PDA

View Full Version : Has anybody ever heard of this?

MarchingHammers
2006-07-23, 09:20 AM
I was browsing through ebay and I came upon a DVD that has recently been released. It's called Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here

Here is a link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Pink-Floyd-Wish-You-Were-Here-DVD-NEW_W0QQitemZ130008287183QQihZ003QQcategoryZ617QQr dZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Movie descriptionThis film goes inside and behind WISH YOU WERE HERE, Pink Floyd's 1975 follow-up album to the monstrously successful DARK SIDE OF THE MOON, and shows the band's artistic progression after the sound and fury of sudden superstardom. The album--in particular the song "Shine On You Crazy Diamond"--was a tribute to their lost leader, Syd Barrett (who famously burnt out in an LSD-induced nervous breakdown). This release features footage of Pink Floyd on tour for the album, and also uses interviews and critical analysis to better understand this crucial moment in the band's history.

CreditsCast:Pink Floyd

moonwall
2006-07-23, 10:19 AM
Yes, I got it. Same concept as "The making of DSOTM" and same interviews as always in recent DVD's.

MOB
2006-07-28, 04:23 PM
Be careful with those kind of "critical review" DVD!
There's almost no stuff with Floyd, the interviews are done with people not involved with the band, they just give their useless comments.

On the other hand, the Making of DSOTM ("Classic Albums" DVD) is a BBC documentary which is excellent, and features explanations by the band members themselves, and interesting archival footage.

There are good documentaries (the 2001 Omnibus documentary about PF & Syd Barrett history, the 2003 Classic Album DSOTM), but the rest is full of crap ("critical reviews" for AHM, WYWH, The Wall......).

Avoid this later category like the plague!

MOB

Stampy
2006-07-29, 12:31 AM
There are good documentaries (the 2001 Omnibus documentary about PF & Syd Barrett history)

MOB

Which was repeated on Thursday night on BBC... :rolleyes:

spunkster
2006-08-13, 01:34 PM
Yes, they are Crap.

But could anyone one here point me in the direction of a cover AHM as I would still like a cover for it.

Thanx.