainly used while the second had little pieces used to fill in on the first source. The reels he had were the complete un edited show of the non used source so it was really completely different then the ummagumma live tracks. While the boot Careful with that Tracks Eugene was a lossy complete tape of the first source that consisted of 90% of the material that ended up on the Live ummagumma tracks.

So what he has is more valuable as it is an unheard live show completely unedited and in perfect professional quality.

vince666
2015-05-13, 11:01 AM
You can post the samples as torrent attachments and you can share lossy here, as long as you make it clear that it is from a lossy source.

Please don't post them as direct attachments as it just adds to the size of my back-ups which are ever increasing.

T.

Thank you, TJ. :)

Then, eventually, i will soon start it as a proper torrent but by clearly writing these are lossy files.

Cheers,

Vince.

dallasman
2015-05-13, 05:32 PM

unfortunately these sendspace links don't last that long... being it a zip file of only around 5 megabytes, i guess we could directly attach it here (but for the attachment matter i would wait for a mod's confirm).

Cheers,

Vince.

Thank you!

vince666
2015-05-14, 12:26 AM
Thank you!

You're welcome. :)

Anyway, i am noticeing just now that my above zip file contains 3 mp3 files... two of which (the shorter ones) are the exact same thing but with a different name... and, infact, people here were talking about two mp3 files only.

I guess i did download the third mp3 file from somewhere else and it was renamed then, when putting them together, i finished to have an "extra" third mp3 file into my hard-disk but which doesn't really added anything more...

sorry for the bit of confusion but, now that i noticed it, i thought it was better to clarify this. :)

Cheers,

Vince.

oneofmypages
2015-05-14, 03:13 PM

Cheers,

Vince.

Thank you very much, I was searching these excerpts that I once had but have lost.

What is the Tape Box picture you uploaded with the mp3 ? Is it from this hoarder ?
It doesn't match the content of the mp3 files, but rather match Careful With These Tracks ROIO.
In Rare_PF_bits.mp3 we have AD / CWTAE / improvisation / IO ? / ASOS / LTBML / IO / IO

vince666
2015-05-14, 04:01 PM
Thank you very much, I was searching these excerpts that I once had but have lost.

What is the Tape Box picture you uploaded with the mp3 ? Is it from this hoarder ?
It doesn't match the content of the mp3 files, but rather match Careful With These Tracks ROIO.
In Rare_PF_bits.mp3 we have AD / CWTAE / improvisation / IO ? / ASOS / LTBML / IO / IO

Sincerely, i don't remember too clearly why i had everything into that same folder (it was some years ago)... But i guess it was a picture shown on that Rare PF website and which i saved together with the mp3 files.

floyd_zenith
2015-05-14, 06:20 PM
That "Improvisation" thing sounds like a Careful-ish piece to my ears (cf. the outro of CWTAE from Chesterfield 1969-03-27). Let There Be more Light had reportedly been a staple in their set for much of 1968 and early 1969 and it's a pity it "eluded" tapers on the handful of recordings we have so far. On a theoretical note, I've had a pet theory for some time that the Floyd might have actually envisiged a double live album (released separately from their "fair-share" studio project) - take AD, IO, STCFTHOTS, CWTAE, ASOS, throw in LTBML, Pow R Toc H, Green is the Colour and some improvisation piece and there you have it.

oldpink
2015-05-14, 08:29 PM
That "Improvisation" thing sounds like a Careful-ish piece to my ears (cf. the outro of CWTAE from Chesterfield 1969-03-27). Let There Be more Light had reportedly been a staple in their set for much of 1968 and early 1969 and it's a pity it "eluded" tapers on the handful of recordings we have so far. On a theoretical note, I've had a pet theory for some time that the Floyd might have actually envisiged a double live album (released separately from their "fair-share" studio project) - take AD, IO, STCFTHOTS, CWTAE, ASOS, throw in LTBML, Pow R Toc H, Green is the Colour and some improvisation piece and there you have it.

FWIW, LTBML is on the Paradiso recording, either the early show or the late show (both?), but I can't remember which.
Of course, it's also on the BBC recording, but you probably already knew that.

floyd_zenith
2015-05-14, 09:40 PM
FWIW, LTBML is on the Paradiso recording, either the early show or the late show (both?), but I can't remember which.
Of course, it's also on the BBC recording, but you probably already knew that.

It's on both 1968-05-31 shows. And that's all in terms of live recordings (TV and radio not included).

Spicybb
2015-12-14, 02:27 AM
Can anyone reupload the files? Would be much appreciated.

movement
2015-12-14, 03:33 AM
Can anyone reupload the files? Would be much appreciated.

If I remember correctly, the full tapes cannot be uploaded here because they include officially released material. However, I did include IO in the Total Eclipse Revisited project.

http://yeeshkul.com/forum/showthread.php?25240-Pink-Floyd-Total-Eclipse-Revisited-Disc-3-Ummagumma-Revisited-%28Beta%29

Elias Pies de Plomo
2016-01-19, 12:29 AM
Cool I hope it ever surfaces