Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: An introduction to Syd Barret is out

Thanks
    Thanked 1,071 Times in 27 Posts

Default An introduction to Syd Barret is out

After first listen I really enjoy this new old album. New remaster sounds very good also those few new mixes make it quite fresh. Especially Matilda Mother remix which is different to 2007 PATGOD version and has new ending. It's a compilation and I know it's hard to make everybody happy but to me it's missing Jugband Blues(not to mention Vegetable Man and STLS). Sleeve and insert are very nice but I'm sure it'll looked quite worn after while that's why I prefer jewel case.

Thanks

I'm with you on the omission of "Jugband Blues" - if I was gonna do a Syd compilation and be allowed to use Floyd tracks, that would be my instant first choice!

Still, I am looking forward to buying this very soon for the new mixes and of course "Matilda Mother."

BTW - Have you been able to download the bonus track "Rhamadan?" That's what all the Syd fans are waiting with much intrigue to finally hear! Any indication on the packaging of the downloadable content or has that idea been dropped?

Thanks

I wonder how long will it take to arrive in Brazil, hopefully this year...
    "And what exactly is a dream? And what exactly is a joke?"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by emmapeelfan View Post
    I'm with you on the omission of "Jugband Blues" - if I was gonna do a Syd compilation and be allowed to use Floyd tracks, that would be my instant first choice!

Still, I am looking forward to buying this very soon for the new mixes and of course "Matilda Mother."

BTW - Have you been able to download the bonus track "Rhamadan?" That's what all the Syd fans are waiting with much intrigue to finally hear! Any indication on the packaging of the downloadable content or has that idea been dropped?
    Actually I'm listening to Rhamadan right now, there are indeed a lot of congas also some very interesting tape loops&samples. There is also motorbike sound, I don't knoe if it's recorded by Syd himself or comes from EMI archives(acording to Vernon Fitch there were two versions).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by younglight View Post
    I wonder how long will it take to arrive in Brazil, hopefully this year...
    There are many online stores that will ship to Brazil like Amazon you can also try Ebay. Shipping costs are usually reasonable(5-10$).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kimirkim View Post
    Actually I'm listening to Rhamadan right now, there are indeed a lot of congas also some very interesting tape loops&samples. There is also motorbike sound, I don't knoe if it's recorded by Syd himself or comes from EMI archives(acording to Vernon Fitch there were two versions).
    Excellent. Nice to know we can now finally hear it.

Indeed there were two tapes with the motorbike noises. One was a dub of a poor quality cassette recording Syd made himself sat on a friends bike which apparently sounded bad and worse caused grief for the EMI boffins figuring out a way to connect the cassette recorder to the 4 track machine.

The other tape was sounds taken from the EMI sound effects library which would had been professionally recorded. From what I recall, Syd's recording also featured traffic noises, so if the bike sounds sound lo-fi, it's Syds' recording, if they sound good, it'll be the EMI tapes. My betting is they'll have used the EMI tapes.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,346 Times in 47 Posts

"Rhamadan" in flac or mp3??

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hallucalation View Post
    "Rhamadan" in flac or mp3??
    Unfortunatelly mp3 192 kb/s

Thanks
    Thanked 4,346 Times in 47 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kimirkim View Post
    Unfortunatelly mp3 192 kb/s
    ****ING BASTARDS :tear:

Thanks

That mp3 bitrate is bang out of order. The very least one expects is either 320kbps mp3 or FLAC.