PDA

View Full Version : RIP: ravingandrooling

tjmack
2015-09-06, 09:59 PM
I've just been informed by MOB that Jeff, AKA ravingandrooling has succumbed to Brain Cancer.

My sincere condolences to his family.

Shine on, brother.

T.

P.S. I've been made aware that there's a GoFundMe link in order to raise funds to cover some expenses of Jeff's family:

http://www.gofundme.com/za2cmse6

Pottel
2015-09-06, 10:00 PM
**** man, just listening to shine on from brighton, as i got hit by the news by MOB.
yet another great guy, biting the dust.
RIP RD...

Pottel
2015-09-06, 10:03 PM
well written Ron.
already up in gone but not forgotten, still. nice words.

MOB
2015-09-06, 10:06 PM
Jeff was a great contributor to the whole trading community.
He did a lot of fantastic recordings and was always happy to share them and make other people discover some less-known bands he was into. Recently he converted me to The Aristocrats (he saw them 5 times this year).

We were "internet friends" since several years and I had the privilege to remaster some of his rough recordings at his requests.
He was a great guy, very generous. I will miss him.......

Rest in peace my friend

tjmack
2015-09-06, 10:14 PM
He was an absolute gent on the few occasions that we had communications.

Definitely a linchpin of Yeeshkul and the wider PF community.

TANSTAAFL!
2015-09-06, 10:21 PM
I was one of those who discovered more music through Jeff's uploads. RIP.

Roscoe59
2015-09-06, 10:44 PM
A very sad day as my good friend Jeff Post lost his battle with cancer. I sure wish he could have at least heard the first Gilmour show as I've been preparing a copy for him. Jeff was a great contributor to our community as both a taper and seeder. He always wore his beret to shows which had two mics popping out of the front and a cable running down the back and into his shirt. He had a great smile and was extremely generous. He was a good friend and I'm glad that we had a great time when he stayed with us for the Steven Wilson shows last June. I'm thankful that the end came pretty quickly for him.

He seemed to fear one thing more than death and that was being forgotten. I, for one, will never let that happen and neither should any of us ever forget our good friend Posty.

:'(

I love this picture I took of Jeff at the Steven Wilson show this past June. This is him "at work," recording the show for the rest of us.

http://i57.tinypic.com/ztuf81.jpg

nipote
2015-09-06, 11:03 PM
No words.
I know "ravingandrooling" I think since 2006, always kind person, nice and always ready to help in every little problem, generous.

My sincere condolences to his family.

kbrubaker
2015-09-06, 11:07 PM
This is him "at work," recording the show for the rest of us.

http://i57.tinypic.com/ztuf81.jpg[/QUOTE]

Awww, a sad day. Thanks for sharing the photo Ron. It's nice to finally associate a face with the name. It's a fitting tribute that he's busy at work.

nolte
2015-09-06, 11:14 PM
Aw man :(

Shine On ravingandrooling!

mooncusser
2015-09-06, 11:26 PM
Jeff was an instant friend when we met in 2010. He was witty, funny, smart and kind.

So very sad that he's passed. Thinking of his wife and family.

Shine on, buddy. Missing you already.

vegetableman33
2015-09-06, 11:39 PM
Did not know him personally, but from what I observed he was very passionate about music, was very generous, and was a very good friend. He gave alot to the community. I was not aware of his ailment, but he always seemed upbeat. RIP R&D, you will be missed and always remembered.

jaman57
2015-09-07, 12:09 AM
Very sad to lose a friend to the whole community. As Ron said, he will not be forgotten. RIP, Jeff.

emmapeelfan
2015-09-07, 12:34 AM
Jeff and I communicated a couple of times earlier this year when news of his illness came to light.

A brave, genuine and gracious guy who told me he was determined to carry on as long as he possibly could and that his illness would not stand in his way.

My condolences to his family and friends.

R.I.P. Jeff.

josh8085
2015-09-07, 12:48 AM
This SUCKS! I Loved this Guy's name'Raving and Drooling' and always wished I had it,his shares were always Great and filled my life with Joy as I Love All things Floydian! Seeing his Face in this post really touched me as it seems it has a lot of people, and I certainly will not forget this Guy! Love to His Family,Sorry! Paul.

tjmack
2015-09-07, 02:02 AM
I've already put this in the header post but...

I've been made aware that there's a GoFundMe link in order to raise funds to cover some expenses of Jeff's family:

http://www.gofundme.com/za2cmse6

oldpink
2015-09-07, 02:18 AM
Oh man! :(
Another one of the anchors of Yeeshkul! taken too soon.
Prayers to his family, and it's good to know what a great guy he really was.

siveld
2015-09-07, 03:20 AM
I have just made a small donation to the fundraiser for Jeff's family. I never knew the man other than from his posts here, but am touched by the sense of community his loss has generated.

MarchingHammers
2015-09-07, 04:50 AM
I'm like a few on here and can say with utmost regret that I never had the opportunity to know him. I've seen ravingandrooling contribute to this site since day one and set a great example for us all. My sincerest condolences to his family and friends. His contributions will never be forgotten and from what I read, he was a wonderful person that many had the privilege to know either personally or online.

Shine on our friend..... :(

-MH

Homerpax
2015-09-07, 05:02 AM
What a very sad day indeed,never knew he was battling the big C
Never got the chance to meet him in person but he sure was a friend!
R.I.P. MY Friend :tears:

Phred68
2015-09-07, 05:36 AM
RIP ravinganddrooling aka Posty ... didn't know you personally but I admire your courage, especially in continuing to record shows to share with others after battling a horrible illness. That speaks volumes in itself. I will have a drink to toast you this evening :cheers: and will also yell out "freebird" at the next show I go to, just for you :D

Cheers,
Phred

zososhane69
2015-09-07, 05:48 AM
A fantastic taper and sounds like an even better human being. Shine On sir.

moonwall
2015-09-07, 06:08 AM
I'm so sad, so sad. Jeff was my very best friend in the Floydian community. We 'spoke' over the net at least once a week since 2007. I started doing artwork for his recordings back then and a we developed a deep friendship, though we never met in life. He was a warm, gentle and funny man. I will miss him deeply.

kimirkim
2015-09-07, 08:10 AM
This is very sad morning, he will be missed. Condolences to his family.

CCE338
2015-09-07, 09:32 AM
Will always remember opening Y and seeing another ravingandrooling torrent.

Shed a tear :tears:

Heavy Meddle
2015-09-07, 10:23 AM
Very said news. I didn't know him pesonally but he will not be forgotten that's for sure. R.I.P. Jeff!:tears:

Bert13
2015-09-07, 02:59 PM
R.I.P. Jeff. I'll remember him as a very friendly and helpful guy, he will be missed.

goldenband
2015-09-07, 04:53 PM
I didn't know Jeff, but he sounds like a terrific guy who contributed a hell of a lot. My sincere condolences to his friends and family. :(

Lennyif
2015-09-07, 05:11 PM
Oh man, I am very sorry to hear this! I never met him in person, but he was one of my favorite members here. Rest in peace sir. You will be remembered indeed.

Roscoe59
2015-09-07, 10:30 PM
I just spoke to Diane, Jeff's wife, and she wanted me to pass on a few things.

She knows about the pouring in of love for Jeff, from his email groups to the forums where shared his recordings, and she thanks you all for your kind words.

Jeff passed very peacefully, just the way he wanted to go. He fell asleep a couple of days ago and slowly drifted off yesterday. Diane was with him at the time.

She was especially appreciative of the Yeeshkul and AFG Forum members, especially Colin for his friendship and generosity. There are others that were close to him, too numerous to mention.

And lastly, that his hard drives of all his recordings and all that he's collected are safe in good hands and we're going to figure out a way to make sure that his legacy is properly preserved and carries on.

Thank you so much for all of your heartfelt thoughts.

Ron

Pottel
2015-09-07, 10:46 PM
good to hear ron, my condoleances too go out to all he touched.

Olly37
2015-09-07, 11:06 PM
I've not been on here for a while, pop in to see if the Gilmour show was present and find this, such sad news always.

Whilst I did not know R&D personally, I've listened to many of the numerous gifts that he has brought here over the years, and for that, I'll remember him and this community will to due to the amount he has generously given.

My condolenses go out to his family and close friends during this difficult period.

RIP Raving and Drooling!

Shine on and Peace,
Olly.

tonebloke
2015-09-08, 10:05 AM
Didn't know him personally but "knew" him through the interweb. Another online great that's gone to see the "big show".

Thoughts for family and friends.

fatoldpig
2015-09-08, 05:56 PM
I'm very shocked to hear the news. Never got to meet him but exchanged IMs and emails many times. He borrowed a pair of microphone from me once. My deepest condolences to his family! RIP Jeff!

y1999jas
2015-09-09, 12:46 PM
I saw an old ad for some equipment he was selling on another site and recognized his name from here. I took the opportunity to PM him on here and say hello and ask him his thoughts on the particular preamp he was selling. He even went to the trouble to take and send pics. He told me about his life's challenges (i.e., the brain cancer situation). Even though it was a fairly brief correspondence, his giving nature and kind personally shone through. This was in June. I tried to send some positive energy his way, but it obviously wasn't enough. I'm sorry to hear of his passing.

Jaraslesny
2015-09-10, 02:43 PM
Shine On sir Jeff.

oneofmypages
2015-09-10, 05:32 PM
Sad to hear another great commuity member passed away. I didnt know him but sure have lots of recording from him. Thanks for all mate and r.i.p.

Condoleances to his family and friends

HourCandle
2015-09-14, 07:21 PM
I had somehow missed this thread but stumbled upon the news of Jeff's passing in a Dime thread about a Gilmour show. Just couldn't believe it. Condolences to his wife and further family. Thanks Ron for the feedback and to know that his family gets some comfort from the broad group of music lovers that appreciated him and his work.

Too bad he couldn't get to hear the new show anymore.

ttfn,
Piet

floydfan2410
2015-09-14, 09:37 PM
Didn't know Jeff, but I know that he contributed a lot to this forum and I am sure that he was a good man.
I wish to send my condolences to his mamily and friends and to the floyd community.

R.I.P.

Theyodaddy
2015-09-18, 10:47 PM
The Pink Floyd community takes in another great loss. I have enjoyed his recordings and work on many occasions and hate to see him taken away from us so soon ..
My condolences to his family .

radiowaves
2015-09-18, 11:25 PM
The news of his demise has just hit me. Our condolences and love to his family. He was a true gentleman and a great icon for his recordings. He wil be remembered always by the Floyd recording community worldwide

theembryo
2015-09-23, 03:13 AM
Damn it, how very sad to hear this. What a fine gentleman who leaves a great legacy here and everywhere.

Shine On, Sir - much condolences to his family and friends.........

TANSTAAFL!
2016-03-17, 02:40 AM
I've been listening to R&D's last recording of Steven Wilson, listening to Song X (which became My Book of Regrets). I know he would have been at this years Chicago concert, and maybe one of the Canadian ones also. I miss being able to PM him and discussing which one was better, or thanking him for a recording of a group I never would have considered downloading except it was by him. He is still missed.

nipote
2018-10-19, 08:33 PM
A thought for your birthday

oldpink
2018-10-20, 01:15 AM
Oh, dear!
:(

Roscoe59
2018-10-20, 04:16 PM
Miss you post. I think about you at every show. Wish you were here.

theembryo
2018-10-27, 06:52 PM
What a sad tale, such a fine overall contributor and person.

Wish very much indeed you were here........