Thread: in search of...

Thanks
    Contribute Click the image below to donate to Yeeshkul.

Default in search of...

hi there!
    a little while back i was looking through a list of floyd recordings and i found one that really stood out... it had a song, attributed to nick mason i think, that was completely unique and only done once. i think it was from 1970 or 1971 (pre-dark side). i honestly can't remember any other details other than that, i just remember that the notes for the recording said it introduced mason and then they performed a very unique, long piece....

besides that, i was wondering if "several species of small furry animals" was ever performed live. i've read that it was sorta put into another song (interstellar overdrive?) in a jammed-out version...

if anyone has any advice or could point me in the direction of a torrent that might have some of this stuff, it would be much appreciated!

and by the way, thanks to everyone here for sharing the floyd! i've built up a nice collection of recordings because of all the very cool people taking the effort to upload these concerts for everyone to hear.

Thanks

Unless you're referring to the 'Christmas Song' which I believe was sung by Mason (and done in a studio), what you're describing sounds like it may be what was given the title 'Libest Spacement' (inspired by a mis-hearing of Mason's name) by a bootlegger long ago. It's a song or jam performed in early '71 at Royal Albert Hall I believe. From what I recall it is very similar to Moonhead.

As for your second question, one of the rare songs from 2/11/70 (Sysphus or The Violence Sequence) features some Grooving With A Pict-like Pict-esque rants from Roger.

Thanks

Wink

"PF 190/11/14 - Ernst-Merck Halle Hamburg Germany [T-136] (SHN)"

This IS THE CONCERT YOU ARE THINKING OF "Interstellar Overdrive (sic) PICT Rant/Corrosion" Etc.

"PF 1970/11/11 - Pictures of Pink Floyd Restoration Project [Speed Corrected] (FLAC)"
    http://www.yeeshkul.com/forum/attach...2&d=1166411122
    This concert features extended improvisations before Embryo.
    I think there is another concert with blues then Embryo.
    And of course there is the famous LONGEST EMBRYO EVER in 1971

"PF 1971/11/20 - From A Time So Strange (MoLM)"

I suggest gettings these three concerts to sonically answer your query. I think there might be more but I'm fuzzy tonight
    Last edited by karmamania; 03-19-2007 at 10:01 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by briank67 View Post
    hi there!

besides that, i was wondering if "several species of small furry animals" was ever performed live. i've read that it was sorta put into another song (interstellar overdrive?) in a jammed-out version...
    The Pictish rants from Several Species were often included as part of Careful With That Axe Eugene during performances in late '72.

Cheers,
    Tor
    Last edited by GroovingPict; 03-19-2007 at 05:57 PM.