PDA

View Full Version : Singer Fish and Marillion reunite...

tjmack
08-28-2007, 05:23 PM
... for one song

One for all fat, balding, diehard Fish-era Marillion fans:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6966603.stm

Must get a copy of that.

T.

Beechwoods
08-28-2007, 10:00 PM
I must admit I was a little bit jealous when I heard about this one. And 'Market Square Heroes' to boot. I'd only been listening to 'Script' today an' all... 19 years to bury the hatchet, almost as long as it took Rog to swallow HIS pride!

I know they say it was a one-off, but we can always hope there's more in the pipeline. Perhaps Fish for the 1st Set and Hogarth for the second... Plenty of time during the second set for us die-hards to get a few pints in without missing anything special :)

gsdy
08-28-2007, 10:17 PM
It's great to see them reunite. It looks like an evidence.
I've had this same feeling with the Floyd in July 2005 at Live8.

The video here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DNvCnvb50A)

seth01
08-29-2007, 06:23 AM
... for one song

T.

OMG! You just perfectly described me. :D

bicyclelegs
08-30-2007, 10:03 AM
I must admit I was a little bit jealous when I heard about this one. And 'Market Square Heroes' to boot. I'd only been listening to 'Script' today an' all... 19 years to bury the hatchet, almost as long as it took Rog to swallow HIS pride!

I know they say it was a one-off, but we can always hope there's more in the pipeline. Perhaps Fish for the 1st Set and Hogarth for the second... Plenty of time during the second set for us die-hards to get a few pints in without missing anything special :)

To be fair, from what I understand Fish and Marillion have been on speaking terms for many years, just not getting onstage together - until now. Not quite like the RW and DG fued...

At the risk of being booed, I hope it is a once-off. I love Fish-era Marillion, but the band has moved on from that now (did a long time ago). Reunions rarely capture the old magic (Live 8 being a notable exception) and, even when they do, it is usually only for a few gigs, it never lasts. New Marillion music with Fish? Can't see it myself...

Daniel.

Beechwoods
09-01-2007, 08:48 AM
I know what you mean, and tbh neither Fish nor Marillion have been as good apart and it's unlikely anything new would be as good as their classic stuff. I know Fish and the others have been kind of talking, but by all accounts the Fish-era 'Curtain Call' fanclub set last year (or was it the year before) wasn't the easiest project for them to collaborate on...

I'd still pay to see em play together live though, just for old-times' sake :)

kiwifb
09-03-2007, 09:06 AM
... for one song

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6966603.stm

Must get a copy of that.

T.Actually it's on dime...
www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=160041
I didn't notice because
1) I don't do DVD, as I don't watch them.
2) it wasn't mentioned when it went up.
Took me all that time to notice your thread here :o
read the bbc article and think "but, but it's on dime."