PDA

View Full Version : Just Wondering.....

ndanger
2011-01-07, 05:07 AM
I have about 1.3T of concerts now and I know I'm no where near complete.

I'm here almost every day looking for things to add to my collection. It's a random and haphazard method for completing my collection.

Have we ever considered sharing in an organized manner? I had this idea. What if we band together. Each month we torrent out all the shows for a year. Looking briefly, I think we can go through the entire catalog in 4 years.

I don't want to discourage any other sharing. And, OMG, I sure don't want to stop those new shows that pop up.

If we chose to approach sharing like this, we can all have a complete collection in 4 years. I've been collecting for years and I don't know when I'll finish.
Bill

floydfan2410
2011-01-07, 05:31 AM

I'm here almost every day looking for things to add to my collection. It's a random and haphazard method for completing my collection.

Have we ever considered sharing in an organized manner? I had this idea. What if we band together. Each month we torrent out all the shows for a year. Looking briefly, I think we can go through the entire catalog in 4 years.

I don't want to discourage any other sharing. And, OMG, I sure don't want to stop those new shows that pop up.

If we chose to approach sharing like this, we can all have a complete collection in 4 years. I've been collecting for years and I don't know when I'll finish.
Bill

If you're here everyday you should know this is not the place to post requests ;)
This should be moved to the Pink Floyd Related section.

ndanger
2011-01-07, 06:42 AM
I didn't think so, or I would have posted there.

FOS
2011-01-07, 07:54 AM

God forbid. I hope I never get there. Then the fun is over and what should we do then, Compiled stones? :D

moonwall
2011-01-07, 10:29 AM

Bill

And spoil all the fun of searching, checking and finally maybe find something you haven't in your collection yet.

On this tracker people share what they want to share, not what we tell them to share, so to organize sharing is no option.

And of course this thread should be in the discussion forum, not in the torrent forum.

LGT
2011-01-07, 12:12 PM
God forbid. I hope I never get there. Then the fun is over and what should we do then, Compiled stones? :D

I could help a lot with compiling Stones <hee hee hee> :o :cheers: ;)

Pottel
2011-01-07, 12:43 PM

Bill
don't be demotivated by the replies, but they are all true, what is the fun in doing so if it is all offered on a plate? if you wanna do what you have in mind, join the hubs, there you can, when you share as much as possible yourself as well of course, look and donwload whole strings of shows.

Olly37
2011-01-26, 04:37 PM

Bill

If you got everything in 4 years, what would you do for the rest of your life?;)

Popping back and forth looking for that elusive recording is part of the game.:D

Alternatively, you could post every now and again a list of "new" ones into the request thread to "speed" up the completion process. I've always held off on that one, preferring to keep coming back in search of the "one that got away".

Peace,
Olly.