PDA

View Full Version : Laser Eye Surgery (Lasek)

radiowaves
2007-11-08, 07:53 PM
In three weeks time, this surgery will be performed to my eyes. My glasses have beeen worn since 1988 and I can't wait to get rid of them as I ride a Motorbike.

I'm posting this story just to see (no pun) has anyone else recived this surgey, and if so, how they found their new way in life :)

Pottel
2007-11-08, 08:30 PM
In three weeks time, this surgery will be performed to my eyes. My glasses have beeen worn since 1988 and I can't wait to get rid of them as I ride a Motorbike.

I'm posting this story just to see (no pun) has anyone else recived this surgey, and if so, how they found their new way in life :)

i have -10 and -13, and always used soft lenses, but since this year i can't wear them anymore, my eyes burn,.... so i got used to wearing glasses again.
just because i have always been scared to do the laser thing. even when they say they have a 99% success rate, i do not wanna be part of that 1 %...
lemme know how it goes..

seth01
2007-11-08, 09:43 PM

Good luck to you rw. I too signed up to do it but it was right before I moved accross the country and I was told that I shouldn't fly immediately following the surgery as well as there would have to be a follow up appointment. Due to these reasons, I never did it. I would like to one of these days.

I had a former boss of mine do it and it worked very, very well for him. He said the first day or two was rough but he loves it. I also had a former colleague who had done it and also it was a great success.

What else can I say but keep us informed and best of luck. :)

Seth

radiowaves
2007-11-08, 10:42 PM
Thank you Seth......it's going to cost me 1600 euros, (about 2500 dollars) . The surgery i witnessed with my consultation would make people wince, but for spectacle warers, it's a joy. It will take 30 seconds under a powerful laser to get the job done, and the difficulty afterwards all depends on your Brain trying to sight seeing without spectacles, hence the dizziness. My eyes now are stinging me after the consultation hardening me eyeballs and inserting a dye to my eyeball to see if they are suitable for the laser. I am delighted to get this surgery underway. And if anyone wants to know how the procedure goes, please follow this thread

seth01
2007-11-09, 06:34 AM
Thank you Seth......it's going to cost me 1600 euros, (about 2500 dollars) .

Yeah it was going for about that much too for many years but then it seemed that there was a price war between all the doctors and just as I was leaving Montreal, you could get it for about $300 an eye. Back then, that was probably something like $240 USD. Now that would be about $330 USD. :D

Seth

Arvid
2007-11-09, 12:41 PM
It will take 30 seconds under a powerful laser to get the job done,

Oh that's what happened to me last year when I was first row at a David Gilmour gig...

tjmack
2007-11-10, 06:09 AM
Personally I don't think it's worth the risk for vanity or convenience.

Depending on how old you are, any advantages you'll get from laser corrective surgery will wear off sooner than later - usually when you reach middle age of about 45-50, but could be sooner.. An aspect that these eye clinics don't stress enough, I feel. This is when the eye muscles start to to use their strength naturally.

If you are going ahead with it, good luck - otherwise, think twice.

T.

P.S. And there was me just about to delete this thread because of the slight whiff of spam...

radiowaves
2007-11-10, 11:10 AM
Not vanity, but convienience wise. I am middle aged, work as a Printer and ride a Motorbike...and one of these reasons is cause to get this surgery done :). And Eye surgery is supposed to last as long as you take care of the eyes....a lifetime I hope