Thread: Yeeshkul - Proposed Grading System

Thanks

Default Yeeshkul - Proposed Grading System

A+: Best of The Best quality. Absolutely no flaws in the audio, and sounds incredible.
    A: Incredible quality, with little flaws. The flaws aren't noticeable, but still there.
    A-: Still great quality, with a little more flaws.

B+: Very good quality, with noticeable flaws. The flaws aren't huge, but are getting worse.
    B: Good, but the flaws are getting worse. Noticeable flaws are starting to appear, and start to ruin the experience a little bit.
    B-: Alright quality, and the flaws are starting to appear more and more loudly/frequently.

C+: Better than nothing, but sounds terrible. Little sound left, mainly noise or other very distant.
    C: Terrible quality, the music/video is basically impossible to listen to/watch.
    C-: The Worst of The Worst.
    Concerts:

Roger Waters - Philadelphia, 2017.

Ozzy Osbourne - Camden, NJ, 2018.

Thanks

I too would like to see clear warnings and gradings to learn beforehand whether the material I'll be downloading meets my standards, or to know what to expect without nasty surprises.

Although useful, the problem with grading is that they are mostly subjective if not supervised by a team of unbiased judges. Something like the grading system used for collectible comics.

When I say subjective, I talk about a recorder or someone doing a remaster who may grade his own material at a certain high level, just because he worked on the recording. But it may not be true to someone listening with a critical ear. And that's understandable, as you get attached to the material you worked in.

It has happened before. In many torrent descriptions current and from the past (specially from the past) you can find a wide variety of descriptions of the sounds. People write praises to the recordings they share, saying something like "very good", while in truth the sound is just barely acceptable. Even in the recent years we've witnessed some great remasters that have really improved the sound of some ancient tapes. But while many comments talk about "perfect work" or "greatly improved", if listened with a grading intention you may find that some of those have just upped the quality one or two steps in your chart (and rarely three).

While I support the idea of the grading chart, I wonder if it is really feasible taking into account the huge amount of recordings that are available here.
    Last edited by ruben77; 2021-01-30 at 12:20 AM.
    R.M.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ruben77 View Post
    I too would like to see clear warnings and gradings to learn beforehand whether the material I'll be downloading meets my standards, or to know what to expect without nasty surprises.

Although useful, the problem with grading is that they are mostly subjective if not supervised by a team of unbiased judges. Something like the grading system used for collectible comics.

When I say subjective, I talk about a recorder or someone doing a remaster who may grade his own material at a certain high level, just because he worked on the recording. But it may not be true to someone listening with a critical ear. And that's understandable, as you get attached to the material you worked in.

It has happened before. In many torrent descriptions current and from the past (specially from the past) you can find a wide variety of descriptions of the sounds. People write praises to the recordings they share, saying something like "very good", while in truth the sound is just barely acceptable. Even in the recent years we've witnessed some great remasters that have really improved the sound of some ancient tapes. But while many comments talk about "perfect work" or "greatly improved", if listened with a grading intention you may find that some of those have just upped the quality one or two steps in your chart (and rarely three).

While I support the idea of the grading chart, I wonder if it is really feasible taking into account the huge amount of recordings that are available here.

jajajajajaajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajaajajajaja God...... jajajajajajajajajaajjaajajajajajajajaja your standards ! jajajajaaj God... no more... jajajajaja

Thanks
    Thanked 3,377 Times in 97 Posts

I'm taking this as a serious suggestion and not as a joke, so...

It's not going to happen - far too subjective.

Anybody is free to post their opinions in the corresponding torrent threads. This should be sufficient for everyone.

If you can't be arsed to read those comments or to download and listen for yourselves then that's your problem, not ours.