PDA

View Full Version : Recent Music Purchases

ResiAlien
2006-07-30, 12:36 AM
Made a run to the record store today, and I figured it'd be cool to see what everyone's purchasing and listening to. So, if you make a new purchase let us know.

I'll start...

Traffic - The Low Spark of High Heeled Boys (CD) Remasters Edition

Gromek
2006-07-30, 09:11 AM
A few days ago i ordered the entire 10 cd remastered & expanded cd collection by Split Enz.
(imported from the australian hmv shops)

dukem
2006-07-30, 06:58 PM
I just bought:

The Who - Wire & Glass EP CD
The Who - Wire & Glass 12" Etched Limited Edition Vinyl
David Gilmour - Smile 7" Limited Edition Clear Vinyl
Pink Floyd - Pulse DVD

ResiAlien
2006-07-30, 07:03 PM
I just bought:

The Who - Wire & Glass EP CD
The Who - Wire & Glass 12" Etched Limited Edition Vinyl
David Gilmour - Smile 7" Limited Edition Clear Vinyl
Pink Floyd - Pulse DVD

Nice!

I've been reluctant to pick up the Pulse DVD. I really am not a Post-Waters fan. Yesterday, though, I relistened to both Momentary Lapse and Division Bell and kinda enjoyed both. I kinda semi-understood Momentary Lapse for awhile, but never have been able to let myself enjoy DB until yesterday. That said, I hate the Pulse album, so I haven't been too keen on dishing out money for the DVD.

Mudman
2006-07-31, 06:48 PM
The Pink Floyd & Syd Barrett story DVD.
The Who Wire and Glass CD :D

cbc
2006-07-31, 09:29 PM
The PF & SB Story is quite a great docu disc!

moonwall
2006-08-01, 10:33 AM
Actually, my last purchase was a book!
" 'Comfortably Numb' - A History of 'The Wall' Pink Floyd 1978-1981" by Vernon Fitch and Richard Mahon. What a beautiful book!

radiowaves
2006-08-01, 12:05 PM
Fatboy Slim's ''Try Harder''
Keane's ''Under The Iron Sea''
And Ray Lamontaigne's ''Trouble''

kylekatarn
2006-08-01, 02:54 PM
I just browsed through my "recently-purchased-list" at Amazon, which reminds me of the fact that I bought the following CD's and DVD's lately:

Exposure-Limited Edition - Robert Fripp
10,000 Days - Tool
Bridge Across Forever - Transatlantic
In the Court of the Crimson King (Original Master Edition) - King Crimson
Be - Pain of Salvation
Snow - Spock's Beard
Second Live Syndrom - Riverside
Out of Myself - Riverside
S.U.S.a.R. - Indukti
Ca Ira - Roger Waters
Pulse (2 DVDs) - Pink Floyd
Deadwing (DVD Audio) - Porcupine Tree
The Man Comes Around - Johnny Cash
God has failed - RPWL
Kallocain (Special Edition) - Paatos

It also reminds me of having spent too much money on music while having too little time to listen to it :rolleyes: These "Customers who bought this item also bought ..." offers seduce me to do this over and over again. :D

ResiAlien
2006-08-01, 04:59 PM
Some good stuff in that list. Porcupine Tree, Pain of Salvation, Riverside, Indukti... all great stuff.

Not so big on RPWL, though. Seemed way too derivative of Floyd. And was I the only one massively let-down by Tool's latest?

kylekatarn
2006-08-01, 05:38 PM
Some good stuff in that list. Porcupine Tree, Pain of Salvation, Riverside, Indukti... all great stuff.

Not so big on RPWL, though. Seemed way too derivative of Floyd. And was I the only one massively let-down by Tool's latest?

I agree, RPWL was a bit of a disappointment for me, too. But since they started as a Pink Floyd cover band, I should have known better.
Not sure about Tool yet. I have only listened to it once yet. I was quite tired at the time and maybe that's the reason why I found it to be a bit too noisy ;) But I guess because Lateralus was an almost perfect and outstanding record, any follow-up had to fall short of our expectations, at least at the first listening.

vickster
2006-08-01, 10:21 PM
Recent purchases...

North Mississippi Allstars: Hill Country Revue
Shake Hands With Shorty

Gotan Project: Lunatico

Patterson Hood (of Drive-By Truckers): Killers And Stars

The Raconteurs: Broken Boy Soldiers

Robert Earl Keen: Farm Fresh Onions
What I Really Mean

Thom Yorke: The Eraser

Ozric Tentacles: Spirals In Hyperspace

Josh Ritter: The Animal Years

The Flaming Lips: At War With The Mystics

Garaj Mahal: Blueberry Cave

Donna The Buffalo: Life's A Ride

And for my birthday my kids got me 100 Highways, the last of the American Recordings/Rick Rubin-produced albums from Johnny Cash. Amazing record...