Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: List of Soundboard Recordings Prior to 1981?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,571 Times in 65 Posts
    Contribute Click the image below to donate to Yeeshkul.

Quote Originally Posted by wbeens View Post
    How about this one:
    1974-11-15 Empire Pool, Wembley, UK - A Strange One [soundboard]
    I think that one's a partial multitrack recording.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bert13 View Post
    I think that one's a partial multitrack recording.
    Yes, mostly drums with bass and very little guitar. Always fun to use as backing track ;-)
    But it qualifies as a soundboard so it should certainly be in the list.

Thanks

There's a soundboard recording from 1980-02-12 L.A., from which only a sample of The Last Few Bricks has circulated.

Speaking of The Wall, another obvious one is the rehearsal tape, which I usually see dated to 1980-02-01.

I've read that the band holds a multitrack soundboard recording of 1973-03-17 Radio City Music Hall.

Wasn't there some rumor of a Rome 1971 soundboard? I feel like it was mentioned once in passing at some point on Y! but I can't recall exactly where.

AFAIK, the Santa Monica 1971-10-16 tape is no rumor -- a second recorder definitely seems to exist -- but I'd need to hear a longer sample to be sure it's a soundboard. What I've heard didn't really sound like one.

Of course there are tons of radio, TV, and film recordings that use board feeds, but that's a different can of worms.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wbeens View Post
    Yes, mostly drums with bass and very little guitar. Always fun to use as backing track ;-)
    But it qualifies as a soundboard so it should certainly be in the list.
    Is this on the tracker?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by goldenband View Post
    There's a soundboard recording from 1980-02-12 L.A., from which only a sample of The Last Few Bricks has circulated.
    Not too hot on my Wall shows, but I'll add that to the list.

I've read that the band holds a multitrack soundboard recording of 1973-03-17 Radio City Music Hall.
    As RT said, it appears that they do indeed. But, if the bands holding it, I don't think it's likely we'll ever hear it

Wasn't there some rumor of a Rome 1971 soundboard? I feel like it was mentioned once in passing at some point on Y! but I can't recall exactly where.
    I think I recall reading that as well. Fairly sure that it was the Palaeur gig in Rome on 1971-06-20. Cheers goldenband!

Quote Originally Posted by ammoj2 View Post
    Is this on the tracker?
    A Strange One

Thanks
    Thanked 11,507 Times in 155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PatGoD67 View Post

1975-04-21 - San Diego Sports Arena, California
    Not yet made an appearance on the tracker. Contains DSotM and Echoes only - LP exclusive.
    I understand there is also a recording of parts of the Denver show and an almost complete Hamilton show which should be taken seriously if they appear on bootleg.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by neonknight View Post
    I understand there is also a recording of parts of the Denver show and an almost complete Hamilton show which should be taken seriously if they appear on bootleg.
    Just for clarity, this is the 1975-04-17 show at Denver Coliseum, and 1975-06-28 show at Ivor Wynne Stadium...?

Can you give any more details or info? Is this legit, or merely just rumoured?

Thanks
    Thanked 11,507 Times in 155 Posts

These are legit PatGoD67.... the only trouble is that nobody seems to have them but as I mentioned if they turn up on eBay like San Diego did they would be well worth considering buying if somebody has the budget. My hope is that, as we say in the UK, these recordings now turn up like buses - in threes. Come to mention it, I wonder if buses also turn up in threes in other countries? I'm sure there must be a website on the subject somewhere.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BarneyMcGrew View Post

Pink Floyd recorded almost all their shows from the soundboard, it was important for the development of the final studio versions and David Gilmour and Nick Mason hold copies, Roger may have some too. Obviously engineers and roadies will have snaffled some and as they die / regain lost memory (rare) / move house, they and/or friends and relatives may stumble across these recordings but unfortunately most have probably been chucked, sunk to the bottom of canals or are just wasting away. Not many would even consider listening to a bunch of poorly labelled corroded and faded old C90s and those who might would probably hoard any gems they found.

Gilmour considers these recordings as little more than poor quality postcards. Shouldn't think he'd want to listen to his poor, average or even great performances. I would if I were him as they might improve the standard of his current output. Gilmour isn't a crowd pleaser. He was very Spinal Tap in the 70's and 80's and when I met him in Dusseldorf in '84 I found him quite dour. The About Face tour had its moments but was mostly very dull. He has mellowed a bit recently, maybe we have Polly to thank for that but I still doubt he'll ever release what he has for us fans.

Nick unfortunately seems too busy driving cars and promoting himself to be bothered.
    Well, Nick is the last time very busy on facebook:
    Maybe we should ask him to post his copies of these soundboards on his facebookpage in stead of youtube-links of pulse and Pompei....
    Pink Floyd 1994 - Roger Waters 2002 - 2006 -2007 - 2011 - 2013 David Gilmour 2006

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by carefule View Post
    Well, Nick is the last time very busy on facebook:
    Maybe we should ask him to post his copies of these soundboards on his facebookpage in stead of youtube-links of pulse and Pompei....
    The song will remain the same as always. If anyone does get around to asking him something also ask if he'd like to post the studio variant of Echoes with the planets lyrics, the one the BBC played snippets of. It may not be his fault / down to him, probably loads of beurocracy to negotiate so the myriad leeches are fed along the way. But there'd be nothing to stop him sneaking them out anonymously for the greater good and maybe as a tribute to the hippie ideals which helped them get where they are today.

Can you imagine if they did get out. The management would be forced to justify their existence by spending a load of cash on an army of IT experts, public investigators and finally, assuming they discovered who did it an army of very expensive suffed shirts.

There's an analogy here with drug dealing. Heavily polluted street gear versus the pure stuff from Dr's Gilmour, Mason and Waters! etc etc Incidentally I don't consider the uploaders here as street dealers, more like top class dutch Coffeshops which are free due to the tremendous generosity of all those involved.
    Last edited by BarneyMcGrew; 04-16-2013 at 08:59 PM.