PDA

View Full Version : burning shn

pinkmonte
08-27-2006, 07:19 PM
Hi all I have a question. When I try to burn a shn disk, it takes about 30 min. I'm using Nero and I have the shn, and flak plugin for it, the flak's take about 5 min. to burn, wich is what confuses me. When I try to burn a shn, the used read buffer goes up to 100%, then falls to 0. Wich seems to make the burning take forever. This does not happen when I burn a flak CD, the buffer goes to 100 and stays at 100. I think I read some where that you can convert the shn's to wave and burn them that way, is that correct? And if so how do I do that and will it take 30 min to burn a disk? The other option is, what other burning software is out there to take care of this? Any input will be a help. Thanks Justin

DaFloyd
08-27-2006, 08:23 PM
http://www.yeeshkul.com/forum/showthread.php?t=442&highlight=burning

This should take you to the thread where it was discussed before. I read somewhere that flac took longer to compress, but much less time to de-compress. Flac was engineered with this in mind. Dont know if it is true or not, but 1 person (seeder) compresses and it takes a few seconds longer, then for lots of people (leechers) it takes far less time to de-compress. Still, half an hour to burn something else is going wrong here. :confused:

pinkmonte
08-27-2006, 09:45 PM
Thanks!! i"ll check that out, it's kinda annoying seeing how my HDs are almost full, I need to burn quickly!!!

terrapin_nation_2007
09-07-2006, 09:38 AM
Hi all I have a question. When I try to burn a shn disk, it takes about 30 min. I'm using Nero and I have the shn, and flak plugin for it, the flak's take about 5 min. to burn, wich is what confuses me. When I try to burn a shn, the used read buffer goes up to 100%, then falls to 0. Wich seems to make the burning take forever. This does not happen when I burn a flak CD, the buffer goes to 100 and stays at 100. I think I read some where that you can convert the shn's to wave and burn them that way, is that correct? And if so how do I do that and will it take 30 min to burn a disk? The other option is, what other burning software is out there to take care of this? Any input will be a help. Thanks Justin

Justin,

you could use traders little helper for decoding flac,shn & ape found here:

http://thor.prohosting.com/roh0205/

your other option would be a plextor cdrw or dvdrw found here:

http://www.plextor.com

which pretty much does it for ya aka the rolls royce of burners/hardware w/plextools xl or plextools pro bundle that comes with it.but at the same time that can get quite expensive,so you decide whats best :D

pinkmonte
09-07-2006, 02:50 PM
Hey hey, thanks for your help. I got the Traders little helper a couple of days ago, and it works grand!! Turned out to be a big help. I'll prolly save some money to get one of those burners, those are sweet. Once again thanks for your help, I really appriceate it! :D

phishblowz
09-10-2006, 04:46 AM
the time involved in converting to wav before burning would probably balance out...I think mkw compression can do it, but you're best just leaving well enough alone...I like to burn flac/shn to a dvd backup anyway...it's nice for when the travelling disc gets screwed up...it's also great for clearing big space in a hurry, and not to mention having the original files and info file for reseeding puposes...hope that info is helpful to you :)