Thread: Quad LP Player Info??

Thanks

Wink Quad LP Player Info??

Hey everyone. I AM Excited to say that I just received a JVC SK-4430 AM/FM, Quadraphonic LP Player! I Had NO Idea it Was QUAD til I got it home and went to plug it up. It had 4 connections on rear for a "Main Front" L/R and a "Rear" L/R!!! I looked online and Found Nothing As Far As INFO. Anyone have any Info on this machine!? I plugged it up last night FOR MY FIRST EXPERIENCE OF LP DARK SIDE!! AMAZING!!! Teared Up A Tad. Beautiful! I JUST Ordered me a Quad LP off Ebay. Just Curious IF Anyone Has Info/Specs on this JVC SK-4430?

SUPER THANKS!
    With Our Backs To The WALL!!

Thanks

Default Thanks ALL

Thanks To Everyone who at least LOOKED at my question. Info is hard to find for this. Not Much as far as Specs ON The Unit.
    THANKS ALL

Thanks
    Thanked 2,695 Times in 45 Posts

I certainly did look, but my Google-Fu failed me, and I wasn't able to find anything on this almost mythological piece of kit!

How's about some pictures of the front and back? And any details on the stylus and cartridge? Is it a CD4 type system (which had special cartridges and stylii) or an SQ / QS system which synthesised the rear signal via phase encoding and used a standard stereo pickup. CD4 was more discrete, had better separation, and relied on an additional carrier signal to define the channel separation. The pickup for CD4 was designed to have greater frequency response to properly handle the carrier (which was up somewhere like 30Khz). Decent high-end cartridges would probably work to extract a CD4 signal, but the format was designed to be used with specific now pretty rare, cartridges.

Be interesting to see what knobs you've got on it as well - could give more clues as to the specifics of the quad system it's using!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,039 Times in 34 Posts

One place to look:

http://www.vinylengine.com/

Thanks
    Thanked 1,039 Times in 34 Posts

Thanks
    Thanked 2,695 Times in 45 Posts

Must admit I'd already trawled the Vinyl Engine database... nada.

Thanks

Thumbs up Sorry for Slow Response

I will snap some photos and up them here asap in the AM. I just remembered to check here before bed. SUPER Thanks for helping me out. I did see a switch on the front of the unit for "Main", "Remote" (separate stereo speakers in another room), and "4S" for 4 speaker. And there IS connections and labels on the connections "For 4 Speaker System"......... 2 Main Front L/R and a Rear L/R. Will upload some pics first thing tomorrow.

Thanks Guys!

Thanks

Cool Pics of Unit

These are some pics of the unit JVC SK-4430 .... AGAIN, Thanks For The Help!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks

Default I Did Order SQ Dark Side

I Did Order an SQ Vynil Dark Side of the Moon off Ebay and will be checking it out.