PDA

View Full Version : Vote For My Next Torrent Upload

Beechwoods
04-04-2007, 08:03 PM
I've an urge to share another 'Not Very Circulated Radio Thing' shortly and I need some help to decide what to go with first... all need to be transferred from cassettes (Maxell XLII-S / TDK SA90) and so will take a little bit of time and effort. Your help to prioritise would be useful!

I figured we might have a bit of a vote to sort the wheat from the chaff.

In chronological order...

1. 1977-05-xx "In Search Of Pink Floyd" KWST-FM US Radio 'Non-Interview" with the Band. c. 45 minutes feature where KWST try and track down Pink Floyd for an interview, but don't strike it too lucky. They get to speak to their many friends, associates, crew, but seem to miss their chance to speak with the band at every turn... A real curiosity. Unknown gen, but quite listenable. Typical for a rare one-off broadcast from 1977.

2. 1978-12-xx "The Pringle" CHUM-FM c. 85 minutes. Interviews with Rick and Dave. Again unknown gen, same sort of quality recording as above. Fill's that very quiet year of 1978 with something a little bit interesting!

3. 1994-10-15 BBC Radio 1: Johnnie Walker "Johnnie Talks To Pink Floyd". I think both Nick and Dave; my own off-air master. Perfect quality etc. c. 60 minutes.

4. 1996-08-18 "The Sixties At The Beeb" BBC Radio 2. 10 minutes of Floyd specific content. A rebroadcast of "Julia Dream" with full John Peel intro from the 1968-08-11 Top Gear broadcast. Not timed the whole show but it spans 3 45 minute tape sides, so around 2 hours for the full documentary, including other stuff from the BBC's 60's archives; the Beatles etc...

So watcha want??! My votes for #1 :D

Beechwoods
04-07-2007, 08:07 AM
Well it looks like 1978-12-xx has taken a clear lead, so I'll start transferring that... but voting closes on Monday so make sure you vote especially if you're after something else!

GroovingPict
04-07-2007, 03:10 PM
Well it looks like 1978-12-xx has taken a clear lead, so I'll start transferring that... but voting closes on Monday so make sure you vote especially if you're after something else!

A clear lead with only 6 votes cast? ;) patience man

Beechwoods
04-07-2007, 03:18 PM
Just trying to create a sense of excitement, GP!! :rolleyes:

Now it's getting interesting!