Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jack Moore Videoheads Group

Thanks

Default More on Moore

For whatever pitiful amount that it may be worth, I felt badly that Rich was stuck with loads of DVDs that were poorly crafted (audio sync problems) and worse (wrong content entirely). How to make them worth a little more ? Well, I thought it would be jolly nice to have an autographed copy. What nicer than the autograph of the camera man ? So, I wrote to Rich and we arranged for that to happen.. I sent off the $$ - but have yet to receive my DVD.

Bummer.

At least I feel a little less badly about the whole affair.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ******* View Post
    Yes, that footage is from an entirely different source, those look like TV cameras. You can see them in Jack's video each time he pans across the audience.
    Are those the "art school students" who were long rumored to have filmed this one, and put together a public showing of their footage? It'd be an incredible luxury to someday have multiple sources/angles from which to cut back and forth...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ******* View Post
    Art school students? LOL... never heard of Videoheads being referred to in that manner.
    Heh, no, I meant the other source! Though it could be either one, I guess. Here's a quote from the old RoIO database:

"18.7.70: Hyde Park (private film)
    The second Hyde Park free concert at which Pink Floyd performed was captured on film by art-school students but never officially broadcast. Adverts in "Melody Maker" shortly after the event indicate that there were two public screenings towards the end of the month."

Thanks

I asked Hoppy if he had any footage from one of the seven nights Floyd played there, and he told me that he didn't record anything. :confused:

i'm afraid that Jack won't respond to my e-mail anymore

if the rest of the show is so unwatchable, just AHM and Embryo would be great

Thanks

I dont care how unwatchable the last 2 songs are, this footage needs to be complete when it's released! I also dont understand why these asshole collectors are hoarding it, I know it's gold to us, but why wouldn't they share it! It's dumb of them not to! I dont understand these pieces of shit that hoard everything - is it an ego thing? Do they feel they have a "better" collection or what!?.. I really just dont understand. It's been annoying me for years, absolutely years! I bet these assholes want some sort of pay for these rarities. **** that. They all can go suck on it. A REAL Pink Floyd fan shares anything watchable or unwatchable for the sake of the lack of video representation Pink Floyd should have in their catalouge. Collecting this stuff is becoming absolutely annoying on account of the original collectors being dipshits.

Thanks

I never said they owe us anything. So what if they are well into their 60's, yeah they don't care but its just serving the Floyd community good by releasing this stuff. IMO anyway. It's just the lack of footage that angers me and would like that most of the footage be seen, wouldn't you agree?

karmamania Guest

Question About that UFO tape...

When Jack and Hoppy were involved in the UFO rehash about 2 years ago, a Soft Machine clip from UFO turned up credited as coming from Mark Boyle.

I wondered then if this June 2nd 1967 Pink Floyd UFO gig is the one Jack filmed?

Miles was involved promoting this gig in particular...

So anyone confirm the date

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by karmamania View Post
    When Jack and Hoppy were involved in the UFO rehash about 2 years ago, a Soft Machine clip from UFO turned up credited as coming from Mark Boyle.

The Boyle family came from Glasgow, and were soley related to Soft Machine. Yes they probably saw Pink Floyd, but they were Soft Machine's artists, and later took their art to a much higher level. They are still active, if very reclusive and erratic, and still do art. Soft Machine started it for them, as they used to project the images of pieces of metal being corroded by acid, and were attracted by the artistic concept of watching something be destroyed, or destroy itself.

Thanks

There is extensive information on the Boyles in the "Art & The 60s" documentary ... which I am sure is floating around here somewhere. See the cover art here -

http://tiny.cc/TybYi

There was even something called the DIAS - Destruction In Art Symposium, if memory serves, that was hosted by the Indica Gallery.

Do you chaps remember the famous film of the Floyd playing at the UFO that came from the So Far Out It's Straight Down film ? Before the Floyd play, there is a few seconds of this crazy play where people are flinging laundry lines around at the audience members... Well, if you look above the stage, you'll see a little sign that says... DIAS...

Thanks
    Thanked 4,269 Times in 47 Posts

Holy shit!
    Someone from Videoheads upload on youtube Hyde Park 1969 footage with Social Deviants (!!!), Quintessence and soon announced Soft Machine and Edgar Broughton Band !

Do you know, that who uploaded on youtube this footage? I try to contact,but no answers:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5MUVV3LihY
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfKC_o44YIk
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-pVp7tZV6Q