PDA

View Full Version : Rattle that lock!

ManFree
2015-09-23, 05:47 PM
OK, now we`ve all heard it, What do you all think? Better than the dreadful last floyd (with a small "f") album?

Cyberspace
2015-09-23, 06:14 PM
For me itīs definitely better than the "small-f" album before. Much more honest and round. Itīs Gilmour in his own and older way without wearing the Floyd stamp... Thatīs fine for me.

Only exception is the unbearable "The Girl In The Yellow Dress" bar-like song. I canīt stand it! Not sure what he wanted with this song. As I heard it live in Oberhausen last Saturday I felt an strong urge to yawn and to visit the beer station... But that was the only low in an otherwise stunning concert!

Phred68
2015-09-23, 06:27 PM
For me itīs definitely better than the "small-f" album before. Much more polyphonic and round. Itīs Gilmour in itīs own and older way... Thatīs fine for me.
Only exception is the unbearable "The Girl In The Yellow Dress" bar-like song. I canīt stand it! Not sure what he wanted with this song. As I heard it live in Oberhausen last Saturday I felt an strong urge to yawn and to visit the beer station...

Agree 100% Cyberspace. Never could stand the lounge/jazz stuff here either! LOL Each to their own I guess ..

Just listened to the whole album in Bluray surround - wow, sounds phenomenal, really. Nice to hear Rick talking in the left rear speaker (Same corner as Alf Razzell ... interesting ;) )
Andy Jackson (with JG's oversight) has done some marvellous work with the 5.1 mix .. RTL is just as good or better than the TDB upgrade, IMHO.

As for the album, I sorta kinda like it...a lot. Definitely more interesting than OAI which was technically good with some great moments but overall pretty much a snoozefest. The Gilmours (yes, plural .. haha) are experimenting quite a bit here and I really like that. But I can do without the lounge/jazz bits, which I now tend to skip past. And what's with the dance mix? hehehe....

Documentaries are interesting too. Great to see Rick again in the Barn Jams. Actually, I quite like #1

Overall, a thumbs up - except for the pointless postcard in the Bluray box ;)

Cyberspace
2015-09-23, 08:35 PM
P.S: this thread belongs into "Floyd Related".