Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jack Moore Videoheads Group

Thanks

Default Jack Moore Videoheads Group

Hi everyone

I recently found out about this (what appears to be) legendary group having (or not) footage from the July 18th 1970 Hyde Park gig on London. I've contacted Jack by email and he confirmed it.

I asked if he would like to share this exclusive footage here on Yeeshkul. He told that some of his material was ripped off by some person named Richard Patz, and that he would never share it on Yeeshkul.

I think this "material" he mencioned, is the Amsterdam Rock Circus footage included on HRV Reach for a Peach.

Now, somewhere knows Jack Moore? can anyone convince him to share this footage somewhere?

We can't let this footage be stored in some "collection" archive

Thanks

Verdi999 Guest

Seriosuly!? Gah stupid collectors, I hope someone knows of this guy . . .

Thanks

Sorry about the Reach for a Peach mistake :o

Well, we have to wait now, but at least the footage exists and someday it will surface

By the Way, who's Hoppy?

Thanks for the explanation Ron

Thanks

ronmanbananatoonspliffmaster ....

i did not know that THIS still drives you bonkers. even others that might feel having been ripped off in this context have calmed down.

no matter who is to blame for what: there are / were huge egos involved about the use of the jhm archive and all the things that happened around the "mind your dildo ..." boot dvd would make a very interesting read that would make a great book.

why not put all this hate to rest (just like all the other stuff that might exist)? in the end, we've got the albums + tons of stuff. and (i for one) am extremely grateful for everybody who is reluctant to share newies. then again ... just put on some 67 tape or "piper", look at some ufo pix and let your mind ... (together with a little grolsch/brinkhoffs).

Quote Originally Posted by ******* View Post
    I should clear some things up. 1st off, Jack is a flaming old asshole and could care less about anyone other than himself. Rich Patz did not rip him off, he helped Jack out financially and physically helped him move his archives from London to Amsterdam. He was able to obtain Jack's footage from Amsterdam 72 and also the Bath 70 footage that was used for Mind Your Throats Please (not Reach For A Peach). I helped Jack and Rich recover the Bath footage while Rich transferred the Amsterdam footage. Jack is supposed to have a video from a UFO show as well.

I've seen his footage from Hyde Park 1970. There are only 4 songs. Atom Heart Mother cuts off just before the final note of the song. Embryo has severe tracking problems and is barely watchable. The other 2 songs are unwatchable (IMO). This, like Amsterdam 72, was shot with a single camera. Jack was perched on top of the scaffolding above the stage and right behind Rick. Hoppy currently has a copy of this footage as well.

As I said earlier, Jack's a friggin' disrespectful paranoid asshole who probably doesn't even know what's buried in his archives and could care less. No point in dealing with this man. But if you want to hassle the old bastard... videoheads@hotmail.com

When Hoppy is no longer with us then the 1970 Hyde Park footage will finally surface. Until then...

Thanks

Hah more interesting news every day. How much stuff does old John have? Does Joe have anything? Poor old Hoppy is looking quite old these days.

Thanks

grolsch, how do you think that all of this footage from Floyd surfaced? it was doing this research that Awesome footage like the ones on HRV 8mm surfaced.

Thanks

And...

I found this web-site about the Hyde Park gig:
    http://www.ukrockfestivals.com/Hyde-park-7-18-70.html

and clearly under some photos in the end of the page, the author says that the last photos are actually screen caps from a 8mm film shot and digitalized by Jochen Laschinsky.

I contacted the author of the page and he told me that he lost contact with Laschinsky a few years ago, but he will try to get in touch with him again about the film.

I know this may not be a big deal for some of you guys, but we lack 70's footage from the band, and for me is very important that footage like this one surfaces some day.

Thanks

Default s8 mm

Quote Originally Posted by 4444 View Post
    I contacted the author of the page and he told me that he lost contact with Laschinsky a few years ago, but he will try to get in touch with him again about the film.
    from what i heard, mr. laschinsky became a member of the church (?) of scientology a few years ago, so his priorities might have changed a little bit.
    Last edited by grolsch; 2008-12-16 at 01:11 PM.

Thanks

hahahahahhaa

I contacted Hoppy and he confirmed that he has a copy of the Hyde Park footage, but he says that is not yet in a transferable form and is unstable electronically. I guess is in very bad shape.

Ron, do you know what kind of film is it? 8mm,16mm, UMATIC?

Thanks

If you go to the UK festivals page listed on the first page of this thread, look at the black and white photo at the top of the page. There are two cameras at the front of the stage, left and right. Those are too big to be 8mm.

So... Even if Jack has an 8mm film he shot, or hoppy shot, he doesn't have the amazing footage from those two front-of-stage cameras.

These free festivals were a shambles. Whats the chances of synching up two camera sources with a nice soundboard tape... even though we might have none of these things.