Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Jack Moore Videoheads Group

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ******* View Post
    And what happens to all those video???

http://hqinfo.blogspot.com/2012/07/j...ideoheads.html
    Slightly tactless that this is the only response you feel is fit upon learning of another man's imminent demise.

Still, the harsh reality is that all those hoarders will be passing on, soon. On an existential level, this makes hoarding seem even more strange. So what if you keep a hold of some rare reels and don't let others hear them? When you die they may well be thrown in trash, or sold to hipsters at an estate sale who love retro junk to cover the walls of their apartment, or they may well be sold on to other hoarders. Conversely they may well head straight into the public domain! I dare not think of the ratio of reels we will gain over the next few years over, or against, the number that will be even more 'lost' when uncaring children start tearing up Dad's estate so they can flog the house quickly... weigh that up with the fact that currently we are not getting to hear these reels anyway and it makes your head spin...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PatGoD67 View Post
    Frustrating as it may be, can't miss what we've never had.
    As long as it's hoarded, it doesn't exist for me. You're right.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ******* View Post
    Not for someone that got to know him, who received harassing, insulting emails from him. The Jack Moore that I got to know over the past few years was not a nice person so forgive my post for lacking any sympathy.
    I can understand that. I'm not entirely precious about speaking ill of the dead if they were difficult people in life. I'm not entirely convinced Jack Moore was of a sound mind. The story of how his possessions ended up in a canal sounded dubious, and his tendency to dangle carrots, though not a unique tendency by any means, was probably frustrating if you thought you were making ground with the guy. I always took that (crap) UFO video of a spoken word Soft Machine gig to be nothing more than indicative that he had some Floyd UFO footage in his archives. Perhaps that is cynical, or wrong, of me to say.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,269 Times in 47 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Orgone Accumulator View Post
    I always took that (crap) UFO video of a spoken word Soft Machine gig to be nothing more than indicative that he had some Floyd UFO footage in his archives. Perhaps that is cynical, or wrong, of me to say.
    Soft Machine's footage comes from Mark Boyle's personal archives, not from Jack Moore.

Thanks

A nice or not nice person, he is still a human being, whether or not his position forced him to lash out at others. I feel bad but yeah it stinks that all this rare stuff will most likely never be.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hallucalation View Post
    Soft Machine's footage comes from Mark Boyle's personal archives, not from Jack Moore.
    That is interesting to hear. The Boyle family are quite an interesting bunch. I've seen their art a couple of times. Their method seemed to comprise of throwing a dart at a map then making an accurate copy of the terrain at the point of impact. The ones I saw were sections of road and pavement, complete with bottle tops and chewing gum squashed into the tarmac, eroding paint work, weeds growing in the cracks. All very realistically done. The Soft Machine were a footnote in the whole thing, but seemingly the 'autodestruction' methods the Boyles used for their projections, such as acid corroding other substances being projected over the band, were a bit more complex and conceptual than the usual bubble slide visuals of the era.

Thanks

JACK HENRY MOORE

19th June 1940 Oklahoma USA - 2nd April 2014 Paris France

Thanks

RIP, Jack Henry Moore. We thank you for your contributions to culture and music. But unfortunately, many of them seem destined to be lost.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/obit...-obituary.html

http://www.theguardian.com/theguardi...moore-obituary

http://www.paulgormanis.com/?p=10954

He supposedly had a vast archive of shows from The UFO and other swinging London gems. Unfortunately he rarely shared them. Does anyone have any idea what will happen to these hidden gems now that he's gone?

Thanks

Apparently Dig Media, with financial backing from the Heritage Lottery Fund, is working on restoring and preserving footage from Jack Henry Moore's archive. More info on their website:

https://www.dig.media/

Somehow it seems though there have not been any updates for quite some time and it remains unclear what the status of their efforts is.

Thanks

I tried to deal with them semi-officially regarding Soft Machine footage and they are absolutely hopeless.