PDA

View Full Version : moon landing '69...are the new ones PF ?

minehead
2006-07-26, 06:41 AM
So this is sourced from a vinyl boot, that's a given...I hear a monophonic synth on track 3 , and that is highly unusual if not impossible for 1969...yes, it sounds like something that PF would improv, but the only reliable source is Povey/Russell and they have PF down for a 5 min track at that BBC session.
I have Vernon Fitch's tape trading list from the late 80's and there is no mention of anything other than "Moonhead" for that date...I would imagine that if a booter pressed vinyl of Pink Floyd when vinyl was the only medium, this would have been in circulation long ago...this is possibly just the BBC's contribution to the program, possibly released on one of their own library albums...it would be nice to know the full story, can someone upload the entire 4 track piece ? Does the full band play on anything other than "Moonhead" ? Thanks. :confused:

maliciousduke
2006-07-28, 06:40 PM
The Moonhead Is A Full Floyd Performance Available On Other Boots Around, Not To Common.... But The Other 3 Tracks I Loaded Were On This Same Old Tape And Listed Them As Space Landing 1969.....not Sure The Real Date On The Moonhead Recording But 2,3,4 From That Are Actually From The Director Of Pompeii And Is Floyd Related But Not Floyd.......sorry For The Misunderstandings But Thats The Info I Had And Thought It Was Floyd My Self!.....it Was 2 Good To Be True For Me To Really Have Had Something Rare Noone Else Had......ive Got Alot Of Other Very Uncommon Stuff Watch Out For My New Posts!

minehead
2006-08-06, 10:31 PM
The Moonhead Is A Full Floyd Performance Available On Other Boots Around, Not To Common.... But The Other 3 Tracks I Loaded Were On This Same Old Tape And Listed Them As Space Landing 1969.....not Sure The Real Date On The Moonhead Recording But 2,3,4 From That Are Actually From The Director Of Pompeii And Is Floyd Related But Not Floyd.......sorry For The Misunderstandings But Thats The Info I Had And Thought It Was Floyd My Self!.....it Was 2 Good To Be True For Me To Really Have Had Something Rare Noone Else Had......ive Got Alot Of Other Very Uncommon Stuff Watch Out For My New Posts!

I found the "Early Flights" vols. 1-9 on the Hub, and those tracks are from the Magritte piece that RW worked on...at least two of those pieces are from the 3 "new" tracks. These "new" pieces have a monophonic synth which didn't exist in 1969...

minehead
2006-08-07, 12:27 AM

I can't make sense of what you're trying to say, but the tracks reported as "new" tracks from the '69 moon landing are from the Margritte soundtrack. It is fully documented by Vernon Fitch, Povey/Russell, by the BBC and by the fact that the very same tracks appear on 2 Floyd compilations, the "Treeful" being the definitive source.

You cannot make claims such as these in a forum of serious Floyd archivists and not be called on it. The evidence is overwhelming that the tracks are from the Magritte soundtrack.

minehead
2006-08-07, 12:32 AM
I can't make sense of what you're trying to say, but the tracks reported as "new" tracks from the '69 moon landing are from the Margritte soundtrack. It is fully documented by Vernon Fitch, Povey/Russell, by the BBC and by the fact that the very same tracks appear on 2 Floyd compilations, the "Treeful" being the definitive source.

You cannot make claims such as these in a forum of serious Floyd archivists and not be called on it. The evidence is overwhelming that the tracks are from the Magritte soundtrack.

I just reread your note and you mentioned Adrian Maben ?? What does he have to do with the '69 moon landing ? Please get a collectors guide to PF, you sound like you're in with a bunch of people who are new to Floyd collecting.
I ask you to find the 17 CD Treeful for a definitive collection of Floyd rarities, please get "edjumacated"...before posting more disinformation...

HourCandle
2006-08-11, 03:13 PM
This looks like the old LP I have somewhere in the attic, but can't first right now. Corrision or some obscure other title that escapes my mind right now. And it had Moonhead and other titles on it. Does this make any sense ? I can't connect to pf-db.com today so can't look there either...

Piet

goldenband
2006-08-11, 03:38 PM
Here's the LP (http://www.pf-roio.de/roio/roio-lp/wavelengths.lp.html) that you're thinking of, Piet. It's called "Wavelengths", and according to the RoIO-db, Side 2 contains three tracks composed by Adrian Maben. I'd imagine the odds are good that the tape torrented here comes from "Wavelengths". This also explains the original seeder's confusion.

HourCandle
2006-09-09, 11:12 PM
Here's the LP (http://www.pf-roio.de/roio/roio-lp/wavelengths.lp.html) that you're thinking of, Piet. It's called "Wavelengths", and according to the RoIO-db, Side 2 contains three tracks composed by Adrian Maben. I'd imagine the odds are good that the tape torrented here comes from "Wavelengths". This also explains the original seeder's confusion.

Funny, this is my own roio-lp entry from the days I was very active on that part. The term RoIO had not been invented too long before by some friends back at Echoes ;-)
I really have to dig deep to find those LP's again. I have one with similar artwork, called Lost In The Corridors.

Thanks for refreshing a dark part of my brain :D
Piet

minehead
2006-09-21, 06:30 AM
This looks like the old LP I have somewhere in the attic, but can't first right now. Corrision or some obscure other title that escapes my mind right now. And it had Moonhead and other titles on it. Does this make any sense ? I can't connect to pf-db.com today so can't look there either...

Piet
one of mt first my vinyl boots was "Circus Days" and it had 4 tracks, "You've Gotta' Be Crazy" and "Raving & Drooling" from Trenthem Gardens '74 and "Corrosion"(Moonhead) and "Blues"...MH is a cool track, I had no idea where they had pulled it from, there are some sources of it that sound very lo-fi, the Circus Days version is very nice, I should dig it out and compare the track times...