PDA

View Full Version : Echoes Hub :(

homegrown
2014-02-11, 12:20 PM
Hi guys, firstly i would like to say a big hello to everyone as i havnt been around here in years, life has a funny habit of getting in the way.
:bounce::bounce::bounce:

I joined the EchoesHub yesterday from my home pc, everything was going swimmingly so i thought to myself late that night that i would install the software and connect from my work pc also.
This was done last night and started grabbing a few shows here in my office. I popped out for a phone call and when i came back i had found that i had been kicked from the hub and made non connectable for 2 hours... HHmmmnnn i thought, then i noticed a tab from Marooned with the message,
"Kicked for - Get rid of your f****ng mp3s you loser".
Wow, what a ways to talk to someone you dont know. Ok so fair enough i forgot to remove a folder with 1 converted show in mp3, surely that would warrant a warning??
OK so i am happy to go with that warning, i thought to myself i would cool down and not respond in a slap hazzard fashion becuse that comment really urked me good.So i left it for the night.
So we get to this morning, and with fresh vigour i switch on my pc at work and log in to DC++ only to find i have been banned permenantly.....WTF???
Has any one else here ever had that sort of treatrment?? or is there something i could do about it? Better still are there any other Floyd hubs that are up and running?
I tried joining IFWT hub though i have not heard back from them yet.
All the best HG.

homegrown
2014-02-11, 12:23 PM
IFWT has got back to me...
Thanks A_L

ravingandrooling
2014-02-11, 01:37 PM
I joined the Echoes hub a few years back for a short period of time. Didn't take long for the person who runs it to show what an a**hole he is. Left shortly after joining. :rolleyes: Much nicer people at IFWT.

homegrown
2014-02-11, 01:41 PM
I joined the Echoes hub a few years back for a short period of time. Didn't take long for the person who runs it to show what an a**hole he is. Left shortly after joining. :rolleyes: Much nicer people at IFWT.

Thankyou, i'm glad to see that i wasnt being the doosh then. People skills must be expensive then eh? lol

josh8085
2014-02-11, 02:19 PM
Thankyou, i'm glad to see that i wasnt being the doosh then. People skills must be expensive then eh? lol
Yes I too had a similar experience about 8 years ago, the guy there was so impatient and ****ing rude! I was a total newb as far as pc use,there was a girl in the conversation that did remonstrate with this prick so they're not all the same,but I was left fuming but quite upset as this was to do with Floyd and I hadn't come across you guys here as yet, so you could imagine! So **** 'em!!!
Sorry for the profanity,this really got me mad!

homegrown
2014-02-11, 02:57 PM
Yes I too had a similar experience about 8 years ago, the guy there was so impatient and ****ing rude! I was a total newb as far as pc use,there was a girl in the conversation that did remonstrate with this prick so they're not all the same,but I was left fuming but quite upset as this was to do with Floyd and I hadn't come across you guys here as yet, so you could imagine! So **** 'em!!!
Sorry for the profanity,this really got me mad!

Yeah Josh, to say i was ripping was an understatement hehe...so so promising... oh well. :p

Eckoes
2014-02-11, 05:01 PM
Similar experience with the Echoes hub. Was permanently banned without warning. When I asked for explanation, whoever was in charge acted like a complete douchebag and proceeded to insult me and my whole family. :jawdrop: I know there are great members there, really nice people, but some admins at the time were total ass*****. Sad to see things haven't changed.

You are much better at IFWT.

dazzler
2014-02-11, 05:35 PM
Same here, banned for life after having a heated disscussion (well full blown argument) with several of the ops, all because i didn't update my share as often as they wanted, **** em

nipote
2014-02-11, 05:44 PM
Unfortunately IFWT hub is down, but ask to Orangemaze or A_L to join to PRS hub.

P.S. I'm permanentely banned fron Echoes hub too, and I never know why, but not important, shit is shit :D

homegrown
2014-02-11, 06:07 PM
Similar experience with the Echoes hub. Was permanently banned without warning. When I asked for explanation, whoever was in charge acted like a complete douchebag and proceeded to insult me and my whole family. :jawdrop: I know there are great members there, really nice people, but some admins at the time were total ass*****. Sad to see things haven't changed.

You are much better at IFWT.

Well that's certainly the loving compassionate side i seen of him anyhow!! :D

It really is such a shame though as there was lovely well documented shares available.:drool::drool:

homegrown
2014-02-11, 06:08 PM
Unfortunately IFWT hub is down, but ask to Orangemaze or A_L to join to PRS hub.

P.S. I'm permanentely banned fron Echoes hub too, and I never know why, but not important, shit is shit :D

Thanks nipote, appreciate the heads up.:bounce::bounce:

homegrown
2014-02-11, 09:49 PM
Thanks to all, i have managed to access PRS and it is everything i could've hoped for.:yourock::worthy:

Pottel
2014-02-11, 11:09 PM
nothing on there anyways that cannot be found in the pinkroioshn hub, rather the other way round.

Preclipse
2014-02-12, 12:20 AM
This might be a good place to ask: is there anything on PRS that can't (at one time or another) be found on Y! I've tried to get started on hubs a couple times but didn't get the hang of it.

Arnold_Layne
2014-02-12, 12:27 AM
This might be a good place to ask: is there anything on PRS that can't (at one time or another) be found on Y! I've tried to get started on hubs a couple times but didn't get the hang of it.

Probably not. But there's pros and cons. One of the pros is every show is almost always available at anytime. Here if a show isn't being seeded, someone has to request someone to re-seed. This can be tough for newcomers just getting into live Pink Floyd. Torrents are better for new material to spread quickly. Hubs are great for archives.

A_L

nipote
2014-02-12, 12:30 AM
Probably not. But there's pros and cons. One of the pros is every show is almost always available at anytime. Here if a show isn't being seeded, someone has to request someone to re-seed. This can be tough for newcomers just getting into live Pink Floyd. Torrents are better for new material to spread quickly. Hubs are great for archives.

A_L

Amen.
I'm sharing now only 4,9 TB of stuff on PRS ;)

tjmack
2014-02-12, 02:09 AM
I've said this before but I'll say again, if it wasn't for the DC hubs most of the BT trackers we have today would never have had existed - certainly Y wouldn't have been here without the help from PRS, IFWT and (grudgingly) Echoes.

The problem with DC though is that hubs rely on a core of good, loyal members with lots of bandwidth to spare (much more so than BT), to be online pretty much 24/7, both to service and make use of those archive needs That's becoming increasingly difficult to do on a home connection as running costs soar and bandwidth controls tighten.

That problem in BT has partly been solved with the advent of seedboxes. The BT trackers have pretty much always been hosted remotely. DC could do with a similar solution - cheap remote server packages on which you could install a DC server and client - or whatever.

MarchingHammers
2014-02-12, 03:41 AM
I was a member there off and on for a little while years ago. I noticed a few admins/ops/whatever you may call them (won't name any names) were a little harsh towards those who just signed up and joined the hub. I must admit I was probably one of a few who never got harassed or kicked/banned for any reason while I was on there.

My observation is this.. unless you have a connection with a lightning fast upload you won't last long at the Echoes hub. It's okay to give back but some peoples patience wears thin rather quickly. Once I got involved with torrenting I ditched the hubs and just came here.

-MH

homegrown
2014-02-12, 08:42 AM
Thanks to everyone whom replied, i concur and agree with all the points made here. PRS so far has offered everything and more, i could be there 24/7 just with A_L, Nipote and Pottels share .
This is the reason i fell in love with Y in the first place, genuine honest people with nothing to gain except that warm fuzzy feeling that you have done something right :) :worthy: