PDA

View Full Version : Pink Floyd and 9/11

moonman
09-11-2006, 06:31 PM
Hi all,
Today is a sad day for me as an American to remember 9/11. I spent much of the day listening to Pink Floyd's the wall and watching the news. There were strange parellels between the music and the terrible day that I can't seem to forget. I know many don't like what my country has done since this day and I cannot blame them, but a day like that one should not be wished upon anyone. The thing that brought tears to my eyes was watching and listening to the American Anthem being played in London durig the changing of the guards- (what great people the English are!!). I don't intend this to be a political message of any kind just wanted to talk to someone and who better than my fellow floyd fans. Send a prayer to those who lost there lives and let's never forget so that this will never happen to anyone again. Understanding and compassion are the ways to a peaceful future.

Best Wishes and Shine On,
Moonman-

lordtomaso
09-11-2006, 07:06 PM
I'd like you to know that most of the people here in France feel the same. It's a sad day for all "Western World". I was horrified when I watched the news 5 years ago, and see the destroyed WTC is one of the saddest and strongest memories I have.
Shine On, moonman.

pinkmonte
09-12-2006, 06:00 AM
I just want to send out a moment of silence for all those who were lost on this day. We will never forget. Lets just hope that someday we'll live in a peacefull world. Thanks for reading.

ozthepissedoffhippy
09-12-2006, 03:12 PM
The flames are all long gone but the pain lingers on..... :(