Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Brit Floyd Vs The Australian Pink Floyd Show

Thanks
    Contribute Click the image below to donate to Yeeshkul.

Default Brit Floyd Vs The Australian Pink Floyd Show

Hi all so here i have started a thread about the above topic brit floyd vs tapfs.So what is everyones opinion of both shows and which you like better and all differences and how much the music is note for note by each band and who does it better.Also to see what recs of both shows are out there that all of us fans can mabe get shared and be able to listen to and owen.So far im only aware of so many tapfs recs but not seen any brit floyd recs at all from any of there shows so does anyone have any and full recs or full vids of the complete shows that can be shared.Not sure if thread is in correct place.All opinions welcome so lets have a good thread here and see what happens.thanks all.

Thanks

One thing is for sure. TAPF isn't worth the ticket price 1690,- CZK (81 USD) which is a cost of first category tickets in the Czech Republic. I could see many top bands for that price (Pearl Jam on Monday - 1190,- CZK, second category).

Especially when they come here so often. They are good but it really is enough to see them once. I haven't seen the Brits yet, they are coming here in a few months but somehow I am not in a mood for my third revival in one year :)).
    Last edited by andy517; 07-07-2012 at 02:58 PM.

Thanks

I've seen both within a few months of each other in Boston. TAPFS played the Wang Theater, an ornate theater that hosts big name acts and theatrical shows. Brit Floyd played the House of Blues, basically a fancier club gig (mostly standing room, very little seating).

The Aussies had a big production and a big ticket price to match (like an "original act" ticket price). The Brits had a smaller, but still big-ish, production and a more modest ticket price. Both shows were good, but the Brits were better musically. Friends who went to both shows with me shared the opinion. Maybe we saw one group on a good night and the other on a bad night, but the Brits seemed tighter and the Aussies seemed a bit lacking some passion/feeling for the music.

I'd go back and see both of them again, but in my opinion the Brits have the edge musically from what I experienced.
    I am you and what I see is me.

Thanks

i have to agree now the brits do sound more musically tighter than aussies now i have seen the the aussies myself 4 years in a row and last 2 years well last and this years show were good but could have been a lot better.I already have tickets for the eclisped by the moon tour here in uk for feb which says they will play dsotm in full and show will be in a different format they say.Brit floyd i have seen 2years now as well last year on 1st ever tour and also this year on uk tour again have to say brits do it like floyd more now.So anyone think we should get more recs and vids of The Brits to see and hear.

Thanks

I have seen Aussie Floyd about 10-15 times, starting in 1992 in very small venues (King Tuts, Glasgow) up to the tour this year. The past few years they have played the SECC/Armadillo Glasgow.

Last year the guitarist with Aussie Floyd left (and took some others) to form Brit Floyd, not sure what was behind the split.

Both Floyd's have pretty much identical stage sets and setlists, however Brit Floyd lean slighty towards Waters material (they do lots of Wall and tiny bit of Final Cut) as the front man and bassist does a pretty mean impersonation of RW.

Musically, in 2011 the Brits nailed it easy, however this year the guitarist had his foot in plaster and performed sitting down and unfortunately it seemed to dampen things. So this year I would say it was 1-0 to the Aussies (but only just).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by maxwas View Post
    I have seen Aussie Floyd about 10-15 times, starting in 1992 in very small venues (King Tuts, Glasgow) up to the tour this year. The past few years they have played the SECC/Armadillo Glasgow.

Last year the guitarist with Aussie Floyd left (and took some others) to form Brit Floyd, not sure what was behind the split.

Both Floyd's have pretty much identical stage sets and setlists, however Brit Floyd lean slighty towards Waters material (they do lots of Wall and tiny bit of Final Cut) as the front man and bassist does a pretty mean impersonation of RW.

Musically, in 2011 the Brits nailed it easy, however this year the guitarist had his foot in plaster and performed sitting down and unfortunately it seemed to dampen things. So this year I would say it was 1-0 to the Aussies (but only just).

yeah i myself always see them in glasgow every year both great shows i 1st seen tapfs when then did the wall in full back in 2008 and that was brill and just kept going price of ticket was worth it for a great night of floyd and cant wait till feb 10th for clyde aud show will be great hearing dsotm in full.Also new blu ray looks good they have out in sept with over a hour and half of concert footage and other material like life on the raod.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,109 Times in 241 Posts

Both those bands are tribute from CDs. None of them pick up shows from bootlegs....So here is my say.......Interstellar factory wipe these bands away. Their sound is purely from themselves, all four members being Pink Floyd fans. They listened to pre DSOTM shows, and allowed the music seep through themselves. How many times did TAPF play Ummagumma??? NONE....What shows do Brit Floyd do?....Commercial. Interstellar Factory shows play purely what early Floyd fans will never hear live....The sooner they become european sound, the better the world will hear what Floyd REALLY sounded like in the early days, instead of that ticket selling commercial crap that is currently being output...

Just listen to the difference, this is NOT a rant:finger:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by radiowaves View Post
    Both those bands are tribute from CDs. None of them pick up shows from bootlegs....So here is my say.......Interstellar factory wipe these bands away. Their sound is purely from themselves, all four members being Pink Floyd fans. They listened to pre DSOTM shows, and allowed the music seep through themselves. How many times did TAPF play Ummagumma??? NONE....What shows do Brit Floyd do?....Commercial. Interstellar Factory shows play purely what early Floyd fans will never hear live....The sooner they become european sound, the better the world will hear what Floyd REALLY sounded like in the early days, instead of that ticket selling commercial crap that is currently being output...

Just listen to the difference, this is NOT a rant:finger:
    I'm really glad you said it.

Thanks

TAPFS All The Way For Me. I do stuff on the TAPFS Forum and promoting. I have close ties with them. I also have friends in Brit Floyd who were part of TAPFS. Brit Floyd Have Done well on Echoes, See Emily Play, The Great Gig In the Sky but improvements are needed sorry.
    The Australian Pink Floyd Show:
    Cardiff, Wales: 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
    Caldicot Castle, Caldicot, Wales: 2008
    Jodrell Bank Observatory, Cheshire, England: 2013

Roger Waters:
    Earls Court Exhibition Hall, London, England, UK: May 11th 2007

Brit Floyd
    Cardiff, Wales, UK: 2011

Thanks

On the same topic I saw Set The Controls last night. The female member is the star. She does a passable impersonation of Rick, Dick Parry, and Claire Torry. That's a lot of talent in one body. Overall though it is a step below TAPFS and Brit Floyd but then again it was also much cheaper.

They played for three hours, playing more than half of Meddle, Dark Side, WYWH, and Animals and 8 songs from the Wall. Just Astronomy Domine and On the Turning Away from outside the 70s.
    Seeking the following:
    • PIL
    • Arcade Fire
    • My Bloody Valentine