PDA

View Full Version : Flaming Lips perform Dark Side of the Moon

elmj001
2012-08-30, 09:25 AM
Did anyone catch this? Blasphemy, I tell you. I had to dvr this to check it out. I gave it a chance. What a pile. They should be called "The Flaming Shitbags"! I threw up a little bit in my mouth.

newyorkpf
2012-08-30, 11:30 AM
You mean the record from a few years ago? I quite like it. Their versions of Time and Brain Damage/Eclipse are outstanding. The rendition of Money not so much, however.

Did the Reggae-version make you throw up more?

elmj001
2012-08-30, 02:58 PM
It was live onstage from some festival. They did an album? Ugh! If u like the raggae one, try Blue Floyd, it's bluegrass. Horrendous I say!

Grotesque
2012-08-30, 03:03 PM
If you even like Bluegrass or recognise it as a genre... you deserve everything you get :p

elmj001
2012-08-30, 07:01 PM
All three are steaming piles!

DrPhibes
2012-08-31, 01:51 AM
No matter how many songs I hear that I just hate, I'll never understand why people are such bigots about music.

Okay, you don't like bluegrass. That's neither a defect on your part nor on the part of those that get into it.

Okay, you don't like The Flaming Lips. That's neither a defect on your part nor on the part of those that get into it.

and so on.

I saw Blue Floyd at a show. I wouldn't call it bluegrass. It was pretty good, but some tracks didn't speak to me at all.