Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Wall - Crossed Hammers

Thanks
    Contribute Click the image below to donate to Yeeshkul.

Default The Wall - Crossed Hammers

Hello

Found out by total chance that the crossed hammers ensignia used by Roger Waters in
    The Wall is the same ensignia used by a neo nazi group that goes by the name of the
    Hammerskins, I will not put any links to this. Most I assume already knew this, but I
    for one did not

Floyd/Waters fans are walking around with this ensignia blazoned on there chests as I
    myself do/did with the words TRUST US.

I assume that they took it from Roger (The Wall) and adopted it because of the content is
    used under in The Wall.

I now longer want to keep wearing my show souvenir because of these people hijacking it
    Last edited by Nomad; 11-29-2011 at 11:23 AM.

Thanks

AFAIK, the marching hammers were Scarfe's idea, so it is an original concept for The Wall. I assume it was adapted by the neo-nazi group afterwards. It could be the same group that was used in the movie. My memory about this is a little fuzzy.

Thanks

Triply, the ones you are thinking of used in the movie were real skinheads, the Tilbury (sp?) Skins, to be specific, whatever that means.
    Suppose it refers to the "chapter" of their misfit organization to which they belonged.
    Roger also said that it frightened him a bit to see just how gleeful they became for the violent parts they were in for the film.
    "I don't know; I was really drunk at the time." - Henry McCullough

Thanks

Yes, I have seen the group you are referring to and the Hammers were indeed taken from The Wall's imagery.

Thanks

From Wiki:

The Hammerskins, (also known as Hammerskin Nation) are a white supremacist group formed in 1988 in Dallas, Texas.

The Hammerskins logo, depicting two claw hammers crossed to resemble goose-stepping legs, is based on a fictitious neo-nazi organization depicted in the 1982 film Pink Floyd The Wall. The portrayal of the fictional group in the film was intended to show Nazism negatively.[1] Their logo and motto Hammerskins Forever, Forever Hammerskins (HFFH) often appear in their paraphernalia and tattoos. Crew 38 and Hammerskins members also frequently identify themselves with the slogan "838," meaning "hail the crossed hammers" (the acronym HCH translates into the eighth, third, and eighth letters of the alphabet).

Well, the Floyd logo was there some 6 years before these morrons.
    So, they are bad, not the logo.
    There will always be morrons. They didn't even understand the concept of the film and the logo.

Thanks

The Hammerskins?
    More like the Foreskins.
    What a bunch of arse wipes

Thanks
    Thanked 1,499 Times in 54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by oldpink View Post
    Triply, the ones you are thinking of used in the movie were real skinheads, the Tilbury (sp?) Skins, to be specific, whatever that means.
    Suppose it refers to the "chapter" of their misfit organization to which they belonged.
    Roger also said that it frightened him a bit to see just how gleeful they became for the violent parts they were in for the film.
    The Tilbury Skins were from south Essex, a county bordering on east London (that's London, England, folks!), and it was filmed (I think) in north London, Euston Road area. But, f*ckers or not, they re not the southern white supremacists who have hijacked the image.Tilbury is is a town in afore-mentioned south Essex, and that's all you honestly need to know about it....

Reckon Scarfe (as original creator) or Waters (as rights-holder) could sue 'em for misuse etc? Intellectual property etc.

Bloody hope so. Close em down.

Thanks

Be no more embarrassed about wearing the crossed hammers than the British people should be about flying the Union Flag, which has also been hijacked..if you ignore them they will go away.

Give in to them and they achieve their objective...

The Worm

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Grotesque View Post
    The Tilbury Skins were from south Essex, a county bordering on east London (that's London, England, folks!), and it was filmed (I think) in north London, Euston Road area. But, f*ckers or not, they re not the southern white supremacists who have hijacked the image.Tilbury is is a town in afore-mentioned south Essex, and that's all you honestly need to know about it....

Reckon Scarfe (as original creator) or Waters (as rights-holder) could sue 'em for misuse etc? Intellectual property etc.

Bloody hope so. Close em down.
    Hello

That is what I was thinking, but I was not aware of its hijack so would Scarfe & Waters ?
    Last edited by Nomad; 11-30-2011 at 08:13 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Worm View Post
    Be no more embarrassed about wearing the crossed hammers than the British people should be about flying the Union Flag, which has also been hijacked..if you ignore them they will go away.

Give in to them and they achieve their objective...

The Worm
    Hello

I agree with what you say, but say just say I am wearing it out, and some idiot
    brain recognizes it for its misuse and I end up with a punch in the face.