PDA

View Full Version : Love the new Functionality

Beechwoods
2013-02-04, 07:30 PM
I'm liking the new functionality!

I like the Seeder rewards system and the ability to exchange this for ratio. That will really encourage long term seeding on otherwise less popular torrents.

I also like the ability to gift ratio to friends. Haven't used either yet but I can see they will be popular.

It's also good to be able to look in your profile and see a view of Activity for Friends. All great stuff to keep the Community side of things going :)

Oh and I like the Mobile skin. Great for keeping up with things on the move.

Nice one guys!

MyLittleCornmuffin
2013-02-04, 09:00 PM
I'm excited to explore the new things we have in store here! I'm happy Y is back.

One thing I'm going to moan about, though, is that as a relative newbie, most of my uploading seems to have been flushed away, so that my carefully growing ratio (I think it was at least 0.60, which with my rather poor uploading ability was quite good) is now decimated to 0.01, and shows a lot of downloading that I now have to work hard to compensate for. Ah well. Time, time; patience, patience!

Good to be back! :)

PatGoD67
2013-02-04, 09:55 PM
One thing I'm going to moan about, though, is that as a relative newbie, most of my uploading seems to have been flushed away, so that my carefully growing ratio (I think it was at least 0.60, which with my rather poor uploading ability was quite good) is now decimated to 0.01, and shows a lot of downloading that I now have to work hard to compensate for

That's the joys of a seedpoint system - the longer you seed, the more points you earn. The more points you earn, the larger the traffic you can exchange it for! So your ratio can grow without the need for leechers! I hope the seedpoint system will be a permanent feature, especially if you're U/L speed is anything like mine (*ahem* *ahem* MODS *ahem* :) )

MyLittleCornmuffin
2013-02-04, 10:58 PM
That's the joys of a seedpoint system - the longer you seed, the more points you earn. The more points you earn, the larger the traffic you can exchange it for! So your ratio can grow without the need for leechers! I hope the seedpoint system will be a permanent feature, especially if you're U/L speed is anything like mine (*ahem* *ahem* MODS *ahem* :) )

Interesting! I'll have to figure this out. For now, though, I'll just have to cringe as I imagine others judging me for my extremely poor sharing ratio! ;)

y2000jas
2013-02-05, 04:45 AM
I had recently suggested implementing a "free leech" system like other trackers have.

This version of the software has it, but when I went to make my two Blu-ray Disc uploads in December free leech, I couldn't find a button for it. Maybe they have yet to implement it; maybe they're gonna ditch it; maybe you'll have to ask a mod to do it. I dunno.

y2000jas
2013-02-05, 04:59 AM
One thing I'm going to moan about, though, is that as a relative newbie, most of my uploading seems to have been flushed away, so that my carefully growing ratio (I think it was at least 0.60, which with my rather poor uploading ability was quite good) is now decimated to 0.01, and shows a lot of downloading that I now have to work hard to compensate for. Ah well. Time, time; patience, patience!

I just gave you 14 gigs (not shows, the byte-type). So problem solved, you're back at .64 ratio. Welcome to the site. I look forward to you being a responsible member here.

Beechwoods
2013-02-05, 10:22 AM
Wow! Now that really is the Yeeshkul spirit!

MyLittleCornmuffin
2013-02-05, 11:37 AM
I just gave you 14 gigs (not shows, the byte-type). So problem solved, you're back at .64 ratio. Welcome to the site. I look forward to you being a responsible member here.

Wow! That's very sweet of you! Thank you! :)

It's kind of funny, because I left my few torrents seeding as I went off to work, and came back to see a huge increase in ratio, thought, "Holy cow! I did it!" then noticed I had a personal message...!

This is a very gesture, and I muchly appreciate the spirit in which you giveth. I will make it a project for myself to in turn do a good deed for someone else, as I travel down the Y road!

Now to see if uploading (since there's much missing since December) will work now....

tjmack
2013-02-05, 12:29 PM
Yeah it's a neat idea - making a ratio gift - as long as it doesn't encourage begging ;)

Beechwoods
2013-02-05, 02:07 PM
Lol! Heaven forbid. "Remember the lesson of giving" :)

Maybe a 'free-leech' period might help members who feel they've lost out during the site outage, catch up a bit. I must admit for me I've made sure I've put enough distance between my upload and download ratios not to worry about things, though its a shame the 'Thanks' I gave and accumulated over the initial seed period of my last 5 torrents were lost, and the stats on 'completed' downloads for those. I know though in 6 months it will all be history :)

y2000jas
2013-02-07, 02:35 AM
There is a new button, which has recently appeared near the top of the page called "Contribute".

I hope that others will join me in testing this new button, you know, to make sure that it works, and all. :D

TJ: Looks like you've had some late nights. Get some sleep already, brother!

PS: It has recently been revealed to me that TJ's true identity must be "Thomas Jefferson", and you can quote me on that.:p
Gentleman/Scholar/Statesman

Straw
2013-02-07, 05:11 AM
The donation button does indeed work.

I've now transformed from a sponge creature to a somewhat higher form of life, perhaps a dog, maybe a sheep or even a pig.

MyLittleCornmuffin
2013-02-07, 05:55 AM
There is a new button, which has recently appeared near the top of the page called "Contribute".

I hope that others will join me in testing this new button, you know, to make sure that it works, and all. :D

PS: It has recently been revealed to me that TJ's true identity must be "Tomas Jefferson", and you can quote me on that.:p

Once I get my PayPal account updated (it's time for a new credit card!), I will be clicking on that button. I think it's only fair, considering all the sweat and tears and blood and all that that's going into this site! :)

ETA: PS - y2000jas - see my ratio now? :)

tjmack
2013-02-07, 08:26 PM

PS: It has recently been revealed to me that TJ's true identity must be "Tomas Jefferson", and you can quote me on that.:p

1. You need to empty your PM box here.
2. Is your AOL address still valid? The server's getting bounced emails.
3. It's "Thomas".

y2000jas
2013-02-07, 11:47 PM
1. You need to empty your PM box here.
2. Is your AOL address still valid? The server's getting bounced emails.
3. It's "Thomas".

Hi TJ,

To respond:

1) I should have had four empty slots in my PM boxes for both of my IDs. I just cleared some stuff out and each shows half empty/full at 25 messages.
2) AOL addr is working. I received the PayPal receipt and your "thank you" message and I just now sent a test message from another account and it arrived pretty quickly, so not sure why you're getting NDR's. BTW, the AOL account is my spam account that I use to sign-up for websites and make on-line purchases. I don't check it unless I'm expecting someting. Instead of setting up a forwarding rule, I'm just gonna PM you my main email address for future reference.
3) Good point; I fixed it!
4) I hope I haven't pissed you off in any way. I'm genuinely trying to be helpful with my posts with a bit of humor, typically in the form of word play, thrown in to amuse myself. Sometimes when I'm drunk I post stuff I prolly shouldn't, but I usually have enough sence to go back and edit it (don't wanna get banned).
5) Please delete this post once you've read it (or I can once I know you have). Probably shouldn't be cluttering up this thread.

--Jas

kardyl
2013-02-08, 03:41 AM
The "Contribute" button does indeed work - I used it yesterday after many years of thinking (maybe a wording thing - I have never really liked "Donate")

The "Seed Points is what confuses me - how they work and what they represent.

I currently have 5441.80 - which I think is cool - but then I see someone like ******* - who has seeded a fair chunk more than me and is a bunch more active and knowledgeable and "productive" member of Y! - and yet he only has 65.20 seed points - this I don't understand!!

I also like the personal torrents and completed stats for each member - it surprised me to see how many times the torrents I have shared have been completed.

Thanks TJ and et all - for the work you have done - and continue to do for this/our community.

y1999jas
2013-02-09, 09:31 AM
I've now transformed from a sponge creature to a somewhat higher form of life, perhaps a dog, maybe a sheep or even a pig.

That's pretty funny, now that I get the metaphor and Animals album reference. Sadly it took me a few days. :o

ravingandrooling
2013-02-14, 09:37 PM
Love the new functionality and appreciate all the work you've put into getting the site back up, debugging etc. I noticed a "free leach" icon on the main page down by the 30 latest torrents. I know another tracker which makes recordings or masters shared by the taper "free leach". Any thoughts to that here?

tjmack
2013-02-18, 03:47 AM
Love the new functionality and appreciate all the work you've put into getting the site back up, debugging etc. I noticed a "free leach" icon on the main page down by the 30 latest torrents. I know another tracker which makes recordings or masters shared by the taper "free leach". Any thoughts to that here?

I need to test it out to see how it works first.

One thing is for sure - the first 'Free Leech' torrent here will be Pink Floyd related.

y1999jas
2013-02-20, 03:10 AM
That's good news, TJ.

And in all fairness, maybe PF related should be the ONLY torrents allowed to be "free leech". Otherwise people like me will put up free leech torrents of their friend's band in order to promote it. I'd actually like to do that, but I'm guessing you'd frown upon it.

On another important note: Before you implement automatic banning of uberleechers, please have a period of time for an education campaign, preferably in the "site news and notices" section, as well as the help and FAQ section so that members can leverage their seed points to help their ratio. The reason I ask this is because a long-time member who recently helped me with a reseed has a ratio that is too low. He seeds many torrents and has a lot of seed points. I PM'd him to give him the advice. It'd be ashame for him to get banned when so easily avoidable, especially considering that it is for this very reason that seed points were invented in the first place.