Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: The Last Minute Put Together Boogie Band tape is due to be officially released

Thanks

Is Gotta be crazy has something to do with Gotta be a reason?
    And #9 might be an echo of Echoes?

Thanks

"Number Nine" jam on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx8bcnsguX0

Thanks

Recent comments from Twink on Facebook, which I'm sure he won't mind me sharing:

I'm hoping that Syd's cassette recordings of STARS rehersals, Victor Kraft's recordings of STARS gigs & the cassette recording of the second Corn Exchange gig surface soon ......
    At one of The Dandelion Coffee Shop gigs Syd just "blew me away" with his proficiency on the guitar, his fingers moved fast up & down the fret board
    yes that gig was recorded by Victor Kraft

Thanks
    Thanked 4,346 Times in 47 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by psychedelicpiper View Post
    Recent comments from Twink on Facebook, which I'm sure he won't mind me sharing:
    I won't take Twink words too seriously. For example he constantly insist that Syd's Olympia 1970 recording is actually recording of Stars gig with him on drums (!!!).

Thanks

In fairness to Twink, those Facebook quotes do stack up with what we know. Sadly I think all those tapes he mentions are long lost.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hallucalation View Post
    I won't take Twink words too seriously. For example he constantly insist that Syd's Olympia 1970 recording is actually recording of Stars gig with him on drums (!!!).
    I'm pretty sure Twink was confused in the interview when he was asked that. Ask him again today, and he'll tell you there's only one known surviving recording of him playing with Syd, and that's the recently released Boogie Band recording.

Quote Originally Posted by marksturdy View Post
    In fairness to Twink, those Facebook quotes do stack up with what we know. Sadly I think all those tapes he mentions are long lost.
    Indeed, and imo, "Number Nine" does feature some of the best guitar playing I've ever heard from Syd. Sure, he seemingly holds back for much of it, switching between rhythm, lead, and effects, allowing the other members room to improvise, but damn, is his timing perfect and his playing dexterous. Not to mention his inventiveness. It's a rough jam, but you can tell the people playing are pros, especially Syd. I've never heard anything quite like that solo in the middle before. I guess we still need a Stars recording to surface to convince some of you guys, though.
    Last edited by psychedelicpiper; 2014-07-03 at 01:39 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by psychedelicpiper View Post
    Ask him again today, and he'll tell you there's only one known surviving recording of him playing with Syd, and that's the recently released Boogie Band recording.
    I'll do on next ocassion but he specially listened tape on youtube and claiming urgently that it's he on drums and Jack Monk on bass, when in reality it's Gilmour and Shirley. Not to mention that he also insist that this is true Syd recording made in his cellar with the Stars http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9Yl7Izd6fo

Thanks

Just got my disc, glad to see this finally come out, it's pretty good glad to see it finally get released. Little by little all these known recordings are coming out

Thanks

How do you reach Twink on Facebook? Trust me, you don't want to Google 'Twink' on a machine at your workplace, and I guess you might find your targetted adverts on FB change a bit as well.

Any chance of getting Twink to sign up as a member here?

Thanks

He's very active on Facebook under new name (and look) as Mohammed Abdullah John Alder. Find him on any FB group about Tomorrow/Pink Fairies/Pretty Things