Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Article on early Pink Floyd demos in Record Collector

Thanks

why a review from a magazine without new release?, i'm pretty sure that come around september/october!! but i don't think that come under the title "immersion"

Thanks
    Thanked 4,271 Times in 47 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pf94 View Post
    why a review from a magazine without new release?, i'm pretty sure that come around september/october!! but i don't think that come under the title "immersion"
    Special release of rarities? That's too good to be true. I'm ready to pay 100$ if they just released 1 cd with Piper + 5 bonus track from 64 session in super deluxe package

Thanks
    Thanked 1,926 Times in 62 Posts

just saw this today https://www.facebook.com/#!/pinkfloy...ocation=stream

The new issue of the UK's Record Collector magazine has a large and absorbing interview with Nick Mason, talking about a range of early Pink Floyd acetates, and his hopes for an Immersion set looking at the early years. There's also an interview with early producer Joe Boyd, and a guide to some of the rarer Pink Floyd vinyl releases, which includes the approximate value of these items. You can purchase the magazine in major UK stores now, or mail order via: http://recordcollectormag.com/issue-detail/417.

Thanks
    Thanked 34,356 Times in 423 Posts

It's a very interesting article that left me with the impression that we can genuinely expect more releases from the early years - I was a bit surprised. Worth buying a copy.

Thanks

Well, at least Nick still seems intent on releasing an early years "Immersion" set - question is, when? My hopeful guess is next year since it would tie in with the 50th anniversary of the recording of the first demos. Would make some "conceptual" sense and high time Bob Klose had some royalties.

Also gotta give a heads up for the Pretty Things article which is excellent and features some interesting recollections of their EMI years and Norman Smith is talked about a fair bit. I'm a BIG fan of the Pretties and this new piece digs a little deeper than most which was refreshing, so this edition of Record Collector is actually one of the most interesting ones they've done in a long time.

at home in wolverhampton u.k or in a tent up a mountain or sumsuch.
    Thanks

Quite excited to read that The Early Years might extend up to 1971 and that the tapes for Meddle have been saved from dry rot or rising damp or chicken pox or whatever, (so we might get Return Of The Son Of Nothing studio version.)
    Mentions for King Bee,Double O Bo,Butterfly and Let's Roll Another One as the 'four Broadhurst Gardens songs'
    and Scream....and Walk With Me Henry, as songs Nick thinks should be released.
    A possible movie soundtrack Immersion.
    And a side bar interview with Joe Boyd which asks the question I meant to ask him when I met him,but got all flummoxed and didn't, regarding Candy/Let's Roll, which makes it less of a disaster that I didn't because it seems he got the answer wrong anyway.
    What a tease!
    Last edited by sydzappa; 2013-07-20 at 03:51 PM.

Thanks

The problem with an Early Years box set is that it might not be complete. In turn this might almost guarantee that other tracks will never be released. Besides, to most of the public Scream Thy Last Scream and Vegetable Man are early unreleased tracks... so that is two tracks taken up already.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,926 Times in 62 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by neonknight View Post
    It's a very interesting article that left me with the impression that we can genuinely expect more releases from the early years - I was a bit surprised. Worth buying a copy.
    ordered one

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hallucalation View Post
    p.s. certainly some scans of the article would be nice, at least in PM, as i need to buy this stuff from Ebay overseas :-D
    I join the plea. I'm neither UK resident (it's nearly impossible to find current foreign magazines here in Ukraine, I've never seen Record Collector on sale), nor do I have any Apple devices to buy a digital edition.
    Last edited by 3Dasha; 2013-07-28 at 04:14 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 3Dasha View Post
    I join the plea. I'm neither UK resident (it's nearly impossible to find current foreign magazines here, I've never seen Record Collector on sale), nor do I have any Apple devices to buy a digital edition.
    Agreed. Please post scans of the article!