PDA

View Full Version : "new" Moon'69 from Magritte

minehead
2006-08-06, 11:03 PM
In the Early Flights vols. 1-9, and in the Treeful Comp. these pieces are credited as being from the "Magritte" piece that Waters did in '78...they have been edited to drop the voice-overs of the broadcast...

...resonance filter sweeps on mono synths didn't exist in '69.

minehead
2006-08-06, 11:05 PM
In the Early Flights vols. 1-9, and in the Treeful Comp. these pieces are credited as being from the "Magritte" piece that Waters did in '78...they have been edited to drop the voice-overs of the broadcast...

...resonance filter sweeps on mono synths didn't exist in '69.
"Moonhead" is of course from '69...didn't mean to imply otherwise...

radiowaves
2006-08-06, 11:49 PM
The ''Early Flights'' 9 cd box set are believed to be the worse bootlegs any collector would collect. I am misssing cd 6 in this set, and was told that this cd is totally fake. Please check the lineage on your tracklist, and verify that list with either the Pink Floyd DB or Fingals cave sites. You may find that most (if not all) the tracks in this set are fake.

minehead
2006-08-07, 12:12 AM
The ''Early Flights'' 9 cd box set are believed to be the worse bootlegs any collector would collect. I am misssing cd 6 in this set, and was told that this cd is totally fake. Please check the lineage on your tracklist, and verify that list with either the Pink Floyd DB or Fingals cave sites. You may find that most (if not all) the tracks in this set are fake.

First off, Early Flights has a track listing problems, agreed... let's put that aside...Treeful is concrete, it's the most thoroughly documented collection in existence.

So, that's two independent sources, plus the fact once again, that mono synths (of which these tracks are performed on) DID NOT EXIST in 1969...

...for whatever reason, someone from left field is trying to make a false claim about a thoroughly documented event...if you want to argue with the BBC, the people that engineered and released the Magritte soundtrack, with Povey/Russell, and with every known Pink Floyd archivist on the planet, then go ahead...I prefer to stick with deductive reasoning and fact checking, which is a method that other's should apply before making ridiculous claims backed by "it says on my tape label", this case is closed.
It doesn't profit this group to muddy the waters in Floyd collecting, and if you continue to "shore up" your claim, please explain away "Treeful's" documentation and the physical impossiblity that a monophonic synth existed in 1969...you are fooling yourself.

tjmack
2006-08-07, 12:16 AM
I nominate HYGIY myself.