I suppose this deserves a separate thread

1) Discs dilogged

2) Discs scratched

3) Discs with fingerprints

4) Discs with manufacturing errors

Please post here your situation, and where your box was:
    - Bought (Amazon, Best Buy, etc.)
    - Made (USA, Euroipe,Japan, wherever)

Even with a small database, we could make something (a letter to EMI, or another thing)
    Nick Mason
    I do have some bootlegs of our stuff to remind me how much I hate them. ( )

Roger Waters
    Q: How do you feel about fans exchanging bootlegs?
    A: I think it sounds like a healthy ( ) hobby.

Dave Gilmour
    The sound quality is usually dreadful ( ), but I've got one with hundreds of things on. Not quite sure where they've got it from. For people like us who've done a lot over the years it's not a major issue ( )

Pink Floyd fans: Express Your Support for Chile's Students here
    http://www.yeeshkul.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26455

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Chilean_protests
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tu4tPw5ND7M
    http://www.teachersolidarity.com/blo...for-education/
    Join us in the fight against neoliberal policies in education around the world!

Tear down 1980 Pinochet's constitution
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constitution_of_Chile

Thanks
    Thanked 2,827 Times in 100 Posts

Although all four discs were correctly seated at the bottom of the box
    and the box was of course originally wrapped, all of my four discs got
    some fingerprints at the edge of the "silver side".

Shame on the person at the factory, who assembled my box!

I really don't need the other stuff like the scarfe, the marbles and all,
    but the marbles seem to be of bad quality: As the prism design ist
    "just" printed on the marbles, it seems to peel off.

- Bought: Germany, Mediamarkt (city, store)
    - Made: Europe / Poland (www.takt.eu) and Germany (www.optimal-online.de)
    Last edited by Pittylabelle; 2011-10-02 at 09:12 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 35,192 Times in 429 Posts

I got my box from Amazon UK. I had two dislodged discs at the bottom and all four had smeary fingerprints on them. The DVD featuring the Brighton film wouldn't play until I gave it a very good clean.

I am delighted with the box - particularly the early DSOTM mix - but overall I think it was quite seriously let down by the novelty items, which are really tacky and not in keeping with the production values I expect from the band.

Thanks

got mine from amazon USA - all 4 discs at bottom had BAD scratches - the poor design and combination of UPS banging their packages around is a disaster combo - amazon overnighted a replacement and got it the next day - thumbs up to amazon - i am a prime member tho - replacement was in much better condition - love this box especially for 108 bucks

Thanks
    Thanked 7,111 Times in 145 Posts

christ... I bought my set off of amazon here in the states. I expect it to arrive on Monday but I can see from several people on this site that some people are already having issues with their discs. If my set is damaged in any way I am sending it back. I sure hope none of my discs have manufacturing errors either. I suppose I'll be making full backups of every disc as well and then only playing off of those.
    Click here to access my Pink Floyd lists!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,935 Times in 62 Posts

got mine yesterday from Amazon, one of the discs was dislodged and as a result got big ring shape mark which won't come off. called Amazon and they are sending me another one with 2 day shipping. everything else looks to be fine though i haven't played them all

btw, last night i started playing the Brighton video and my 3 year old daughter says "is this Pink Floyd?". I was shocked, how did a 3 year old know, i didn't tell her that i'm watching a Pink Floyd video. Though she heard me playing pink floyd audios many times, I bought her a Dark Side of the Moon T-shirt when she was 2.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,827 Times in 100 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fatoldpig View Post
    ... btw, last night i started playing the Brighton video and my 3 year old daughter says "is this Pink Floyd?". I was shocked, how did a 3 year old know, i didn't tell her that i'm watching a Pink Floyd video. ...
    Don't worry, it's a normal effect if someone is growing up with Pink Floyd from the very beginning.

Maybe you should play her some of the more doubtful Floyd tracks of this forum, so she could tell us
    ultimately if it's an original recording or not.

(However, my first contact with PF was at the age of 14 years, I think.)
    Last edited by Pittylabelle; 2011-10-01 at 08:55 PM.

Thanks

Got mine from Amazon the 29th of sept.

Audio CDs and DVDs are ok and with no evident fingerprints, all stuff is ok..... BUT MY BLU-RAY DIDN'T PLAY on my hp pavilion dv5!!!!

Looked at the contents and structure (dirs & files), seems ok, but when I try to launch the HP-QuickPlay player (which uses cyberlink dvd suite) it asks me to connect to internet and update a component, but it's all a waste of time, as there are non upgrades avavilable.

Anyone has the same issue?

Luckily a couple of friends got the box too, so I'll try with their blu-ray and I'll try to figure out if it's mine or is a sw issues.

Cheers.

EDIT:
    as said below, also blu-ray is ok so my package is all ok!!!
    forgot to clarify I bought from amazon.it, Box Set is made in EU, Discs reports in the matrix www.takt.eu
    Last edited by Gagliem; 2011-10-04 at 07:16 PM.

Thanks

Default This thread is an excellent idea!

I think that if we are to send this to EMI, we should perhaps include a rating on the package design. Something like 0-5. I give it a 0. (Zero being the worst obviously).

Packaged in USA
    Discs Mexico
    Bought in Best Buy

3 Discs were dislodged
    4 Discs were badly scratched
    4 Discs with fingerprints
    Both the discs in the sleeves were fine
    No observed manufacturing errors

It seems that most people are having problems with the 4 discs at the bottom.

I immediately returned the box to the store for an exchange and got a box that had no disc problems. So I give high marks to Best Buy, EMI not very much.

EMI, if you're reading this, I strongly urge you to fix the packaging issues for the future immersion boxes. We don't want to go through this every time we buy one! This will hurt sales! Especially online sales. I'm glad I bought mine at a retailer, so I could immediately get a replacement. Please put all the discs in sleeves! Not just the two that were obviously afterthoughts. They don't even have to be cardboard sleeves, paper will do fine! Also putting the discs at the bottom is inconvenient when you want to play them. You have to take out all the stuff to get at the discs.

All the extra stuff I could have lived without. I was mainly interested in the discs, as I'm sure most people are. I could have done without all the novelty items to reduce the cost a bit. Especially if I buy more immersion sets. I mean how many scarves and marbles do I need?
    "David and Nick constitute the group Pink Floyd. I on the other hand, am not part of Pink Floyd. I left Pink Floyd in 1985, that's 29 years ago. I had nothing to do with either of the Pink Floyd studio albums, 'Momentary Lapse of Reason' and 'The Division Bell,' nor the Pink Floyd tours of 1987 and 1994, and I have nothing to do with 'Endless River.' Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." -R Waters

Thanks

For $100+ there should not be any "production problems" on a set like this. Nor should stuff like the marbles and the scarf feel cheap. Inexcusable for EMI to pass this shoddiness like this to the public.