Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RIP: Jim Canale (Free Range Pigs)

Thanks

Very sad to hear of Jim passing. Through him, and by a series of chance events, I entered the Floyd roio world which was unknown to me at the time. I own every FRP release and I'll be forever grateful to him and his FRP colleagues. Shine on Jim!

Thanks

Exclamation lookin for an explanation

Hey, I'm Jim's daughter. I googled him and free range pigs cause i don't have ANY of the recordings that FRP put together. I don't know how to access them, i suck at computer stuff and downloading... so I apologize, I'm sure I won't be contributing much to you're collection. Can someone PLEASE explain to me how to access these recordings? I just want to listen to the bootlegs that my dad worked on. I love Pink Floyd and I've been out of new PF stuff since I was like 18. I also feel like it could bring me closer to my dad, whatever and wherever he is now. Please help!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by smallerishpig View Post
    Hey, I'm Jim's daughter. I googled him and free range pigs cause i don't have ANY of the recordings that FRP put together. I don't know how to access them, i suck at computer stuff and downloading... so I apologize, I'm sure I won't be contributing much to you're collection. Can someone PLEASE explain to me how to access these recordings? I just want to listen to the bootlegs that my dad worked on. I love Pink Floyd and I've been out of new PF stuff since I was like 18. I also feel like it could bring me closer to my dad, whatever and wherever he is now. Please help!
    I'm sure there will be others who will jump in and provide you the torrent links to some of the other FRP releases, but I can contribute "Broadcasting from Europa 1" and "Complete Concertgebouw," "One of these Days in Bradford," and "The Final Cutting" should you like.
    I changed the filenames around to the way I like them, but the underlying WAV (audio) files are still exactly as originally produced.
    I poked around, and the Pink Floyd (dunno about solo Roger Waters, Dave Gilmour, sorry) ROIOs that I was able to determine were also put out by FRP were as follows:
    Getting Better All the Time
    Pavillion de Pigs
    The Lost New York Tapes

I'm pretty sure there are some other Pink Floyd releases from FRP, but I can't find a comprehensive list other than a random site that gave me what I have provided here.
    I'm also dead certain that FRP made some releases of solo material, but I have no idea what those would be, so hopefully someone can provide you a complete list, if not torrents.
    All you need to do to download them (assuming that you don't know torrent yet) is to get yourself a copy of a decent bit torrent client, such as utorrent (www.utorrent.com) or (my favorite here) Vuze (http://www.vuze.com/), click on the link with the torrent file in the posts I will link to below, then allow your bit torrent client to open them.

Here are the links to the four torrents I made up:

http://yeeshkul.com/forum/showthread...-from-Europa-1

http://yeeshkul.com/forum/showthread...ertgebouw-1969

http://yeeshkul.com/forum/showthread...ys-in-Bradford

http://yeeshkul.com/forum/showthread...-Final-Cutting

Ask if you have any problems, but I don't foresee any, just as long as you follow the basic instructions I gave or on the FAQ here on Yeeshkul!
    Good luck, and enjoy!
    Last edited by oldpink; 10-23-2015 at 11:21 PM.
    "I don't know; I was really drunk at the time." - Henry McCullough

Thanks

If you don't understand how torrents work, or don't care to learn, either I or someone else on this board can always just snail mail you some of the FRP recordings. Send me a PM if you need some help.

Best Wishes,

Joseph

Thanks
    Thanked 29,364 Times in 771 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jchrist1946 View Post
    If you don't understand how torrents work, or don't care to learn, either I or someone else on this board can always just snail mail you some of the FRP recordings. Send me a PM if you need some help.

Best Wishes,

Joseph
    That it's the best solution for me.

A useful site for floydians (many thanks Snsik) :

And then one day you find ten years have got behind you, no one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun.

Thanks

You're dad was a really nice guy. I first got to meet him in Denver at the AFG Convocation for Roger's show. I had lunch with him and Mark Gunzinger one day and we all seemed to bond. Do you know Mark or how to contact him? He and your dad were FRP, IIRC. I can help to put you both together. Your dad and I used to keep in touch via Facebook. He lost some of his collection a few years back and I sent him a hard drive to copy with everything I had at the time.

I'm really sorry for your loss.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,514 Times in 118 Posts

It is indeed an unfortunate and too soon event indeed. My great condolences for your loss. Jim's contributions will Shine On!