PDA

View Full Version : Burning the IFO, BUP, VOB files that come with DVD downloads?

MyFloyd
2008-03-07, 06:57 AM
How do you burn the IFO, BUP, VOB files that come with DVD downloads so that they are playable in a DVD player. Anyone? Do you just burn them straight to the Disc?

moonwall
2008-03-07, 08:06 AM
Yes. You need all the files in the VIDEO_TS folder.
(If you use Nero, you chose Nero Burning Rom, then DVD Video and just drag the whole VIDEO_TS folder (but no md5 in it!) and burn.)

MyFloyd
2008-03-08, 07:57 AM
Ok got it. Thanks!:)

tjmack
2008-03-08, 02:09 PM
But you can burn any non DVD file such as md5, artwork jpg or text info to the DVD, as long as they're in the DVD's ROOT folder - i.e. not in either the VIDEO_TS nor the AUDIO_TS folder.

It's useful to keep such files at hand.

T.

andy_672
2008-03-08, 08:18 PM
Make sure you burn as "DVD Video" not "DVD Data" , DVD Video needs to be closed session & closed Disc,Your writing software will do this for you as long as you select the correct format (DVD Video)

MyFloyd
2008-03-08, 09:01 PM
I just used Nero and I burned the DVD with all the BUP, IFO, VOB files in order. It played good.

It was the PF Rome DVD by IFWT. It came it good, thanks.

rubbish
2008-03-10, 10:57 PM
Yes. You need all the files in the VIDEO_TS folder.
(If you use Nero, you chose Nero Burning Rom, then DVD Video and just drag the whole VIDEO_TS folder (but no md5 in it!) and burn.)

Occasionally it'll scare you by saying that it can't make a proper dvd structure out of whatever you give it. It did that to me when burning off both discs of 'The Water Flowing' (which were suspect to begin with by the look of things), but once I got some more blanks I risked it anyway - and despite the grave warnings, it worked. No idea how/why, but there you go....