PDA

View Full Version : Can't upload torrent :-(

digallfloyd
2006-07-21, 06:26 PM
I've been trying to upload the Gilmour 8/6/84 Chicago audio as someone requested it, I messed it up first time, I normally used the free bittorrent software, so I changed it to Utorrent as in the faq it said this works best with windows, but I'm still getting "error torrent already on tracker" even though I deleted the post. Any help much appreciated thanks :-)

KoolKat
2006-07-21, 07:49 PM
Add something to the txt notes & slightly change the torrent name.
Then remake the torrent & try again.It should work then as the hash will be different :)

K_K

PS:...for people reading & wondering.

Don't forget to tick the private box in u-torrent when making the torrent or you will not be able to upload to the tracker.
Then download from the board the torrent you upped & seed from that one...
not the one you made and upped ok ;)

digallfloyd
2006-07-21, 10:21 PM
Thanks KK you the man :)

Sabrinak
2006-08-20, 05:22 AM
i'm going mad! for 2 days no progress what should I do I have to watch Roger the Genius at Cork please someone hhhhh :mad: heeeeellllllpppppppp.

I've been trying to upload the Gilmour 8/6/84 Chicago
audio as someone requested it, I messed it up first time, I normally used the free bittorrent software, so I changed it to Utorrent as in the faq it said this works best with windows, but I'm still getting "error torrent already on tracker" even though I deleted the post. Any help much appreciated thanks :-)

KoolKat
2006-08-20, 10:14 AM
i'm going mad! for 2 days no progress what should I do I have to watch Roger the Genius at Cork please someone hhhhh :mad: heeeeellllllpppppppp.
How is yours the same problem?
He wanted to upload a torrent.Your problem is that you want to download yes?

OK,
Install Mozilla Firefox browser and make it default browser.
Log out and back in using Mozilla's browser
Then download your torrent using Mozilla's browser and keep the browser open when you start the torrent in your torrent client.
All will/should be hunky dory then because Mozilla will send the tracker your "real" I.P and thats what the tracker is looking for.

K_K