Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steven Wilson - 2015-06-04 - Park West, Chicago [24-48]

Thanks
    Thanked 4,580 Times in 196 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ravingandrooling View Post
    Best. Weekend. Ever. Thanks to the greatest group of friends one could hope for. Couldn't have pulled this off without my loving wife & a five hour train ride to Chicago, the unbelievable hospitality of Roscoe59, a surprise visit from my "brother from another mother" in North Carolina (Greg Hampton), meeting Julie for the first time and seeing Michael Wiseman visit all the way from PA. Sorry for all the extra drama peeps. Kinda blew me away

Huge thank you to MOB. Your contributions to the community never cease to amaze. Thank you! With the help of some more good friends, I'm going to try and record 1-2 shows a week across the US Midwest while I can for the next little while, so wish me luck, be patient and don't lose your sense of humor.
    It is the best one recording from all American's shows. Very clear bass line...Thank you again.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,039 Times in 34 Posts

"Anyone catch what I yelled out at the 7:29 and 7:53 mark of Sleep Together? "

Yes, I caught that. What I wanted to know is who wanted 'Free Bird', part of your group or just an anonymous Lynyrd Skynyrd fan?

One of ravingandrooling/MOB's best recordings ever. Thank you.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,006 Times in 11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TANSTAAFL! View Post
    "Anyone catch what I yelled out at the 7:29 and 7:53 mark of Sleep Together? "

Yes, I caught that. What I wanted to know is who wanted 'Free Bird', part of your group or just an anonymous Lynyrd Skynyrd fan?

One of ravingandrooling/MOB's best recordings ever. Thank you.
    I'm pretty sure that was Posty (ravingandrooling).

Thanks
    Thanked 8,709 Times in 214 Posts

The origins and surrounding silliness of "Free Bird" at Park West are hilarious. Steven still gets torqued years later (in a good way). And what can I say........ far be it from me to pass on an opportunity to bust some balls

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ravingandrooling View Post
    The origins and surrounding silliness of "Free Bird" at Park West are hilarious. Steven still gets torqued years later (in a good way). And what can I say........ far be it from me to pass on an opportunity to bust some balls

Well, don't you want to tell me the story?

Please.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,006 Times in 11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lokbra View Post
    Well, don't you want to tell me the story?

Please.
    Kevin Matthews, a longtime DJ in the Chicago area, once urged his listeners to shout out "Freebird" (as in requesting the song to be played) during concerts. It caught on and became a local in-joke played on unsuspecting bands for decades. The tradition has pretty much petered out but during Porcupine Tree's 2005 Park West concert (which was filmed and released as "Arriving Somehwere...") someone carried on that tradition and because it was shot and released it soon became a running joke for Porcupine Tree / Steven Wilson fans worldwide for the past 10 years.

Thanks

storm

Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe59 View Post
    Kevin Matthews, a longtime DJ in the Chicago area, once urged his listeners to shout out "Freebird" (as in requesting the song to be played) during concerts. It caught on and became a local in-joke played on unsuspecting bands for decades. The tradition has pretty much petered out but during Porcupine Tree's 2005 Park West concert (which was filmed and released as "Arriving Somehwere...") someone carried on that tradition and because it was shot and released it soon became a running joke for Porcupine Tree / Steven Wilson fans worldwide for the past 10 years.
    This reminds me of a segment that used to be on 98.9 The Rock in Kansas City. In the mornings sometimes, they would have a guy (Greg?) take on the persona of "melodramatic man" and read out some lyrics in an overblown, dramatic way, for effect (it was a lot of fun). The callers were supposed to guess the band and song. Without fail, every time they ran this segment, there would be several callers who would guess "Whitesnake" no matter what the real answer was.

People are awesome, at times.

Nice job on the Freebird & Y! moments, guys!

Thanks

Thank you...

Thanks

please seed this, i am late to the party