PDA

View Full Version : Louis Falanga

nipote
2020-07-02, 05:09 PM
He wasn't member here, but we all know him.

Louis Falanga passed away Saturday morning, June 27, 2020 after a long battle with Parkinson’s disease. Louis was a huge Grateful Dead taper and had an amzing music collection.

43 years ago today he taped at Madison Square Garden the best recording for 1977 tour (IMHO)

Thanks to his friend neepie (http://yeeshkul.com/forum/member.php?4834-neepie) for advise us and rest in peace Louis

Blatch
2020-07-02, 06:58 PM
Damn, what a shame. I was just listening to his MSG recording today. While I've always preferred the Oakland gig for SQ, Louis did pull out a remarkable capture. I have some recordings he did with Bob Menke, too, including one of the Legion of Mary, and they sound awesome. May he rest in peace.

Lennyif
2020-07-09, 08:30 AM
Rest well Louis, may you be at peace.

Have A Cigar
2020-09-01, 08:41 PM
He wasn't member here, but we all know him.

Louis Falanga passed away Saturday morning, June 27, 2020 after a long battle with Parkinsonís disease. Louis was a huge Grateful Dead taper and had an amzing music collection.

43 years ago today he taped at Madison Square Garden the best recording for 1977 tour (IMHO)

Thanks to his friend neepie (http://yeeshkul.com/forum/member.php?4834-neepie) for advise us and rest in peace Louis

2020 just got a little darker. Rest in Peace Louis, shame he had to suffer with Parkinson's...

theembryo
2020-09-16, 07:51 PM
It is sad to hear of his passing - a very lasting legacy of music sharing is left, R.I.P Mr. Falanga.

holdingcell
2021-01-05, 12:32 AM
May I please add my condolences at this late date. Not so much for his fine recording, but the fact that he had Parkinson's disease, as my Uncle Karl did. I pray his passing was peaceful, quiet, and surrounded by those who loved him.

Grotesque
2021-01-20, 08:06 PM
I pray his passing was peaceful, quiet, and surrounded by those who loved him.

What more can we ask? Sounds like a true gent, of the old school. And yes; I love MSG II. All the best to those he leaves behind.