PDA

View Full Version : hello everyone!

pkrl5758
2014-10-29, 09:37 AM
Hello everyone!

I was told about this site by my very good friend. I am an old type trader, if you take my meaning; did lots of trade in old fashion, exchanging tapes and blanks for many years but had to stop for awhile because of personal reasons. My main interest is Pink Floyd and related, also some other prog acts: Zappa, Machavishnu Orchestra, Zorn, King Crimson, etc. During last twenty or so years I've collected mass of different tapes and sources and I am more than happy to check if newer, updated versions are available since lots of my own copies have no confirmed lineages (as they were dubbed from old reels and cassettes in 1980s and 1990s). I do my best to share anything that is not yet on the tracker to participate in the community. I am also curious if anyone of you have a contact with taper/trader named Alan. He comes from the US and he traded tapes (cassettes actually). He dubbed his copies on Maxell cassettes and eventually transferred them to hard drive and then made some CDR copies. Unfortunately, I lost his email/contact. Does anyone of you is aware of this collector/trader? He got some really interesting recordings in the collection (I can attach a copy of his trade list if needed).

Anyway, thanks again for such a great place!

Pablo

ravingandrooling
2014-10-29, 02:27 PM
Hi Pablo.

:bigwelcome: to the Machine

gotta_be_crazy
2014-10-29, 02:41 PM
Hello everyone!

I was told about this site by my very good friend. I am an old type trader, if you take my meaning; did lots of trade in old fashion, exchanging tapes and blanks for many years but had to stop for awhile because of personal reasons. My main interest is Pink Floyd and related, also some other prog acts: Zappa, Machavishnu Orchestra, Zorn, King Crimson, etc. During last twenty or so years I've collected mass of different tapes and sources and I am more than happy to check if newer, updated versions are available since lots of my own copies have no confirmed lineages (as they were dubbed from old reels and cassettes in 1980s and 1990s). I do my best to share anything that is not yet on the tracker to participate in the community. I am also curious if anyone of you have a contact with taper/trader named Alan. He comes from the US and he traded tapes (cassettes actually). He dubbed his copies on Maxell cassettes and eventually transferred them to hard drive and then made some CDR copies. Unfortunately, I lost his email/contact. Does anyone of you is aware of this collector/trader? He got some really interesting recordings in the collection (I can attach a copy of his trade list if needed).

Anyway, thanks again for such a great place!

Pablo

Hi there, and welcome. If you're interested, here you you will meet nice guys who own great equipment to run tape transfers.

cheers!