PDA

View Full Version : Roger Waters 2007-03-17 Buenos Aires FM Master - PRS-CDR-019

danlynch
2007-03-20, 01:23 AM
Roger Waters
2007-03-17
River Plate Stadium
Buenos Aires Argentina

"Aires Eyes Are Smiling"
Pinkroioshn CDR-019 (PRS-CDR-019)
FM Master Recording

'Kabul' FM 107.9 > Philips MX2600 DVD Home Theater System >
SB Live! 5.1 KX drivers > Audition 1.5 > 16bit/48kHz wav files >
Soundforge (resample, set fades) > CD Wav (tracking) > Flac Frontend
(level 7, align sector boundaries) > flac

recorded by gotta_be_crazy
produced by danlynch
2007-03-19

This is the 44.1 version for CD burning. An official 48k version will be
shared in the Pinkroioshn Hub.

First Set
[total time 1:28:34]*
01 Introduction (Radio Announcers/Stage Music)
02 In The Flesh
03 Mother
04 Set The Controls For the Heart Of The Sun
05 Shine On You Crazy Diamond
06 Have A Cigar
07 Wish You Were Here
08 Southampton Dock
09 The Fletcher Memorial Home
10 Perfect Sense Parts 1 and 2
11 [Leaving Beirut introduction]
12 Leaving Beirut
13 Sheep

Second Set
[total time 1:10:31]
01 Dark Side of the Moon
02 [Encore Break/Announcers]
03 [Band Introductions]
04 The Happiest Days Of Our Lives
05 Another Brick In The Wall (Part 2)
06 Vera
07 Bring the Boys Back Home
08 Comfortably Numb
09 [Announcer Closing]
Bonus Track
10 Radio Advertisement

*first set will burn to one CD if the introduction is removed

This release was first shared simultaneously on YEESHKUL tracker, PINKROIOSHN Hub,
and IN FLOYD WE TRUST Hub.

Thanks to those communities who produce virtually all the new Floyd in circulation, and that share
that live Pink Floyd sound for free!

Join the Floyd:
http://pf-db.com/signup.php (join pinkroioshn!)
http://www.yeeshkul.com
http://pinkfloydsound.altervista.org/eng.htm (join IFWT!)

danlynch
2007-03-20, 01:45 AM
This FM master is a significantly better recording than the Neve Shalom FM recording, which is the only other 2006-07 RW recording with the DSOTM set.

The roio is a truly remarkable cross-continental cooperative effort among members of the Pinkroioshn Hub, led by the hard work, time, and technical expertise of gotta_be_crazy. His outstanding recording and extraction job resulting in an FM recording almost completely devoid of FM interference. As a result, the wav files are almost completely untouched, and brought to you within 44 hours of the end of the broadcast. g_b_c had this on his ftp server to me within an hour of completion, and provided a nearly flawless recording.

As with most modern day FM broadcasts, there is a significant amount of DJ chatter, although they were kind enough to quiet down for the majority of the music. The balance of the music mix is outstanding, particularly since many FM broadcasts are mixed poorly in favor of lead vocals and lead instruments.

Once again, many many thanks to gotta_be_crazy for his superb work on this recording--and all the other excellent work he does for the PF community. His comments will follow in the next post.

danlynch
2007-03-20, 01:47 AM
What a fantastic concert!!! I always been in the 'anti-solo' career side but i must
say this show will be always in the back of my mind. Extremely well played, i have nothing
wrong to say about it. And less when i was there at the next day experiencing it live.
The ****ing flames!!! Why nobody told me there was 40mts tall ****ing flames!!! That only
worth the money of the ticket. Me and my mate were at 100mts far from the stage, and we
felt the hot from the flames, so i asume that the people of the VIP section got a real
nice tan :)

Experiencing a performance of Dark Side of The Moon live, with at least one of the original
members on it, was a doubt for me at first. And of course i cant compare to the experience
of many ppl that saw the original performances on the 70s, but to me in that precise moment
was as magical as any other experience from the 70s. I lived it that way, and the giant
screen, the perfect sound, that heavenly music and at least Roger Waters on stage, was all
to me. I spent hours saying 'hey that's not PF it's the same than watching a tribute band
with only 1 member on it' but NO. I was wrong, i had a great time.

The band plays absolutely perfect, and the guitarist played the Gilmour's solos even more
accurate than him! (I wouldnt dare to say better because after all, our faboty is our
fatboy :)

Highlights of the show to me were Have a Cigar (the solo was just perfect), Sheep,
The Great Gig in the Sky (March 18th performance sounded a bit better to me) and
Us & Them. Man, Us & Them is just great, a huge emotional charge.

About the recording itself, i spent like an hour moving the antenna to the right position,
i felt paranoid about it cos you can hear a bit of interference during Speak To Me, but
then it disapear, and it's the only moment where you will hear something disturbing. Except
for this small interference on StM, it sounds spotless. According to dan it sounds great.

Also, the DJs were kindly enough, they only talk at the beginning of the songs, or in between
songs better said, and leave the song itself speechless, and no radio ID either. Most noticeable
on the Dark Side of the Moon set where they didnt annoyed at all with their comments.... an example
is that from Money to the very End of Eclipse, broadcast is speechless.

So a big thanks to danlynch and kudos to him for puting this thing together and releasing it
for all of you.

I hope you enjoy this recording as much as i did.

cheers,

gbc

jj_manners
2007-03-20, 02:01 AM
hey dan, thanks to you for all the work on the release. I just now can only hope and cross my fingers for Roger touring again in a couple of years. And, if i can dream, why not a Wall tour? Surely 2 years ago we never imagine that he was gonna tour the dark side of the moon... so... a Wall tour 2009 conmemoring the 30th anniversary? Why not... he has the enough technology and the enough money to do it. And we all will buy the tickets! So if a Wall tour happens in 2009, plz remember to send me money lol :D

danlynch
2007-03-20, 05:54 PM
I believe g_b_c was working on the art, so you might want to contact him, Ed.
As you know, I think your artwork is outstanding, as is the work of the other main PRS contributor octopus, so please get involved!

fatoldpig
2007-03-20, 06:33 PM
Thanks gbc & Dan for taping and sharing. :p
where/who's sharing the 48k version?

Jujufloyd
2007-03-20, 08:01 PM
I am listening to it right now...
This is THE recording from that DSOTM tour. The very best, for sure. Sound is almost perfect.
The band IS perfect !

Thanks a million to gbc and to Danlynch for this awesome RoIO !! :)

danlynch
2007-03-20, 08:48 PM
Thanks gbc & Dan for taping and sharing. :p
where/who's sharing the 48k version?

48k files are completed, just have to be tracked and flac'd.
Look for them in my hub share in the next day or two.
You can find me in the pinkroioshn hub or the In Floyd We Trust hub.

fatoldpig
2007-03-20, 08:51 PM
48k files are completed, just have to be tracked and flac'd.
Look for them in my hub share in the next day or two.
You can find me in the pinkroioshn hub or the In Floyd We Trust hub.

awesome :D

Talula
2007-03-21, 12:56 AM
A very dream come true....Thanx for uploading the concert!...
Never forget those 2 Happiest Days of my life!...
An amazing show, sound and visuals never shown...No one could ever do something greater than that...It was something really huge, out of this planet, out of this world....
Thanx everybody who was in charge of all the concert, thanx the organizers (it was really organized the intrance, and everything), and of course thanx RW and band, for giving me the best nights I ever had...

Cheers, and hope to have them here soon, once again...

cheznouss
2007-03-21, 02:43 AM
Wonderful !!!! Thanks a lot.

I was there for the two shows and it was a magical experience.
Both shows were filmed by Argentinian Chanel TELEFE.

I hope someone is able to get a pre-broadcast copy just like it happened with U2.

Quality will be much better than cable (PAL) and Direct TV (NTSC) broadcasts.

Thanks again to the people who recorded and uploaded this gem

Chez

PD: I have been looking for an alternative recording of the 2002 FM broadcast of the Buenos Aires show for years. The one that we all know is very noisy because of the poor reception of the broadcast. Maybe this is the right place to ask.

CAMOPEO
2007-03-21, 05:34 PM
Thanks for the recording ......FANTASTIC SHOW !!!!!

Pixs taken at show ....

If you need more resolution , email me ....or download from dime with small clip from date 18

jj_manners
2007-03-21, 07:14 PM
Thanks Y ppl for not critizice the DJ chatting and taking this release for what it is. This is the right place to be always. Thanks to you for accepting this and confirm me that what i'm doing is ok. cheers.

danlynch
2007-03-21, 07:27 PM
I think its important to realize that the Y is really the central point for Pink Floyd downloads on the web at this point. We basically have brought together the hubs (PRS and IFWT), the clubs, the mailing lists, the fan sites and all other assorted Floydians, and given them an opportunity to have first access to the best and newest sources for Floyd.

The problem with the Dime is that among thousands of solid music fans, you have small pockets of malcontents and casual collectors who do not quite realize the difficulties of acquiring and producing high quality Floyd material.

But ultimately Luis, the truth is in the numbers. Between all the trackers that have offered this roio, there are now in the range of about 1000 downloads, and really only a handful of naysayers.

jj_manners
2007-03-21, 08:33 PM
Thanks for the recording ......FANTASTIC SHOW !!!!!

Pixs taken at show ....

If you need more resolution , email me ....

hey man, thanks a lot for this, but could you post it with better resolution? That would be fine. Thanks for the work :)

te acordas de mi? :) gustavo me dijo de los shows, buenisimo :)

peche
2007-03-23, 01:35 PM
Someone told me that today (friday 23th) at 21:30 (Argentina time) FM Kabul will be broadcasting the show again, but without the hosts commentary. I donīt have the skills nor the equipment, but maybe someone can record it :D

Thanks
pd: iīm not sure about this, i havenīt heard the radio myself

jj_manners
2007-03-23, 01:43 PM
really? well i'll be checking and if they are broadcasting again i'll tape again. thanks for the info.

Arvid
2007-03-23, 05:49 PM
This recording sounds great... I believe I had a different version of this with a jingle every once in a while, going "Forturo, forturo, forturo" (or something like that).

Is that correct? Because if so, I'll replace that bootleg with this far superior one.

jj_manners
2007-03-23, 06:46 PM
This recording sounds great... I believe I had a different version of this with a jingle every once in a while, going "Forturo, forturo, forturo" (or something like that).

Is that correct? Because if so, I'll replace that bootleg with this far superior one.

well, the 'Futuro' jingle is from the chilenean radio, so in any case, you have a gig from Chile not from Argentina. Now which date do you have? The gig from 2002 or the recent show from 2007? cheers.

jj_manners
2007-03-24, 05:42 AM
at dime was shared a loseless version of that prefm:)

well i read on the thread at dime that that version is lossy too (the one called 'The Happiest Night of our Lives').

rushrules03
2007-03-24, 07:16 PM
well i read on the thread at dime that that version is lossy too (the one called 'The Happiest Night of our Lives').Yeah it's lossy. Someone just posted Spectral Analysis graphs on the dime thread.

danlynch
2007-03-28, 01:55 PM
The rebroadcast was the same as the original broadcast, announcers and all.

Sebazo
2007-04-11, 03:22 PM
It was the BEST SHOW i ever atended to!!!!
The "Time" version was excellent... Graham Broad is a God...
And The Killer played really great all the solos... almost a gilmour-style :)
The only bad thing was that Snowy White was really poor that night... nothing interesting came from his Les Paul... like he was trying to play the notes correctly and nothing else.

Everything else was just perfect.... PERFECT.
The Screen, the song selection, musicians, singing... everything.