Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Harvested Records Complete Video Anthology (Overview and In-depth)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrFender View Post
    One question - do the completists here want/need the original/Rev A/Rev B?
    I'm not a completist but my vote is for keeping only the best versions alive and letting the lesser versions fall by the wayside - presuming, of course, the revised version is a clear cut improvement over the original.

Quote Originally Posted by jjy View Post
    At one point was there not going to be a DG Video anthology part 3 in the works?From what i remember it was scraped cause of some official stuff in it,or maybe I'm imagining things,it happens
    Interesting... perhaps there's a need for a hybrid revised DG Video Anthology 2 with the official stuff removed and new (unofficial) stuff that was under consideration for Volume 3 added?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AnalogKidAV View Post
    I'm not a completist but my vote is for keeping only the best versions alive and letting the lesser versions fall by the wayside - presuming, of course, the revised version is a clear cut improvement over the original.
    I always preferred to only have the latest upgrade on the tracker but the completists argued otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnalogKidAV View Post
    Interesting... perhaps there's a need for a hybrid revised DG Video Anthology 2 with the official stuff removed and new (unofficial) stuff that was under consideration for Volume 3 added?
    A Vol 3 was never seriously considered and Vol 2 is what it is. Any hybrids created from Vol 2 is not associated with HRV.

Thanks

I'm pretty confident there was also a HRV BLU 04. It was a 8MM recording of DG's 1984 show from Allentown PA (7/12/84). Hopefully someone else can confirm that this was an official release.

Thanks

Default Pink Floyd Video Anthology Blu-Ray or Early Years Box Set

Hi there
    I've got both of the above, & have noticed that most of the clips exist in the official box set. I am curious if anyone has made a comparison of the two, as I hate the idea of duplicating things & having to dig through a box set for video clips I want to view, especially if the other option has better quality?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by williamdu View Post
    Hi there
    I've got both of the above, & have noticed that most of the clips exist in the official box set. I am curious if anyone has made a comparison of the two, as I hate the idea of duplicating things & having to dig through a box set for video clips I want to view, especially if the other option has better quality?
    While the HRV anthologies set the standard, virtually all of those circulating clips do not compare to the official box set. To see the vintage 1967-1972 footage in HD quality on the official blu-rays is a dream come true. The only exceptions I noticed in the box set (so far, as I'm still working my way through it) would be the Stamping Ground 1970 and Japan 1971 clips. The official box set appears to have lifted those zeros and ones directly from the HRV versions, and then strangely skewed the screen ratio on them. Otherwise, the official box set has now become my go-to source for classic Floyd videos.

That said, there are a few omissions in the box set, such as the 1967 Dope and Anthony Stern's San Francisco clips. It would be nice if someone compiled those omissions along with the later 1975-1983 footage into one convenient package...

Thanks

The box set is an upgrade, but I still have an issue with the San Tropez footage. Hopefully these screenshots highlight my beef:

Reach for a Peach:

Early Years Volume 4 - 1970 Devi-ation:

The second is a much sharper image, but that sunshine yellow tint to it is a bit disappointing. Presumably somebody could edit the colour balance and make it a bit truer to the original?

Thanks

Half the damn thing is out of synch so why even bother?

Thanks

Well you could sync it up after you fix the colour balance.

Like, out of sync in a way it wasn't on Reach for a Peach? I've not directly compared the two sources. The BBC played a clip from the Early Years set a few nights back with Atom Heart Mother from San Tropez. I forgot how many shades of shit Nick battered out of his drums or how overdriven Rick's Hammond organ was at the end. It all looked in sync, but I wasn't scrutinising it.