Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Wall - Crossed Hammers

Thanks
    Thanked 4,109 Times in 241 Posts
    Contribute Click the image below to donate to Yeeshkul.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    The emblem on the back of the guitarist is the West Ham football clubs of two CROSSED hammers, that emblem has nothing to do with MARCHING hammers.
    And how do we know that they are not marching??? As 2 crossed hammers stationary in The Wall look like 2 CROSSED hammers

Thanks
    Thanked 1,491 Times in 54 Posts

Thumbs up

Congratulations...

The cool dusty air of the city boardroom.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mark t View Post
    Yeah, I always figured that Roger lifted it from West Ham, and then the Hammerskins from him.
    it was actually gerald who came up with it, and according to gerald it was "the only time the art affected the lyrics". i wouldn't have thought Roger came up with it, he's a devoted Arsenal fan.

Thanks

I'm kinda glad I stumbled upon this thread. I'm in the planning stages of a Floyd-based tattoo, and one of the images I was thinking of incorporating into it was the crossed hammers.
    Now that I know there's a group like that who uses it as their logo, I'm gonna have to do some reconsidering.

The cool dusty air of the city boardroom.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by coeconspiritor View Post
    I'm kinda glad I stumbled upon this thread. I'm in the planning stages of a Floyd-based tattoo, and one of the images I was thinking of incorporating into it was the crossed hammers.
    Now that I know there's a group like that who uses it as their logo, I'm gonna have to do some reconsidering.
    if anything, i'd reccomend the Prism or the Flowers.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,491 Times in 54 Posts

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by coeconspiritor View Post
    You'll be glad to hear that just because some poxy Yank fascists have hijacked the symbol, that's ALL they are. Yanks.

LOL

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Drsalvador View Post
    if anything, i'd reccomend the Prism or the Flowers.
    I was planning on a half sleeve collage, with the prism at the center and various images (the burning handshake, Battersea, ect.) off of it.
    One of those images was going to be the crossed hammers, but now that I know a racist group has hijacked it, I'm gonna have to think of something else.

In any case, I have a few years to think it over. I'm working on finishing up a half sleeve on my other arm, and I doubt I could talk the wife into letting me get another one so soon afterwards.

Thanks

American skinheads are pretty hilarious... a bunch of pretentious poseurs hanging out in a little shied somewhere like overgrown school kids. They give the old hardcore punk scene a bad name, but I guess they do nothing but the occasional well-policed rally. I wouldn't worry about it.